Player Discussion Charlie Coyle - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Donato's potential is in no way a 90 point scorer lmao
I would say the same about Wheeler when he was with the Bruins. 45, 38, 44 (Bruins/Thrashers) points in his first 3 seasons. Also, it's easier to get 90 points when you play on a line with a 40G scorer which is when he went from a 70p forward to a 90 point forward. Context matters.

If you are on a team that requires team defense like Boston, you get one 100 point scorer, once per decade and only 4 seasons where a player even reaches 90 points in the last 23 years.

I don't see Donato getting 90 points either but I could see him 30G 30A numbers as a top line forward. If Kaprizov ever comes over and plays on a line with Donato, they will be as deadly a top line as any in the league.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Let’s not get ahead of our selfs Game one. Let’s hope it continues then we talk

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
He should be extended this summer
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure he’s signed for 1 more year after this so I would personally wait the year out or mid season next year if he is still good for us.
To small a sample size and I hate when players get rewarded after a good playoffs his value right now maybe as high as it will ever be. His highest points is 56 and goals 21 no need to rush.
Example Matt Belesky.

aguineapig

Playoff history tells us the likes of John Tonelli, Stephane Matteau,Joel Otto, Mike Rupp are necessary components of a Cup run. Coyle built along those lines size, snarl and compete can get you into areas where some may not fear to tread but just can't get to where they need to do it. Donato has great anticipation in the O zone and that great shot.On a shift to shift playoff scenario that pops up once in a while. But Coyle can make a difference SHIFT to SHIFT basis because of the above.

Reactions: BMC and NoregreB

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Love to see his chances finally going in. He's played really well for the Bruins from the start and was getting tons of chances in the regular season but was definitely getting some bad puck luck. He's stepped up even more in the playoffs and now he's putting the chances he was getting all along in the net. I loved this trade from the start (and I think Donato will be a good player in this league for a long time) but it's looking better by the game. Win-win for both teams.

Also helps you weed out who can't be taken seriously by the number of people I saw calling him Jimmy Hayes 2.0 when he wasn't producing. Jimmy Hayes wishes he had played 1/4 as well as Coyle has. Not even close.

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Love to see his chances finally going in. He's played really well for the Bruins from the start and was getting tons of chances in the regular season but was definitely getting some bad puck luck. He's stepped up even more in the playoffs and now he's putting the chances he was getting all along in the net. I loved this trade from the start (and I think Donato will be a good player in this league for a long time) but it's looking better by the game. Win-win for both teams.

Also helps you weed out who can't be taken seriously by the number of people I saw calling him Jimmy Hayes 2.0 when he wasn't producing. Jimmy Hayes wishes he had played 1/4 as well as Coyle has. Not even close.

I’d say he’s given us double maybe triple what Jimmy gave us already. :laugh:

Great pickup by Sweeney on a team dying for a solid 3rd line center. Donato is going to be a great player no question but this was a much needed piece for this team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Coyle has the look like ‘yah I can play in my hometown’

He knows how insane the Boston sports fan is

Not sure long term status of Johansson but Coyle & Heinen are the foundation of a high end third line with combo top 6/ top 9 skills

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
OK sort of a "shower thought" - I decided that Coyle is EXACTLY what the Bruins were hoping Jared Knight would turn into for them... that is all

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
OK sort of a "shower thought" - I decided that Coyle is EXACTLY what the Bruins were hoping Jared Knight would turn into for them... that is all

Their not really the same style of player though, nor are they close in size.

Knight - 5'11 / 200lb
Coyle - 6'3 /220lb

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Coyle has the look like ‘yah I can play in my hometown’

He knows how insane the Boston sports fan is

Not sure long term status of Johansson but Coyle & Heinen are the foundation of a high end third line with combo top 6/ top 9 skills

This was one of my biggest concerns about acquiring Coyle (or any Boston guy). I'm relieved that he's appears not to be phased by the pressure of playing for him childhood team.

What's crazy is he had 6pts in 21gp after the trade. Playoffs roll around and he's got 6pts in 8gp lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad