Checkers V: Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Jurco had a 5 point night...hell of a game...very brutal and pitifully officiated. Bishop got tripped at full speed and went bottom first into the boards and was down for 5 min, needed help off the ice (no penalty of course). Both the Bears PP goals were awful calls (especially the 5 min where the guy tried to cut a cutesy move and got shoulder to chest laid out), and the 3rd came after 4 uncalled penalties left them wide open in front of Ned. We piled on goals in the 3rd because all Hershey cared about was laying cheap shots, and we just kept pressing. Saarela got cross-checked onto the ice, then 6 times while down (apparently only a 2 min penalty) and Carrick stepped in and beat the snot out of the guy. Like Capitals, like Bears with that goonery. Boys played a hell of a game and stood up for each other and didn't let the cheap shots shake them or kill their focus.

Oh, and Necas is perfecting that OV PP move of scoring one-timers from the left circle. And Gauthier is definitely showing lots of signs of improvement, I can't believe how he roofed in a shot from practically along the red line.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
For most of the season the offense was driven by Poturalski and Kuokkanen. Bean has been a catalyst from the blue line. All three were out of today's game and the team nets 7 goals against a goalie who came in with a .941 save%. Vellucci is some kind of jedi master.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Isn’t that the second Checker to be suspended in like a week?

The hell’s going on with the AHL playoffs?
3rd actually...Sangs got 1 game for a hit to the head (didn't see it so can't comment), at the same time Carrick got 3 games for leaving the bench during the resulting altercation (3 Providence guys simultaneously beating the crap out of Sangs got no supplemental discipline).

The Robertson suspension is absolute BS (really it's more like a 2 game suspension since he missed 45 min of that game too)...it's essentially the same thing that happened to Aho last year vs Giordano, guy tried to pull a cute move cutting across the center, Robertson was there ready for a hit and I thought got shoulder to chest (which may have rolled up into the head because of the position the guy put himself in). It happened very quickly so I'd need to see it again in more slow-mo replay, but if Giordano got 0 min, Robertson should have had 0 min.

Not sure what Lewington on Hershey got suspended for since he had no penalties called in the game. Only thing I can think of is if he was the one who tripped Bishop into the boards that took him out of the game (which didn't even get a 2 min penalty)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad