Checkers V: Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Necas is ready for the big show. Pretty raw kid but amazing hockey talent.
I know a lot of fans wanted him back up in Raleigh. However, it is apparent that Vellucci has done wonders for his consistency and confidence. Necas engages better and more often in board battles than he did early in the season. When he carries the puck up ice he is not merely using his speed to cross the blue line, he is using it to allow his teammates to find open ice to create dangerous chances. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, his shot has become a weapon on the power play.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I guess I’ve never really paid that close of attention to the ahl playoffs - have they always been this weird?

5 game series against Providence in the first round. First two games are in Providence and the final 3 would be in Charlotte if they’re all needed.

Seems rather ****ed that the best team in the league has to start on the road. If they sweep them only one of those games is at home.
I THINK the home team is given a choice of 2H-2A-1H or 2A-3H...basically they can start at home for an early advantage or guarantee the series will end at home.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He’s likely going to get offers for nhl gigs this summer.

Maybe. Right now, the only "official" head coach openings are LAK (who it's been reported McClellan is all but a done deal) and Buffalo, who are said to want a guy with NHL experience. I think Fenton said Boudreau will be back so who else might be out of a job? Maurice? Probably not if WPG goes deep. Hitchcock? Seems odd since he's only been there a short time.

It might be a case where Vellucci prefers a AGM and player development role. If Waddell is truly moving out of the GM role after this year, maybe Vellucci steps in there?

He seems like a guy that teams would have interest in though. He's pretty much made the playoffs for every team he's coached and has player development and management experience on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->