Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Charlie make 20 plays a game that most don't even notice. He is by far the best Dman on this team. Grizz is second.

Carlo for example has been pretty bad the last few games ,with him it comes down to him needing to be physical to be effective and be all he can be.

Posters need to look back at Bourque and see how many times he was "walked" around.

If posters where looking to get rid of me start continue trying to turn Charlie into the new HF whipping boy and I'm gone. :)

Charlie is going to be a great player

Terrific post friend, I mentioned some of the subtle plays Charlie makes that, unless your paying close attention to , you just don`t see to appreciate and sometimes those plays aren`t the one`s where a puck is involved, sometimes it`s him having sound positioning to cut a potential pass off, others it`s a simple but smart pass. This kid has had a season to forget as far as injuries and time missed is concerned, yep, took a bad penalty vs the Rags, hurt the team but watching his game vs the Caps and Isles was terrific, kid is still learning

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'm a little disappointed in him this season. I feel like he's taken a step or two back. Between that and the fact that hes oft-injured, I would consider moving him for the right player.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Can Cassidy at least try once to start mcavoy on the powerplay. It's always krug give this young horse a chance to show his oodles of skills. I've always said he's a clone of ryan mcdounagh and is a staple of our blueline for years to come . He's gonna put over 40 points a season easily.

I hear the argument for trading Krug and putting McAvoy in that role, sure. But to not have Krug in that role while he is on the roster is a fireable offense.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I like him when he's on his game. However, he's taken at least two steps back this season. He's also very oft-injured and takes forever to come back from them.

I'd move him in the right deal.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like him when he's on his game. However, he's taken at least two steps back this season. He's also very oft-injured and takes forever to come back from them.

I'd move him in the right deal.

NO WAY...Concussions take time and he showed today how he can and will take games over in the future .They trade him it will be years recovering a player back there of same talent.Just my humble opinion.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I didn't say McDavid nor did I say I'd give him away. To me this season he's been a disappointment for the most part and I'd trade him for the right player/players or as part of a package. To me "untradable" doesn't exist.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
NO WAY...Concussions take time and he showed today how he can and will take games over in the future .They trade him it will be years recovering a player back there of same talent.Just my humble opinion.

That's the humble opinion of any sensible fan. Trading McAvoy would set this franchise back. You're trading your future #1 guy.... When he's on, you could argue he's already your #1. Chara hasn't been the greatest.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Agree on the concussions. I just expected more from him than we've gotten based on last year.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agree on the concussions. I just expected more from him than we've gotten based on last year.

Today really really showed me he is feeling better and it could not have come at a better time of the stretch run starting more or less..The kid has the whole package and it will come together sooner then later and Bruins fans will be some happy.Him having a bit of a tough time might be a blessing in driving price down a bit as well. But today he was a beast who give us a glimpse of the future with him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Gotta be patient with young kids. Not all progression is going to be on a linear, upward trend.

McAvoy's got all the tools, IQ, and moxy to be a number 1 blueliner for a long time in this league. I would not be so quick to trade that for a grass is greener player(s). The kid was just able to legally drink a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad