NBA Chicago Bulls discussion thread.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Discussion thread of Chicago Bulls.
I decided to made this because there wasn't own thread for Bulls in basketball section.

Bulls active NBA roster season 2018-2019.
PG Dunn / Payne / Arcidiacono / Blakeney / Alkins
SG Lavine / Holiday / Valentine / Cleveland / Walton jr
SF Parker / Valentine / Hutchison
PF Markkanen / Portis
C Lopez / Carter jr / Felicio / Asik

Last edited:

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
If all goes right, could be a 7th or 8th seed in the East

There are a lot of good pieces on this team. Really like Carter Jr. and Markkanen, and like Dunn and Portis
Big question is whether Lavine and Parker can stay healthy and if they're willing to be better defensively

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If all goes right, could be a 7th or 8th seed in the East

There are a lot of good pieces on this team. Really like Carter Jr. and Markkanen, and like Dunn and Portis
Big question is whether Lavine and Parker can stay healthy and if they're willing to be better defensively

Yeah Lavine and Parker are big questions.
But as a Finn my attention is on Markkanen and i wanna see can he take next step and be better than last season.

Lauri is spend almost whole summer in the gym and if you have seen some pictures about him you can see Lauri is gained more muscle and he looks bigger but nobody can't know how that will affect Lauri's shooting game.

As a Bulls fan i expect Bulls being at least competing playoff spot and if they make playoffs that's great.
It's better take 1st round playoff exit than be without playoffs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like the Parker move in general, kid's still got talent and that contract protects them, but I hate that move for Lauri's development. Parker is best at the 4, and playing the 5 next to a no defense 4 like that could be rough for Markkanen. Hopefully Parker at the 3 works well enough for them to be able to keep caveman or WCJ next to the big Finn for most of his minutes.

Plus I get trying to take some scoring pressure off Lauri while he's still developing, but Lavine & Parker chucking away could swing things too far in the other direction where Markkanen isn't getting enough shots to take the next step.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I like the Parker move in general, kid's still got talent and that contract protects them, but I hate that move for Lauri's development. Parker is best at the 4, and playing the 5 next to a no defense 4 like that could be rough for Markkanen. Hopefully Parker at the 3 works well enough for them to be able to keep caveman or WCJ next to the big Finn for most of his minutes.

Plus I get trying to take some scoring pressure off Lauri while he's still developing, but Lavine & Parker chucking away could swing things too far in the other direction where Markkanen isn't getting enough shots to take the next step.

Hoiberg's job as a Bulls head coach is to ensure that the team plays well together.
And no-one isn't playing his own game or try to be a hero at the expense of the team
But If he seems incompetent and unable to do his own job then Fred Hoiberg isn't right man to coach Chicago Bulls.

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Hoiberg's job as a Bulls head coach is to ensure that the team plays well together.
And no-one isn't playing his own game or try to be a hero at the expense of the team
But If he seems incompetent and unable to do his own job then Fred Hoiberg isn't right man to coach Chicago Bulls.

It won't be easy road for Hoiberg. LaVine & Parker are both known about their inabilities to play any kind of team basketball.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
It won't be easy road for Hoiberg. LaVine & Parker are both known about their inabilities to play any kind of team basketball.

That's why i said if / when Hoiberg seems incompetent and he can't get Lavine and Parker play team basketball then he's wrong guy to coach Bulls.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
This a playoff team.

Most of the pundits on this forum have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to the NBA.

The Finnisher I can see becoming a 20/10 guy this year. His development is crucial to this teams success.

The Parker/Lavine no defense label isn't that big a deal because nobody plays defense in the east.

It's all about the development of LM and my guy Carter Jr.

Reactions: HFBCommenter
Sep 19, 2008
This a playoff team.

Most of the pundits on this forum have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to the NBA.

The Finnisher I can see becoming a 20/10 guy this year. His development is crucial to this teams success.

The Parker/Lavine no defense label isn't that big a deal because nobody plays defense in the east.

It's all about the development of LM and my guy Carter Jr.

I agree

SUOMI

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bulls looked pretty good last night.

Their depth is low key great. I for one have no issue with Parker and LaVine.

Expect a great year out of Dunn

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I think they can grab a 6-8 playoff spot. Lauri is out for a short time which can give Carter Jr. some valuable play time. The offense looked fast paced and looks like they'll at least be exciting to watch

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Did anyone watch 76ers vs Bulls game last night.
Would be great to get some information what Wendell Carter jr did look in his 1st NBA game.

Zach '' Ballhog'' LaVine Bulls top scorer scoring 30 points.
Lets wait and see how much LaVine scores then when Markkanen comes back.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Lavine has to be a ball hog because there was no other offense besides him and portis. Once they were locked down, there was no one stepping up.

Also get rid of Hoiberg already. He’s horrible. They’re not good enough offensively to make up for his bad defensive system

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Lavine has to be a ball hog because there was no other offense besides him and portis. Once they were locked down, there was no one stepping up.

Also get rid of Hoiberg already. He’s horrible. They’re not good enough offensively to make up for his bad defensive system

If Bulls decides fire Hoiberg then it should mean GarPax gets fired also.
There aint no reason what makes sense why GarPax is still employed by their duties.

Maybe i'm delusional but i seriously believe GarPax are blackmailing Reinsdorff some way.
Because otherwise those two idiots would have been fired years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: pdogfizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad