NBA Chicago Bulls discussion thread.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just further to Pippen's salary too, when he signed the deal it wasn't that bad of a contract per se, he just signed for way too much term, but that was his own insistence, Reinsdorf (the owner) was even warning him against that.

But when he signed the deal it made him the 16th highest paid player in the NBA which wasn't bad for a guy who had never made the All-Star team when he signed the deal.

Even though Jordan got a massive pay day for 96-97 and 97-98 seasons (well deserved), Jordan was like the NBA's highest paid player only 2/15 seasons in the league I believe ... he may well have a case for being the most underpaid superstar in any modern pro sport relative to what he did for league revenues.

I can't really side with Scottie, it would be like Patrick Kane if half way through his original $6 million/per contract started getting upset that he was paid less than a bunch of other players and knowing full well he needed surgery and had the time to do it in the summer but chose to purposefully delay surgery until the season started to punish the team as they were trying to repeat as champions.

Like who would be cool with that? Pippen was a great player but he was also very immature at times (don't get me started on what happened with Kukoc and the 94 playoffs).

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You watched episode 8? How?

And yeah as great as LeBron is there really is no argument for him over Jordan
You can find it on the internet. I was pretty shocked. Episodes 9 & 10 are in production right now.

Part 3 is about Rodman
Part 4 is about Phil Jackson and the first championship
Part 5 is about Air Jordan's and the Olympics
Part 6 is about gambling
Part 7 is about his dad dying and his retirement/Baseball
Part 8 is about "I'm Back"

On why Michael Jordan was so hard on his team, "My teammates came after me. They didn't have to endure what I did"

If anything this documentary shows how Lebron took the easy way out and Jordan fought his way to greatness. There is absolutely no comparison.

Last edited:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Jordan made mince meat out of bigger defenders like both the Wilkins brothers, Drexler, Cooper, Mason, and even Rodman.

You act like it never dawned on anyone to play a bigger player against Jordan -- teams tried it (Gerald Wilkins even dubbed himself the "Jordan stopper" lol) ... it didn't work. If anything I think Jordan had an easier time against bigger or similar sized players because they could not stay in front of him speed wise.

Jordan was still dropping 23 ppg at age 38/39 with shot knees in the Kobe/Carter/T-Mac/Iverson era.

He'd score the same 32+ ppg (prime) in the modern game. You can't guard someone when you can't stay in front of them, and Jordan just had freakish first step, he was like a Iverson tier first step in his prime combined with a 6'6 frame and out of the world athleticism.
Dominique Wilkins didn't guard Jordan
Gerald Wilkins, like John Starks was enver a great defender; they both got lit up by pretty muh everty decent SG
Drexler was never a good defender
Rodman guarded Jordan on occasion, most of the time it was smaller non athletic Joe Dumars who guarded him

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Dominique Wilkins didn't guard Jordan
Gerald Wilkins, like John Starks was enver a great defender; they both got lit up by pretty muh everty decent SG
Drexler was never a good defender
Rodman guarded Jordan on occasion, most of the time it was smaller non athletic Joe Dumars who guarded him
And?

Joe "4 x first team all defensive player" Dumars?
Jordan was double and triple teamed regularly. Jordan won defensive player of the year, 9 x all - defensive first team, and steals leader for 3 seasons. You don't get that for guarding Spud Webb.

No one in the league could guard Jordan.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The thing the doc brings me back to is how this dark cloud was over the final season. There were rumblings about Phil leaving prior and stuff going on, but the media really hit us over the head with it's ending that season. It made it challenging to enjoy it especially when everyone knew there was more they could have done.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The thing the doc brings me back to is how this dark cloud was over the final season. There were rumblings about Phil leaving prior and stuff going on, but the media really hit us over the head with it's ending that season. It made it challenging to enjoy it especially when everyone knew there was more they could have done.
I loved Jordan and my heart broke when I was watching the Jays game where they announced he was going to retire. Just the amount of respect other superstars gave him at the time showed how much he was respected and feared. What they went through to get past Detrot, New York, and to a lesser extent Miami proves how much toughness you needed back in the Day. LeBron was never that guy. Stats wise, sure, there could be an argument made, but Jordan was climbing mountains while LeBron rides roller coasters.

LeBron is going to do the same thing seeing Kobe did it too during his last season.

Last edited:

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I loved Jordan and my heart broke when I was watching the Jays game where they announced he was going to retire. Just the amount of respect other superstars gave him at the time showed how much he was respected and feared. What they went through to get past Detrot, New York, and to a lesser extent Miami proves how much toughness you needed back in the Day. LeBron was never that guy. Stats wise, sure, there could be an argument made, but Jordan was climbing mountains while LeBron rides roller coasters.

LeBron is going to do the same thing seeing Kobe did it too during his last season.

What same thing LeBron and Kobe do?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Jordan was just a flat out asshole. But, much like Kobe, that aspect helped make him into the great player he was.

He would also be viewed a bit differently had social media been more widespread during his playing days.

Reactions: BSHH

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I hope we get a good deal of what went on with Kukoc at some point, Scottie and Jordan were absolutely cruel to the guy for no other reason than he was Krause's new guy.
He was touted as the Euro version of Magic. When he was drafted just before the Olympics and was still young. Jordan and Pippen thought that Europeans were soft and in the first game VS Croatia made him look like a child. In the Gold Medal game his play impressed them that he didn't back down.
At he time Kukoc really wanted to play with Jordan and when he finally came to the NBA, Jordan retires.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Who was Jordan calling a 'Cheesehead' at the end?

Edit: Former Bulls Strength and Conditioning coach Erik Helland, a Wisconsin native.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2 things they didn’t really make clear, that was the 2nd year the Bulls beat the Cavs, surprised they didn’t mention that since it was the first series they won. But they also played the Pistons that year too. When the Bulls won, that was the 4th year in a row they met in the playoffs.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
2 things they didn’t really make clear, that was the 2nd year the Bulls beat the Cavs, surprised they didn’t mention that since it was the first series they won. But they also played the Pistons that year too. When the Bulls won, that was the 4th year in a row they met in the playoffs.

They also neglected to mention the entire reason why Detroit walked off the court in game 4 of the ECF was due to Jordan and Bulls trashing their entire champion run prior to that game. For the guy who is arguably the GOAT in many fans minds and won six titles he is still pretty damn bitter to this day. No one else seems to remember the Celtics doing the same to the Pistons in '88. Probably because the Pistons never made an issue out of it like Chicago did.

I also laughed pretty hard at Jordan still declaring Isiah an asshole. This is the same guy who invited his high school coach to his HOF induction for one reason only. Just to publicly trash him.

If anything Isiah and Jordan are two peas in a pod.

Reactions: BSHH

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
They also neglected to mention the entire reason why Detroit walked off the court in game 4 of the ECF was due to Jordan and Bulls trashing their entire champion run prior to that game. For the guy who is arguably the GOAT in many fans minds and won six titles he is still pretty damn bitter to this day. No one else seems to remember the Celtics doing the same to the Pistons in '88. Probably because the Pistons never made an issue out of it like Chicago did.

I also laughed pretty hard at Jordan still declaring Isiah an asshole. This is the same guy who invited his high school coach to his HOF induction for one reason only. Just to publicly trash him.

If anything Isiah and Jordan are two peas in a pod.

Players on the team didn't want him either.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
And?

Joe "4 x first team all defensive player" Dumars?
Jordan was double and triple teamed regularly. Jordan won defensive player of the year, 9 x all - defensive first team, and steals leader for 3 seasons. You don't get that for guarding Spud Webb.

No one in the league could guard Jordan.
Of course no one could guard him he was guarded by smaller/stiffer/leas athletic guards because let’s face the SG pisition league wide was utter shit, and the refs protecting him made him unguardable. Jordan is the most ref protected player in the history of any sport and it’s not even close

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad