Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
If you have a love in your life, it isn’t real until they look at you the way Bill looks at Charlie

DXIL9_SVoAA8Z_T.jpg

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
No thanks. Leafs can f*** off any time. Charlie's a Bruin and it's staying that way.

They can have Kampfer though. He's good, eh?

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
What on earth could be good about that?
I dont define "good" as trade away your best young defenseman who the whole defenseive crops will be built around once Chara retires PLUS a very talented young winger for a winger that is a 2nd liner in our system and wants to be paid 2 million more than any of the first liners and some unknown (to me) prospects as good

I'm still trying to figure out how that will help the Bruins. Top pair D + 2nd/3rd Wing for 2nd Wing and prospects? Maybe on a team that doesn't have Pasta and Marchand that flies but this causes more problems than it solves, plus Donato quite possible can fill the scoring winger role of Nylander ...for free

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
I dont define "good" as trade away your best young defenseman who the whole defenseive crops will be built around once Chara retires PLUS a very talented young winger for a winger that is a 2nd liner in our system and wants to be paid 2 million more than any of the first liners and some unknown (to me) prospects as good

I'm still trying to figure out how that will help the Bruins. Top pair D + 2nd/3rd Wing for 2nd Wing and prospects? Maybe on a team that doesn't have Pasta and Marchand that flies but this causes more problems than it solves, plus Donato quite possible can fill the scoring winger role of Nylander ...for free
sorry when i said Good i should have put quotation marks i was being sarcastic

Reactions: Chief Nine

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I agree with this, I'd do this yesterday.

I would not. Matthews is a hell of a talent with bum shoulders. Charlie is a potential franchise D-man. Which one of the two things (creative elite offensive player, elite # 1 dman) is easier to come by? Leaving injury aside- Charlie has had his share too- would you be willing to pay Matthews 12 mil + which is where he is headed right now? Cripes, we have Pasta for half what Matthews is going to get in his next deal.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I would not. Matthews is a hell of a talent with bum shoulders. Charlie is a potential franchise D-man. Which one of the two things (creative elite offensive player, elite # 1 dman) is easier to come by? Leaving injury aside- Charlie has had his share too- would you be willing to pay Matthews 12 mil + which is where he is headed right now? Cripes, we have Pasta for half what Matthews is going to get in his next deal.[/QUOTE
Yes I do agree I worry about those shoulder. That hit he took from jacob truck trouba Mack edition does concern me. I would do a full medical to see any future concerns if I were to trade charlie.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I would not. Matthews is a hell of a talent with bum shoulders. Charlie is a potential franchise D-man. Which one of the two things (creative elite offensive player, elite # 1 dman) is easier to come by? Leaving injury aside- Charlie has had his share too- would you be willing to pay Matthews 12 mil + which is where he is headed right now? Cripes, we have Pasta for half what Matthews is going to get in his next deal.

I'm not going to bring up injuries as a pro/con for either, because they've both had their fair share.

I don't want to take anything away from McAvoy, I think he could be the next Drew Doughty..but I think Matthews is a shade under McDavid talent wise. Thats just my opinion though, and I could certainly see why you wouldnt make the trade.

Reactions: Dr Hook

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
McAvoy is starting to concern me. Lots of potential off the bat, hasn’t proven anything yet and can’t stay in the lineup. Not good.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
McAvoy is starting to concern me. Lots of potential off the bat, hasn’t proven anything yet and can’t stay in the lineup. Not good.

Hasn't proven anything yet? How about being a staple on the top pair from your first minute of NHL action in the playoffs, putting up near 40 points in his following rookie season while the Bruins have the 3rd lowest goals against in the league.

McAvoy is what he is, a top pairing defender and will be for his whole career unless he's derailed by injuries.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The only reason McAvoy hasn’t “leapt out” the way some other guys have is because he’s a D-man.

He’s been asked to be a top pairing guy since coming into the league and has rarely, if ever, looked bad. He has his occasional defensive mishaps, but those have become few and far between.

The only concern I have right now is his health. Aside from that, the guy is going to be a steady D-man on both sides of the puck for as long as he’s in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad