Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Before Pasta comes back, I'd like a couple of games of Kuraly-Coyle-Wagner and Nordstrom-Acciari-Backes. Wagner has been getting chances every night it seems, lets see if he and Coyle can get something going.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
When Pasta comes back I would assume Heinen will get dropped to Coyle’s wing and it will be interesting to see how they do. They’re both playmakers and I think they’ll need a better shooter than Backes.

Reactions: Estlin

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I think my only problem with Coyle is that last night he barely played at 5-on-5! The Kuraly line shouldn't still be getting more TOI than Coyle, even with Nordstrom and Backes as his linemates.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Good start at the dot for Coyle in a Bruins uniform with 65% so far. With Nordstrom and Backes they were a clear checking line but honestly didn't look as bad as many seemed to think they would.

Hoping the team will be able to work him into some more offensive situations and line-mates but it's just good to have a clear third line again.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think my only problem with Coyle is that last night he barely played at 5-on-5! The Kuraly line shouldn't still be getting more TOI than Coyle, even with Nordstrom and Backes as his linemates.

They should get more TOI though.... That's the problem. Backes/Nordstrom can't be out there much. They are so ineffective.

Reactions: JCRO

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
They should get more TOI though.... That's the problem. Backes/Nordstrom can't be out there much. They are so ineffective.
Looks like I was mistaken, Butch eventually sat the Kuraly line in the third. After two periods, Coyle was third lowest in 5-on-5 ice time.

And yeah, I'm not jazzed about Backes and Nordstrom but its not like Butch doesn't have a player with more offensive pop and skill sitting in the pressbox who could easily displace one of them.

Reactions: DrJustice

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Looks like I was mistaken, Butch eventually sat the Kuraly line in the third. After two periods, Coyle was third lowest in 5-on-5 ice time.

And yeah, I'm not jazzed about Backes and Nordstrom but its not like Butch doesn't have a player with more offensive pop and skill sitting in the pressbox who could easily displace one of them.

Plus once Acciari went down they seemed to go with a Kuraly-Coyle-Wagner line

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
We'll see. It's still really early. Donato doesn't look good to me, but as long as he keeps scoring it's hard to be unhappy. My worry is that with Nino and Coyle out, we become an easy team to play against in the post season.
Donato doesn’t look good? Haha what player are you watching or expecting? He’s look fantastic.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He really deserves either Heinen or Cehlarik, or both. He's doing good job winning battles and holding on to the puck but he doesn't have anyone to play with if he's out there with Nordström and Backes.

Last edited:
Reactions: missingchicklet

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Donato doesn’t look good? Haha what player are you watching or expecting? He’s look fantastic.

same old Donato so far.

turnover machine, zero fight, doesnt battle, just happens to be getting points at the moment.

Hell, the Minnesota folks are even saying as much. Needs to get stronger, improve skating, get into puck battles.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
same old Donato so far.

turnover machine, zero fight, doesnt battle, just happens to be getting points at the moment.

Hell, the Minnesota folks are even saying as much. Needs to get stronger, improve skating, get into puck battles.
He looks good man. Minnesota fans are just upset about a trade

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Heinen -Coyle-Bjork

Now that would be a potentially awesome future third line. And by future I mean hopefully next year

Wouldn’t mind seeing Heineken shifted down this year to help Coyle out. Can’t gave both Nordstrom and Backes negating the offense on that line

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Heinen -Coyle-Bjork

Now that would be a potentially awesome future third line. And by future I mean hopefully next year

Wouldn’t mind seeing Heineken shifted down this year to help Coyle out. Can’t gave both Nordstrom and Backes negating the offense on that line

Im betting that's what happens. Especially with how great Mojo looked on the Krejci line.

Healthy top 6 is Bergeron, Marchand, Pasta, Krejci, Mojo, DeBrusk

and probably a 3rd of Heinen, Coyle, Backes

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There is no reason once everyone is healthy to not have an effective third line. There is zero point in making trades for upgrades and developing young talent if in the end you negate those things by playing inferior options. Coyle playing with Heinen and Cehlarik is the way to go, provided Johansson can play well on the 2nd line. There is no way guys like Nordstrom and Backes are more effective than Heinen and Cehlarik. Backes and Nordstrom should at this point only see the third line if there is an emergency.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I've liked Coyles game so far...Him and MoJo will def help this team. Depth wise and a bit on the score sheet.

If only we could of grabbed Zucker out of Minny somehow, he'd been a perfect addition with these two.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Maybe DeBrusk instead? Backes really throws a wrench into everything with how useless he has become.
DeBrusk would be a great fit and honestly, Johansson - Krejci - Pasta would be tremendous as well. But we know they really want DeBrusk with Krejci so I'm not sure how likely it is.

I do feel a bit for Coyle. Donato jumps into Minny lineup and plays with good offensive players. Johansson jumps into Boston's lineup and plays with good offensive players. Coyle jumps into Boston's lineup and gets... 20 & 42, who you know, are good leaders and character guys and all, but obviously they're not very offensive or productive.

Reactions: Estlin

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
DeBrusk would be a great fit and honestly, Johansson - Krejci - Pasta would be tremendous as well. But we know they really want DeBrusk with Krejci so I'm not sure how likely it is.

I do feel a bit for Coyle. Donato jumps into Minny lineup and plays with good offensive players. Johansson jumps into Boston's lineup and plays with good offensive players. Coyle jumps into Boston's lineup and gets... 20 & 42, who you know, are good leaders and character guys and all, but obviously they're not very offensive or productive.
who cares what donato does coyle has stabilized our 3c position. gives other lines rest and are more effective and the scoring will increase. our goals per game will go up because of this . book it.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Coyle with 2 skill guys will be a sight for sore eyes. his 3C stabilization is a thing of legends.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He looks good man. Minnesota fans are just upset about a trade

No, they’re not.

They are literally saying the exact same things that Bruins fans were saying. He’s extremely weak on the puck and is super one dimensional.

Minnesota fans weren’t exact enamored with Coyle. You’re really far off in your implication that Wild fans are, for some obscure reason, putting Donato down because they had a collective problem with dismissing Coyle. Just a coincidence I am sure that they’re having issues with the exact same aspects of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad