Checkers V: Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Snuck a few peeks at the Checkers during NHL intermissions and commercials. Charlotte continues to play like they did to start the season--some combination of skilled, hungry, and disciplined.
In the little I saw last night Lorentz was noticeable--he made one incredible pass and a couple strong back checks.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Will there be girls at this party? :heart:

There are never girls at the party.

BTW, pulling for Hershey tonight at Bridgeport so the Checkers will come through Hershey next round.

As for the wins marking on the boards, I think it's bad mojo. It's bold and IMO, shows overconfidence. I know I'd be extra motivated to paste a team that had x's on the boards for each of the 15 wins required to win the title. I could see Tampa Bay doing this and not having any x's. It's strictly minor league, to me.

Reactions: Unsustainable

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Watched the first period of the Checkers this morning.
Maybe I should cross post this on the team building thread: Saarela can score, his goal last night would definitely translate to the NHL. He is going to be the organization's version of Andreas Johansson. After a couple of good AHL years, he will be able to score in NHL.
I have mentioned before I was extremely skeptical of Gauthier. He has won me over the past month. The highest praise I can give him is that he often looks like a right-shot version of Svechnikov. When he has the puck on the wing he gets to the net and defensemen just can't stop him.
Geekie will eventually need a tryout as well. Solid with the ability to get on the scoresheet.
I know many here want trades and turnover. However, tell me who was on the ice last night other than Brown that you are willing to let go: maybe McKegg? McGinn?
Necas will be on the team next season. One of Saarela/Gauthier/Luostarinen/Kuokkanen needs a long look.
The development within the organization is better than ever. With Aho and Svechnikov this team can duplicate in the 2020s what the Red Wings did for a quarter century.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Serious question.

Are you a wizard?

upload_2019-5-4_20-18-14.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events