NBA Chicago Bulls discussion thread.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They also neglected to mention the entire reason why Detroit walked off the court in game 4 of the ECF was due to Jordan and Bulls trashing their entire champion run prior to that game. For the guy who is arguably the GOAT in many fans minds and won six titles he is still pretty damn bitter to this day. No one else seems to remember the Celtics doing the same to the Pistons in '88. Probably because the Pistons never made an issue out of it like Chicago did.

I also laughed pretty hard at Jordan still declaring Isiah an asshole. This is the same guy who invited his high school coach to his HOF induction for one reason only. Just to publicly trash him.

If anything Isiah and Jordan are two peas in a pod.

I mean, Isiah, Rodman and Sally were all in this doc and they said nothing of that. Sally also did an interview live after the airing and again stated it was related to the Celtics walking off, but he refused to do it. I don't know where you're getting that from but it's not accurate. Yes, Jordan was an a-hole and it's well documented in this series.

Isiah also stated he regretted it based on what happened after. There was obviously a ton of tension in that series but ultimately it looked bad. The Pistons were playing the perfect villain all the way to the end, that's all it was about.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They also neglected to mention the entire reason why Detroit walked off the court in game 4 of the ECF was due to Jordan and Bulls trashing their entire champion run prior to that game. For the guy who is arguably the GOAT in many fans minds and won six titles he is still pretty damn bitter to this day. No one else seems to remember the Celtics doing the same to the Pistons in '88. Probably because the Pistons never made an issue out of it like Chicago did.

I also laughed pretty hard at Jordan still declaring Isiah an asshole. This is the same guy who invited his high school coach to his HOF induction for one reason only. Just to publicly trash him.

If anything Isiah and Jordan are two peas in a pod.

The Bad Boys are seen much the same way the 70's Flyers teams were, where they don't get much credit for the level of talent they had because of their reputation, and the league had to put in a whole new rulebook to ensure it wouldn't happen ever again. They've needed these types of documentaries to have their story told (their 30-for-30 is one of my favorites).

I'm not as high on doing that just because the Celtics did it, to me they were just being bitches too, but that time of the NBA was much more personal. It also sold the NBA though - most stories need heroes and villains. (by comparison, I had never considered that Magic vs. Jordan would've been a big deal because you don't ever hear that as part of either of the teams' story) To be honest though, I had never known that happened either. The Pistons also clearly had the mentality that they didn't need your respect just because they beat you, which was part of their identity to begin with. I sometimes question if I would've been someone who liked them if I was old enough to watch it unfold.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Of course no one could guard him he was guarded by smaller/stiffer/leas athletic guards because let’s face the SG pisition league wide was
utter shit, and the refs protecting him made him unguardable. Jordan is the most ref protected player in the history of any sport and it’s not
even close

The most protected player ever? Have you seen the superstars today.
Not even close to a accurate statement.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
2 things they didn’t really make clear, that was the 2nd year the Bulls beat the Cavs, surprised they didn’t mention that since it was the first series they won. But they also played the Pistons that year too. When the Bulls won, that was the 4th year in a row they met in the playoffs.

They mentioned it in Part 1 or 2 last week, I forget which one. That CLE beat them 6x in the regular season that year and then they met in the playoffs. There's a part where each Chicago beat guy pick the Cavs in 3, 4 and 5 games respectively and Jordan went up to each one after each Bulls win and said some thing like "you're out" "now you're out" and so on. And then they briefly mention how that was followed up with a loss to the Pistons in the next round.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
You can find it on the internet. I was pretty shocked. Episodes 9 & 10 are in production right now.

Part 3 is about Rodman
Part 4 is about Phil Jackson and the first championship
Part 5 is about Air Jordan's and the Olympics
Part 6 is about gambling
Part 7 is about his dad dying and his retirement/Baseball
Part 8 is about "I'm Back"

On why Michael Jordan was so hard on his team, "My teammates came after me. They didn't have to endure what I did"

If anything this documentary shows how Lebron took the easy way out and Jordan fought his way to greatness. There is absolutely no comparison.
With ten hours to fill I was wondering if we'd get a Dickey Simpkins episode.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
With ten hours to fill I was wondering if we'd get a Dickey Simpkins episode.
I can only imagine how much they left out to get it down to 8 episodes. They didn't even say Craig Hodges name even though he was paramount to their first 2 championships. Probably had to do with his activism and trying to get Jordan to do more for his community.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Watching this Doc is giving me PTSD of Kawhi leaving Toronto.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
EWzm2W_X0AE0Dqv

Mike really did put up some insane numbers under Doug Collins.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There is no doubt that Jordan is the GOAT. I don't even understand how people can claim that Lebron would have done better in that era.

I remember Lebron in his first season, he was clearly good but he was clearly not as dominant from the get go like Jordan was.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The two main differences between the Pistons not walking off and the Celtics doing it - one the Celtics were on the road trying to get away from a hostile crowd while the Pistons were in front of their own fans. Two, it's bullshit to use them as precedent anyway when the Bulls themselves stuck around to shake hands with the Pistons the 'three' straight years they lost to them before.

Reactions: PM and b1e9a8r5s

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Not sure about the Celtics but the Pistons also started walking off before the final whistle.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
There is no doubt that Jordan is the GOAT. I don't even understand how people can claim that Lebron would have done better in that era.

I remember Lebron in his first season, he was clearly good but he was clearly not as dominant from the get go like Jordan was.

I like Lebron but he is not in Jordan’s class.

This Last Dance documentary is showing the youngsters what growing up in the Jordan era was all about. The Bulls were on top but the Pistons, Knicks were big time rivalries.

Bulls/Knicks, if you didn’t bleed the f*** out you did not play basketball the right way during that era. Them playing on Saturday on NBC at MSG or Chicago Stadium was one of my fondest memories as a kid.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Sir Charles was just an animal. Glad alot of the youngsters are watching this documentary.

Draymond needs to go to a mental institution if he thinks he can even hold the same jock strap as Sir Charles.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I was looking forward to this documentary but after a couple of episodes it’s pretty meh.

There is nothing new and insecure petty Jordan controls the show to fit his narrative

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

This Last Dance documentary is showing the youngsters what growing up in the Jordan era was all about. The Bulls were on top but the Pistons, Knicks were big time rivalries.

Bulls/Knicks, if you didn’t bleed the f*** out you did not play basketball the right way during that era. Them playing on Saturday on NBC at MSG or Chicago Stadium was one of my fondest memories as a kid.
Omg stop it with this narrative bs

the game wasn’t more physical than it is now

They called soft fouls, hand checking and they also flopped including those Pistons and Mike

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and old heads can’t let go and pretend they know better than “the youngsters”

it’s really sad

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

They called soft fouls, hand checking and they also flopped including those Pistons and Mike

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug and old heads can’t let go and pretend they know better than “the youngsters”

it’s really sad

Don’t like it, don’t watch it.
Better yet, here’s my solution...go away.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

it’s really sad
This just isn't true. The game absolutely was incredibly more physical then than now, it's not even a question.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This just isn't true. The game absolutely was incredibly more physical then than now, it's not even a question.

Especially since it was a halfcourt game played in the paint then, where there was less room. Now everyone's shooting threes and playing laterally using the whole court.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Well, defenses were simpler to read and easier to beat due to the illegal defense rule preventing any defender sagging off his man to block a driving lane like they can today. It was easier to draw fouls at the rim too. And a man that size isn't going to be bothered by physical defense. Lebron would have absolutely torched 90s defenses. Maybe he wasn't as impressive as rookie Jordan because he was 18 his rookie season and Jordan was 21? The documentary really emphasizes how much Jordan improved at UNC; I doubt he would have dominated the NBA at 18 either.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Even worse in the 70’s before the Kermit Washington punch on Rudy Tomjonovich. Fights, enforcers and bench clearings were pretty common. Even more so in the ABA.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

it’s really sad
You obviously didn't watch Basketball back then or were even born. Nice try though Mr. Woke. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad