North Carolina
94DB430A-AFF4-4C28-878E-71751490751D.jpeg
A6E8F1B4-E142-4D87-9D55-CC8A8737F704.jpeg
A00BC934-7D74-4CAA-84F3-D7CA31ED9969.jpeg

Pics from my tickets

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
So I realize it's only a couple of games so it will likely balance out. For the 2 games he has played, has Ned really struggled that badly? Or has the team laid an egg in front of him? Or has he faced superior competition?

Reactions: Unsustainable

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So I realize it's only a couple of games so it will likely balance out. For the 2 games he has played, has Ned really struggled that badly? Or has the team laid an egg in front of him? Or has he faced superior competition?
The game Friday, if I remember right, 1 goal he was totally hung out to dry and had no chance, 1 was saveable but a tough shot (he'd probably like it back), the other goal was on him being out of position. He made a few good saves and stopped most of the shots you would expect from most goalies, he mishandled the puck a couple times that he had to scramble back for, but he wasn't really challenged with making any game-breaking saves. The team as a whole was bad and incredibly sloppy and disjointed the last 40 min (don't let the shot totals fool you, they were mostly low-quality chances by us). He didn't cost the team, or save them really, he wasn't bad, nor did he look particularly good.

He reminds me a LOT of Mrazek in his aggressive style of play, but with a bit more vulnerability due to his size. When he's on, he'll pull off some incredibly athletic saves that can drop your jaw. When he's not, like Mrazek, he can make some solid saves and let in some kinda-stinkers that he might want another chance at...not necessarily bad goals but not robbing players with amazing saves either that put a goalie above-average.

Forsberg on Sunday though really saved our @$$es a few times with point-blank saves...and had a couple lucky breaks (defensive breakdown leading to an open net shot that rolled off the stick before they could get the shot off).

I think Ned has been a traditionally "slow" starter though, as I remember last year it wasn't until the team was really rolling that his SV% rose above .900

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Only seen the first game—mostly the team playing poorly in front of him. In fact, I was a little concerned that the Checkers reminded me more of the prospect team from Nashville than the 18-19 champs. However, Forsberg has fared better, so it is likely a little on Ned as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad