NBA Chicago Bulls discussion thread.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
You obviously didn't watch Basketball back then or were even born. Nice try though Mr. Woke. lol

ah the classic and lazy “you didn’t watch back then” argument ,like clockwork....

Actually I did watch ot back then that’s why I had to bring ot up
People look at video compilations pf hard fouls and assume it was always like that

it wasn’t

NBA is better today, players are better

nobody says the 60s were better than the 90s

Reactions: Deficient Mode

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
ah the classic and lazy “you didn’t watch back then” argument ,like clockwork....

Actually I did watch ot back then that’s why I had to bring ot up
People look at video compilations pf hard fouls and assume it was always like that

it wasn’t

NBA is better today, players are better

nobody says the 60s were better than the 90s
The talent gap might be smaller and players can absolutely shoot better and in all likelihood, are more skilled players than back then. It happens in every sport.

It doesn't mean you aren't still 100% wrong. The NBA was way more physical in the 80's/90's due to the style of game played versus today's game. It's not even something that can be argued.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Gary Payton obviously played him well and of course he dismisses that as bullshit. Basically says the only reason he didn’t play well for two games is he was thinking about Father’s Day

LOL

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
With LeBron and MJ, the biggest separator between them was MJs mentality. He wanted to win at all cost, and not just win, but to step on your f’ng throat, and make sure you knew who was stepping on your throat. Obviously LBJ is a competitor to a high degree, but I think if he had MJs mentality, he would have been even better than what he has been, which is still a top five all time player. I think the league being too nice now will always prevent someone from overtaking Michael as the best ever.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Completely blanked on the Sonics being in the '96 Finals. Highlights of episodes 7/8 for me:

- Space Jam scrimmage (unfortunately according to Bill Simmons, that's basically all the footage that was available)
- Probably was already covered in the "Jordan Rides the Bus" doc, but I think they forgot to mention that MJ played in the Arizona Fall League in 1994 and did okay against better competition.
- Scott Burrell: Nice Guy
- Way to go, Craig.
- Jordan crying after the '96 Finals hit me different now than it did at the time.
- Jordan making up a reason to dominate some Washington Bullets rookie who had a good game against the Bulls.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Gary Payton obviously played him well and of course he dismisses that as bullshit. Basically says the only reason he didn’t play well for two games is he was thinking about Father’s Day

LOL
Payton made a difference in game 4, sure. But game 5, Michael shot 11-22 and scored 26 points and only had 2 turnovers, compared to his 4 turnovers in game 4.

Then game 6, Jordan had 22/9/7 and got to the free throw line 12 times.

I love Gary Payton, but his "effect" on Michael Jordan after game 3 is overstated.

Last edited:
Reactions: clydesdale line

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

LOL
You come up as a poor excuse of a troll in this thread to be honest.

Just trying to be controversial. Michael Jordan never said or intended anything of what you imply in the documentary.

You just seem like a pure "hater". No mater what Jordan say or do you will dismiss anyway.

Funniest thing is that you still watched all of it even though you even said yourself you did not like the documentary.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
With LeBron and MJ, the biggest separator between them was MJs mentality. He wanted to win at all cost, and not just win, but to step on your f’ng throat, and make sure you knew who was stepping on your throat. Obviously LBJ is a competitor to a high degree, but I think if he had MJs mentality, he would have been even better than what he has been, which is still a top five all time player. I think the league being too nice now will always prevent someone from overtaking Michael as the best ever.

That's really why it is Kobe, not LeBron, who will be compared with Jordan. That type of attitude helped make him who he was. But the fact Jordan still can' t let go of things is rather pathetic.

Clearly he doesn't care now about his image but back then he was nothing short of PRISTINE. Odds are he couldn't pull that off in this day and age.

Krause and(to a lesser degree) Reinsdorf are definitely the two villains in this entire piece. Some of it certainly in good reason. Probably the more surprising aspect to some is that Jordan isn't much better.

Reactions: Power Man

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
First 4 eps were great but 5-8 has been meh.

Bad Boys Pistons, Krause drama and Rodman stories best part or the documentary.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's really why it is Kobe, not LeBron, who will be compared with Jordan. That type of attitude helped make him who he was. But the fact Jordan still can' t let go of things is rather pathetic.

Clearly he doesn't care now about his image but back then he was nothing short of PRISTINE. Odds are he couldn't pull that off in this day and age.

Krause and(to a lesser degree) Reinsdorf are definitely the two villains in this entire piece. Some of it certainly in good reason. Probably the more surprising aspect to some is that Jordan isn't much better.

Well, tbh, it is a pro-Michael puff piece.

And even then, to me, it makes him look kinda bad. I would like to see more Pippen and less Jordan. But hey, Michael produced it so...

Reactions: Power Man

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Will be interested in seeing how they look at this Pacers series, looks like they’re going to spend time on it. I was a big Reggie Miller fan way back when and was gutted when they lost Game 7.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty much my only complaint of the series was last night, specifically the 9th episode where they spent more time on the ‘97 Finals with the Jazz than the Pacer series and kinda short shrifted it. Not that the content wasn’t great and I understand why they couldn’t cram the first Jazz series into the last episode but I figured we’d get a little more than 15-20 minutes on the Pacer series.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
You come up as a poor excuse of a troll in this thread to be honest.

Just trying to be controversial. Michael Jordan never said or intended anything of what you imply in the documentary.

You just seem like a pure "hater". No mater what Jordan say or do you will dismiss anyway.

Funniest thing is that you still watched all of it even though you even said yourself you did not like the documentary.

no I’m not trolling

I’m not nostalgic that’s the difference

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much my only complaint of the series was last night, specifically the 9th episode where they spent more time on the ‘97 Finals with the Jazz than the Pacer series and kinda short shrifted it. Not that the content wasn’t great and I understand why they couldn’t cram the first Jazz series into the last episode but I figured we’d get a little more than 15-20 minutes on the Pacer series.
Kind of weird how they just skipped through Games 5 and 6 of the Pacers series. Game 5 wasn't close, but Game 6 was close the whole way. Jordan had a chance to tie in the final moments but slipped. I guess that wasn't as much fun to highlight because it was a lot of free throws at the end.

Also skipped over when Scottie told Karl Malone that the mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays right before he missed 2 free throws, that was maybe the most memorable moment of that 97 series

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Also skipped over when Scottie told Karl Malone that the mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays right before he missed 2 free throws, that was maybe the most memorable moment of that 97 series

Yeah that was one of the few things I actually remembered from that time, I guess MJ was being kind to Malone not putting that in the doc cause they're buddies and he came on the bus after Game 6 to congratulate them.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Krause speaking from beyond the grave (specifically an excerpt from his unpublished autobiography) gives his own defense of the team breaking up, it's actually worth reading and better than Reinsdorf's clip last night tbh:

Krause explains why Bulls’ dynasty unraveled, in his words
From this article, it shows that everyone would've left to get paid and MJ would've missed the next year due to a cut on his finger. He probably made the only available decision to nuke the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad