Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What are the expectations for Coyle? What does he have to do to be a "success" here?

I think we're all hoping he'll be a really good 3rd line center, that's what he was brought here to do, but what does that mean?

Bonino, Eller, Cirelli, Soderberg, Eakin, Lowry... to me, those are some of the better 3c's in the league, and some of the best teams in the league (TB, WAS, WPG, NAS) are represented by that list. I think if that's the expectation, Coyle should be impressive because IMO, he slots in at the very top of that list.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What are the expectations for Coyle? What does he have to do to be a "success" here?

I think we're all hoping he'll be a really good 3rd line center, that's what he was brought here to do, but what does that mean?

Bonino, Eller, Cirelli, Soderberg, Eakin, Lowry... to me, those are some of the better 3c's in the league, and some of the best teams in the league (TB, WAS, WPG, NAS) are represented by that list. I think if that's the expectation, Coyle should be impressive because IMO, he slots in at the very top of that list.

What I'm personally expecting

- around 16 minutes
- 40ish point pace
- a plus player
- shows his lineup versatility
- battles hard for the puck

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
tomorrow really hoping the third line is

Cehlarik Coyle

expecting Coyle to do it all offensively , is not a nice way to welcome the guy

Also what a freaking raw deal for Cehlarik..... so if you are injured, are you suppose to play through it or else lose your spot in the lineup?

Cassidy has done this 2 or 3 times to the guy already

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Charlie Coyle will find a new level in Boston and everyone will be saying that Minnesota chose the wrong Boston Boy.

From the 3rd line I wouldn't expect that much of a scoring raise, but if he helps to raise the 3rd line to new level then awesome.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
IMO this trade checks all the boxes good on DS. Character kid that wont disrupt chemistry. Big and strong guy with versatility that can also play PP and PK with a very reasonable price tag and tied up for another year. Plugs perfectly into 3C.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I'll put Connecticut boy Nick Bonino at the top of that list.

As for expectations, we all know Coyle has to lead the B's to the Cup. Otherwise he (Sweeney?) did not succeed.

Reactions: PlayMakers

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Coyle will be a great addition for you guys. He is a team first player and while not super physical he is tough as nails and will play whatever role he is asked. Seems a Bruins type for sure.

He will frustrate you simply because he is so talented. He will look like the best player on the ice for a period and leave you scratching your head wondering why he cant bring that level of focus and energy every night.

I think it was a very savvy addition. Also think he has another 55+ point season in him if hes given the right role and linemates. Good luck, hope Coyle helps you destroy TML

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'd be happy with 12-14+ goals and 30-35+ points, honestly, while also helping out on PK duty...

I don't expect this man to become a maestro of the special teams or anything. But Peverley wasn't like that either, and his usefulness manifested itself plenty during his time here. I think Coyle will be a benefit in even strength, and for that, i'm grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad