Confirmed with Link: Charlie Coyle to the Bruins for Donato and a conditional 5th-round pick - 4th if B's make 2nd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Good kid taking some shots on the way out?

LOL, this quote reminds me of the famous quote "The Titanic is unsinkable!" I'm sure this won't backfire :D

Still could be good for the wild. They have something to cheer for that they have not in a while. They need someone on that team to shoot more and Donato will do that.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It was speculation on my part.
Just based on history of how the organization reacts to such things.

@Gee Wally , I will leave it at this, somebody in the B's organization was less than thrilled by the Globe's placement of the Sullivan column. With all the good the Bruins have done in February the highest profile column went to Donato.

holland-tunnel-entrance-jersey-cityjpg-24c38fcaeb6fc042.jpg

Catch my drift?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It'snot necessarily a fact the the Bruins management was unhappy with Donato, I'm sure they understand it can take time to learn to play the game at the NHL level. Donate was given many opportunities to show that he was ready, but unfortunately his play was extremely inconsistent. At this point in time the Bruins need consistancy especially if they hope to advance in the playoffs. Donate may have potential (or not) to be the better player in this deal, but we may not know for another 3 years and the Bruins need help now.
For me this deal is very ordinary, Coyle is not a core player he is more of a support player, while he has some size and will throw the occasional check he is not a power forward nor a consistent scorer. This is a conservative safe move to add depth, experience and consistency to the lineup. Basically, the Bruins know what they will be getting from Coyle on a nightly basis . . . Which is what they need at this time.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Good for Donato, despite his points being secondary assists he was very noticeable out there. His play was reminiscent of last season when he arrived with the B's. I hope the kid can sustain it there.

Doesn't change my mind on the trade for the Bs, kid wasnt getting it done in Boston (or dominating in Providence for that matter) and Coyle is a better fit for what this team needs.

Reactions: Blowfish

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I really liked Donato, after his debut last year I had hoped he was a long term solution for our second line; then he was not very good in the playoffs, looked overmatched. I thought having time in the offseason to do some strength training and get ready for a full NHL season. That didn't happen, I think he was given a real shot early in the year, and he just never owned it.

I wish him well in Minnesota, but I'm fine with taking a chance on Coyle. Regardless of what they end up scoring in their careers, we needed the size and style Coyle brings right now; so I'm okay with taking a shot on this trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It'snot necessarily a fact the the Bruins management was unhappy with Donato, I'm sure they understand it can take time to learn to play the game at the NHL level. Donate was given many opportunities to show that he was ready, but unfortunately his play was extremely inconsistent. At this point in time the Bruins need consistancy especially if they hope to advance in the playoffs. Donate may have potential (or not) to be the better player in this deal, but we may not know for another 3 years and the Bruins need help now.
For me this deal is very ordinary, Coyle is not a core player he is more of a support player, while he has some size and will throw the occasional check he is not a power forward nor a consistent scorer. This is a conservative safe move to add depth, experience and consistency to the lineup. Basically, the Bruins know what they will be getting from Coyle on a nightly basis . . . Which is what they need at this time.

The Bruins are like every other contending team in the East, they know if Tampa falters they have a chance to make the SCF.

The Bruins can't worry about Tampa right now, they first have to focus on playing Toronto or possibly Poutineville in Round 1. However, they do play Tampa 3 more times this season which will be an interesting cat and mouse scenario.

I sense another trade is coming :popcorn:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Donato can take his soft, entitled, weak, excuse-making act and f*** right off. He had more opportunity to succeed this season with the Bs than he deserved. Not their fault he has the strength of an eight year old and the balls of a eunuch. f*** him. Had him pegged all along. Good riddance. Gave Sweeney an A+ for this trade for a reason.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hope does well. He will with maturity and work. He’s a kid who wants to play. Look at Wheeler. Great player now. Wrong timing on the Bruins. Same situation.
Yeah you can compare him to Wheeler if you'd like. While you're at it, you can compare my grandfather a WW1 vet to Wheeler too if you'd like but neither is a good comparison. Wheeler and Donato are nothing, nothing at all alike in style or attitude.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
was rooting for donato, but its becoming very obvious there was some behind the scenes drama.. i dont know why coyle is getting such a bad rap already..you would think us as fans would want him to succeed? i think coyle flourishes..

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Donato can take his soft, entitled, weak, excuse-making act and **** right off. He had more opportunity to succeed this season with the Bs than he deserved. Not their fault he has the strength of an eight year old and the balls of a eunuch. **** him. Had him pegged all along. Good riddance. Gave Sweeney an A+ for this trade for a reason.

You need to stop bottling up emotion.
Let it out, say what you really feel. :DD

Reactions: missingchicklet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad