Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I'm just going to point out that McAvoy just turned 21 in December while Krug turns 28 next month.
During his 20-21 year old season, Krug was in his final year at Michigan and would see 2 NHL games so he could burn the first year of his ELC.
During his 21-22 year old season, Krug saw 1 NHL game in the regular season and 15 playoff games where he scored 4G and 2A.
Prior to his 21-22 season (which will be next year so it doesn't even count whatever he puts up this year), McAvoy has already scored 1G and 7A in 18 playoff games.

To assume McAvoy's 0.5 ppg pace average in the regular season and slightly below that in the playoffs won't improve, is crazy. The average NHL player peaks at age 27 (Bergy and Marcy not being average) so this is probably the best Krug will be. McAvoy is still 6 years away from his peak season!

Will he be a #1 PP QB? Yes. The main problem is that PP1 has been tuned for LD while McAvoy is RD. Additionally, the Bruins load up PP1 so PP2 doesn't have the same high end offensive players on the ice.

My concern if the Bruins trade Krug is not the PP, but that they should get a top 10 pick AND a high end prospect in return for him.

Reactions: TCB

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I'm concerned that he's a dirty player. He was going for a headshot on Panerin last night. Appears to be an opportunist and possibly a spot-picker.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
McAvoy dropping the gloves to me shows his jam and that he is most likely feeling in top form after his concussion. I have zero problem with it. He seems to be having a great second half. Onward Charlie!!!!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Charlie with a beast of a game last night. Bruins better be prepared to be in some financial pain with his next deal, it's going to hurt

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pray that the guy stays healthy the rest of the way . He is approaching the level he was at least year prior to getting hurt in which he was dominating games .
Very good point. He was struggling earlier in the season and even up until a couple/few weeks ago. Seemed like he was overthinking things and making poor decisions. I agree that his play the past couple weeks has resembled more of the Charlie we all were getting giddy about before his health issues last season. Kid has absolutely been bringing it as of late, and that is a glorious thing.

Reactions: wintersej

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Playing "hard" isn't launching your shoulder into a guy and impending on his angle 60 feet behind the play.
I have to agree. I doubt that he would have been as quick to drop his gloves with a bigger, tougher player than Panarin. I'm still surprised at how well Panarin did more than holding his own against a guy outweighing him by 50 lbs. Looks like Panarins boxing lessons paid off.

I'd also like to see Mcavoy play a little cleaner. I'd also like to see him fight within his own weight class next time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad