DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
McAvoy was phenomenal again today

He should be the guy who comes on the ice immediately following a power play

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Gotta be patient with young kids. Not all progression is going to be on a linear, upward trend.

McAvoy's got all the tools, IQ, and moxy to be a number 1 blueliner for a long time in this league. I would not be so quick to trade that for a grass is greener player(s). The kid was just able to legally drink a couple of months ago.
Yeah, I'm not quick to trade him. I just would based on the return if it was right.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I like him when he's on his game. However, he's taken at least two steps back this season. He's also very oft-injured and takes forever to come back from them.

I'd move him in the right deal.

Post this a couple more times, it’s still going to be ridiculous.

I mentioned a while ago that McAvoy is prone to brutal turnovers at times, but not even I’ll go as far as you. Not even close.

Reactions: compan

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I feel like a lot of his turnovers could be avoided by using his skating to bring the puck out of the zone instead of forcing passes into the neutral zone. He is a valuable part of the team's transition game and is a big part of what separates him from other defenders on the team (along with Grizz)

As we see him get healthier and healthier I feel like he will get that swagger back and it'll be a non issue moving forward and he gets his legs back under him.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'd like to see him make better decisions with the puck in the D and neutral zones to cut down the turnovers, but really thats the only gripe about his game right now.

Seems like he's turned that corner from the injury and is getting back to playing instead of thinking

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
mack truck. great hit on nieto. kid is a stud. if he stays healthy he will be in the discussion for
the norris trophy in the near future.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
looks like he`s finally feeling 100% and confident out there, kid was in beast mode yesterday, literally the only Bruin who was

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
McAvoy seemingly took a bet on himself setting new personal bests...unfortunately health issues and some development hurdles got in the way. This could actually work out better for the Bruins.

Yeah sounds like he expected to have a great year that he could take into the negotiating room- I don't read anything bad into him not extending last summer. Had he been healthy all season it would probably have been a good call on his part.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
How fast an overall skater is Charlie considered? I know he can scoot sideways and change direction with those dance steps. His skating reminds me of Coffey - not saying he is THAT fast but the way he moves his feet and that effortless glide is similar?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Well that’s doesn’t sound good...

I think it's fine. If I were him, I probably wouldn't do a 6-8 year deal for ~$5m a year. Much better for him to take a 2 year, $8m bridge deal and then cash in big time. Obviously he has to be confident in himself but I believe he absolutely is "the guy" and it's a smart move on his part if he can reach his potential.

People have no qualms paying a #1D massive, massive money. He's going to cash in anyway, it's good for him to bet on himself.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I wonder what Bruins offer were

6 million per season?

Charlie and camp aiming for 8?

I hope they can come to an agreement soon and this not become another Pasta fiasco

lxndr

Nov 11, 2017

6 million per season?

I hope they can come to an agreement soon and this not become another Pasta fiasco

There was an article in The Athletic from Joe McDonald where he mentioned 6.5M x 7 years.

What will William Nylander's signing mean for the Boston...

Despite this injury, a massive payday will be in his future. The Bruins began contract negotiations with McAvoy during the offseason, and according to sources, the offer was in the range of $6.5 million per season for seven years. At this point, he would likely be better served by finishing the season and then negotiating a long-term deal in the range of $7.5 to $8 million for eight years.

BreadManPanarin

Mar 15, 2017
I don't really follow Boston much so I apologize if this is off base. Personally I feel that Charlie isn't getting a fair shake to prove his true worth due to such minimal power play time. He is on pace for 41 even strength points this year, and if he was on PP1 I would imagine that would look more like 55-60 points. I get that Krug is in the way and that's fine, but I totally understand Charlie wanting to be paid like a 60 point D man instead of a 40 pt D man since the only reason he's producing at a 40 pt pace is because they won't give him the deployment to make 60 points possible. Just my $.02.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

6 million per season?

Meet somewhere near the middle give or take 250k, and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad