NBA Chicago Bulls discussion thread.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Great series. I, too, wish they would have spent a lot more time on the Indiana series. Outside of the Detroit Pistons, I felt like the Pacers gave Chicago their biggest test and that includes any NBA Finals series.

I really do wish Reggie Miller had won at least one NBA Championship during his career.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
And Jordan could never win wothout the team Krause decently built around ghim
That is a three year sample size.

Krause could duct tape any crap around Jordan Pippen and a good PF and win. Look at Krause's draft record after the Pippen Grant draft and he he only hit on Kukoc and this is with the luxury of the majority of players spending at least 3 years in college most of that span.

Yet he had the gaul to say this about himself.
Krause, who has spent virtually his entire working life assessing baseball and/or basketball talent, feels he has a gift. Instinct, he calls it, the ability to identify and evaluate skilled athletic movement. "It's God-given," he says.
"I remember actions, how a guy walks or runs or throws or shoots. If those actions change, I see it. If a hitter is going bad, I see it in two or three swings. If somebody has the goods, I see it right away, basketball or baseball. Swinging a bat and shooting a ball are exactly the same—wrists, hand-eye coordination, recognition of the pitch, how to get the shot off."

The eye that got him Brad Sellers, Will Purdue, Stacey King...

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Horace Grant says Michael Jordan lied in 'Last Dance,' calls him 'snitch'

Former Chicago Bulls forward Horace Grant has fired back at claims Michael Jordan made about him during "The Last Dance" documentary series on ESPN.
In a radio interview with Kap and Co. on ESPN 1000 in Chicago on Tuesday, Grant said it "is a downright, outright, completely lie" that he leaked much of the information in Sam Smith's famous "The Jordan Rules" book, as Jordan alleged during the documentary/

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
With LeBron and MJ, the biggest separator between them was MJs mentality. He wanted to win at all cost, and not just win, but to step on your f’ng throat, and make sure you knew who was stepping on your throat. Obviously LBJ is a competitor to a high degree, but I think if he had MJs mentality, he would have been even better than what he has been, which is still a top five all time player. I think the league being too nice now will always prevent someone from overtaking Michael as the best ever.
After watching this doc Lebron is going to do everything to mimic Jordan's effort.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
After watching this doc Lebron is going to do everything to mimic Jordan's effort.

Nah. That’s just not in his DNA. LeBron does his best to get his teammates involved, he just doesn’t have that killer instinct that MJ had. It’s not a fault either way, LeBron is still a top 3 player. Like I said earlier, the league is too nice now. Every player is a best friend of a player on another team.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hopefully not.

LBJ can be obnoxious at times, but he seems to be a good person and a good teammate.

Even Kobe looks like a gentle guy next to MJ... and Kobe was hard as hell on teammates.
Kobe openly feuded with Shaq and disrupted the greatest duo in the NBA at the time because of ego...

Jeremy Lin said Kobe came to practice one day in 2015 TDD to say goodbye to the bums that were going to be traded.

Mamba was on MJ level of competitiveness and pettiness.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kobe openly feuded with Shaq and disrupted the greatest duo in the NBA at the time because of ego...

Jeremy Lin said Kobe came to practice one day in 2015 TDD to say goodbye to the bums that were going to be traded.

Mamba was on MJ level of competitiveness and pettiness.
Let's not act like Shaq isn't equally to blame for the dissolution of that pair.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That is a three year sample size.

Krause could duct tape any crap around Jordan Pippen and a good PF and win. Look at Krause's draft record after the Pippen Grant draft and he he only hit on Kukoc and this is with the luxury of the majority of players spending at least 3 years in college most of that span.

Yet he had the gaul to say this about himself.

The eye that got him Brad Sellers, Will Purdue, Stacey King...

He wasn't a genius but getting 2 all-star level players (Kukoc played at an all-star level even if he never made a team) and a top 5 player in the league/all-time great with picks 8, 10, and 29 is insanely good in basketball, and far, far outweighs any misses he made. Plus BJ Armstrong, who was somewhat questionably named an all-star. The expectation for a late 1st - where the Bulls were picking after they added Pippen to the mix - is very low.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I believe it was Krause that brought in Phil Jackson.
Without Jackson the Bulls do not win more than 3 titles maximum

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Boylen will return as Bulls coach

Fans likely to further tune out organization at this point. Citing financial uncertainty of next season as reason to keep him is BS

Bulls are the Midwest version of Knicks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad