Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Really? The guy has had one 56 and one 42 point seasons. People haven’t seen him play much and then have a opinion based on nothing. He averages 30 plus points per year. That is fact. He played up in the line up at times in Minnie but that’s not who he is. In his career he has been a VERY average third line center. In order to compete with the big boys we need a better guy in the 3 spot. And oh ya he has been good so far this playoffs. I hope he continues to play well.

248 points in 500 career games
im not sure what math class you went to but thats a .5ppg the way I use my calculator
if theres 82 games in a season... thats a 41 point AVERAGE

he had 6 points in 21 games after he got here... or 242 in 479 when he showed up... thats better than a .5ppg average when we made our first impression

he was in quite a slump before he got here

last year he has 37 points in 66 games... he has 93 points in 148 games the 2 seasons before this year

so if you tell me he had a slump this year... sure I can agree... if you tell me he wasnt averaging well over 50 points a season his last 2 years before he showed up I would tell you do better

if you tell me that you or other people didnt understand this... I will say thats obvious. its why you are all caught with your pants down now that hes producing like he produced the last 2 years before this years slump

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Coyle has passed the eye test for me from game one in Bruins Jersey — despite RS results being slow to come.

Like others, I think he’s been one of, if not the, best Bruin in playoffs.

Give me same trade today? Sign me up.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I hope people aren't gonna use his current playoff form and try to say he has been great since he got here. A very pedestrian/underwhelming regular season with the Bruins--which is what I expected. But if he wants to save his best play for the playoffs, perfectly fine by me. Keep up the good work.
Kucherov and Tampa as a whole should underscore that regular season performance and playoff performance are two different things. Personally I’m glad Coyle has played a key role in us being tied 2-2 coming home and Tampa is planning their Presidents Trophy parade. Why not, they got a lot of free time on their hands.:laugh:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
not sure about that extent but Coyle is more valuable for what this team needs

Cassidy will play Coyle in various situations/late in games

That’s the whole point of trades and all you can ask for

People get swept up in numbers and “value” because of the video game and sim league generation, but at the end of the day, the best trades in hockey are ones where both teams benefit and all players do well. It’s good for the game. There’s no point lamenting what a player does elsewhere because it’s a scenario that doesn’t exist and can not exist in reality for your team. The only thing worth lamenting is if the players you receive don’t fit in, luckily for Boston they are tear free this series when it comes to the Coyle trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad