Player Discussion Charlie Coyle - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime86

Nov 30, 2018
Coyle has had some awful, just gut-wrenching turnovers the past couple games. The one today cost us the game.

Brilliance on one end, horrific on the other end. Jekyll and Hyde player lately ... Hope he can steady the ship.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Coyle has had some awful, just gut-wrenching turnovers the past couple games. The one today cost us the game.

Brilliance on one end, horrific on the other end. Jekyll and Hyde player lately ... Hope he can steady the ship.

it is quite maddening

In the 1st OT also, Mojo was tapping his stick on the ice nonstop for a pass but Coyle just carried the puck, to god knows where

its like he has tunnel vision sometimes...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
There have been 3 egregious turnovers by him in this series that I remember offhand (2 of which ended up in the back of the net), but the net effect is still insanely positive. He looks dangerous on most shifts he's out there, and is producing on top of that.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Yeah, we wouldn’t have led in the first place if not for MoJo and him (and Pasta’s skate), so it’s hard to say he cost us the game, especially with the chances we had in OT and with the first line all but MIA on the scoresheet.

I’m sure he won’t have any more primary assists (or tertiary, for that matter, at least off brutal turnovers) on CBJ goals henceforth. Hope top 6 can compensate as the production of the bottom 6 inevitably dwindles.

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
not singling coyle out (that play was absolutely terrible, but we're not here without him), but the b's need
to be much smarter with the puck. way too many careless turnovers, dumb drop passes, forced plays where
a play isn't there. simplify otherwise go home.

Reactions: Fossy21 and Estlin

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I am thinking about the way Horton reinvented himself and raised his game when got to the Bruins and am wondering if Coyle will do / is doing the same.
He reminds me of Horton at times too, especially when he takes a shift with Debrusk & Krejci. He can be the 3rd line C on my team any time, but I'd also be totally comfortable with him as 2RW if one of the kids stepped up & earned the 3C spot.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
3rd and 4th lines are killing it. In a 7 game series, they will make a huge difference. Keeps the top 2 lines fresh.
Dominates the opponents lines. Tire out the other teams lines and neutralizes their offense. Lines 3 and 4 are the cycle lines.

Reactions: TwineTickler

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
*Ahem* Can we please keep it civil and just talk about Coyle and not who he was traded for?

This next game will be interesting. Carolina has last change so do they switch their secondary defense from Krejci's line to Coyle's?
Both centers have 12 points and both LWs have 7. Backes has 5 in 9 while Johansson has 9 in 13. One of those line gets to feast on 3rd pair D.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Interesting that the key moves for the 2011 cup team were Kelly & Peverly aka 3rd liners. Fast forward and the guys really making a huge difference is Coyle & Mojo...aka 3rd liners.

Reactions: TwineTickler

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
*Ahem* Can we please keep it civil and just talk about Coyle and not who he was traded for?

This next game will be interesting. Carolina has last change so do they switch their secondary defense from Krejci's line to Coyle's?
Both centers have 12 points and both LWs have 7. Backes has 5 in 9 while Johansson has 9 in 13. One of those line gets to feast on 3rd pair D.

no It’s hilarious

Some of the posts in the Coyle part one thread are gold. It’s as if people were intentionally not watching him play and just looking at the box score while crying about Ryan Donato

I’m not so sure the Bruins are still playing with Donato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad