Checkers V: Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What did they do? I saw Renouf had a fight early.

That’s really rough. Going to take one hell of an effort to overcome.

Per the news:

Charlotte Checkers defenseman Trevor Carrick has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of his actions in a playoff game at Providence on Apr. 21.
Carrick was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline) for leaving the players’ bench on a legal line change for the purpose of joining an altercation. He will miss Charlotte’s next three games, beginning with Game 3 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals, Wednesday (Apr. 24) vs. Providence.

Charlotte Checkers defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a playoff game at Providence on Apr. 21.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
What did they do? I saw Renouf had a fight early.

That’s really rough. Going to take one hell of an effort to overcome.

Sangs for a high hit, and Carrick for leaving the bench during a scuffle.

The Checkers even put "leaving the bench during a legal line change" within their press release, so not sure if there's some controversy there.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Isn't the penalty if you come directly off the bench to join in/start an altercation, even if it's a legal line change? Not sure if that's a controversy. I'd imagine it's a game misconduct if you leave the bench illegally to join/start one.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Per the news:

Charlotte Checkers defenseman Trevor Carrick has been suspended for three (3) games as a consequence of his actions in a playoff game at Providence on Apr. 21.
Carrick was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline) for leaving the players’ bench on a legal line change for the purpose of joining an altercation. He will miss Charlotte’s next three games, beginning with Game 3 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals, Wednesday (Apr. 24) vs. Providence.

Charlotte Checkers defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an illegal check to the head of an opponent in a playoff game at Providence on Apr. 21.

Wow.

Bobby Sanguinetti is still playing professional hockey in North America.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Isn't the penalty if you come directly off the bench to join in/start an altercation, even if it's a legal line change? Not sure if that's a controversy. I'd imagine it's a game misconduct if you leave the bench illegally to join/start one.

It may not be a controversial penalty, but three games seems like it. I of course didn’t see it. Wonder if there’s precedent for suspension length for that type of thing.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It may not be a controversial penalty, but three games seems like it. I of course didn’t see it. Wonder if there’s precedent for suspension length for that type of thing.

Ahhh... hadn't even looked at the 3 games for that, yikes. Gotta have some priors that contributed?

Wow.

Bobby Sanguinetti is still playing professional hockey in North America.

Hahahaha. I saw a B Sangs jersey the other night and thought "damn, wonder what that guy is up to these days".

Reactions: Unsustainable

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Don't forget, I believe they're also still short McKeown (out for a while due to injury), so down 3 guys. Are Bean and Fleury at least back down there now? Otherwise we're an ECHL defense.

Also, I haven't seen the Sangs hit, so can't comment on that, and Carrick left the bench so there's not really any controversy there. HOWEVER, I have seen a video of the altercation (not leading up to it) and there were literally 3 Bruins mugging/gangbanging Sangs, punching him from in front and behind (and wrestled by a 3rd), and they got no suspensions for that?

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Watched the first period and bits of 2nd and 3rd. As thrilling as it is to be a Canes fan today, the future still holds more. I am stoked at the improvement for Gauthier and Necas since the beginning of the season. I am feeling confident both will be in Raleigh--Necas to start 19-20 and Gauthier either later in the season of for 20-21. I say this as one of Gauthier's biggest doubters at the start of the season.
Geekie has shown all season that he has talent. Bean is impressive ON defense. Finally, I think Saarela must have taken his one NHL game to heart because he threw more checks and engaged in more puck battles last night than in any three games.
The Canes organization might replicate some of what Tampa was able to do--only two of the Lightning's forwards are from outside the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad