Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does he like Davos?

He's working on it.

2qgydv.jpg

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
what's not close to you? he was at a .88 ppg in his last year (49 pts in 56 games) 4 more pts and he would have been at a .95 ppg, 3 more pts a .93

Overall in his career he was at a .78 how many Hab prospects were able to have a higher ppg over 3 years from age 20-22? Pac but he played a lot less games as he was a .88 in his AHL career.

At 20, Hudon was 1 pt away from being in the top 20 in league scoring, 2nd in rookie scoring. He tied Yanni Gorde in points that year while being 3 years younger that year and it wasn't until last season that Gorde was a full time NHLer and now he's got 92 pts since then.

We haven't had a rookie in the top 2 in rookie scoring since DD/Maxwell were 3rd in '08-'09.

So what you're saying is he's this generation's Corey Locke. Okay. They give out a trophy for top scorer in the AHL. In the last 15 yrs 2 players became NHL players and one of those is Jason Spezza who was sent there to play during a lockout. The Pirri example is a fantastic one. What about Kenny Agostino, a guy who was a Les Cunningham winner...

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
30 pts in 72 games.........he could have gotten us a pick...

This is the stuff that gets ridiculous. When, pray tell, should we have traded the precious ice wine grape that is Charles Hudon? When was the peak of his 4th line ripeness on a bottom 3 team ripeness? Then, if he is traded, we end up with the endless nonsense we get about Andrighetto coming back to haunt us or whomever is the rare orchid in bloom that week. A month ago it was DLR who suddenly turned into John Leclair.

The Pirri example holds. What about PA Parenteau? He scored almost 30 goals on the Leafs. Why? He didn't suddenly become a better skater. He was getting 1st line minutes and PP time on a terrible, terrible team. Note how quickly that changed as the Leafs got better players.

Reactions: scrubadam

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Hey Charlie,I hear Novosibirsk is lovely at this time of year.-85 and grey.Even the vodka freezes in the bottle.How's your Russian? I knew a guy from that town and he said nobody parks on the street at night as their car will be missing by morning.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
what's not close to you?

He's played 207 games in the American Hockey League and scored 162 points.

That's not close to a point-per-game.

Do you honestly need to have this explained to you?

Seriously, was it necessary to ask me what "not close to a point per game" means?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's played 207 games in the American Hockey League and scored 162 points.

That's not close to a point-per-game.

Do you honestly need to have this explained to you?

Seriously, was it necessary to ask me what "not close to a point per game" means?

you said he was never close to being a ppg, cleary he was in his last season. Why is pointing that out a problem?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
you said he was never close to being a ppg, cleary he was in his last season. Why is pointing that out a problem?

I said: "He wasn't even close to being a point-per-game guy in the minors."

As I have already shown you, he is 45 points of being a point-per-game player in the AHL.

What part of this is confusing you?

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
In all seriousness,Hudon is a skilled little player but he is slow and skates like garbage.He's a much better skater than anyone reading this post, but his poor skating will always prevent him from being a competent NHL regular.Every team has a Hudon or two.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I said: "He wasn't even close to being a point-per-game guy in the minors."

As I have already shown you, he is 45 points of being a point-per-game player in the AHL.

What part of this is confusing you?

as I said, his last season in the AHL, he was close to a ppg, clearly he wasn't at a ppg over his AHL career, you don't say his career, you said he was never close to a ppg in the minors and he was.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
as I said, his last season in the AHL, he was close to a ppg, clearly he wasn't at a ppg over his AHL career, you don't say his career, you said he was never close to a ppg in the minors and he was.

Bravo.

You've successfully twisted the statement around to suggest I was actually saying that Hudon, in a single season, was never close to a point-per-game when in fact, he was.

That's terrific. Make a notch on your holster, that's a big win for you.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
This is the stuff that gets ridiculous. When, pray tell, should we have traded the precious ice wine grape that is Charles Hudon? When was the peak of his 4th line ripeness on a bottom 3 team ripeness? Then, if he is traded, we end up with the endless nonsense we get about Andrighetto coming back to haunt us or whomever is the rare orchid in bloom that week. A month ago it was DLR who suddenly turned into John Leclair.

The Pirri example holds. What about PA Parenteau? He scored almost 30 goals on the Leafs. Why? He didn't suddenly become a better skater. He was getting 1st line minutes and PP time on a terrible, terrible team. Note how quickly that changed as the Leafs got better players.
So true, he is good AHLer but barely a fringe NHL guy. All teams have this guy.

DLR reference is bang on when it comes to some fans evaluating bubble players. Typical over estimating a fringe guy. Look at the reaction when scherbak was picked up. Can't stay in the lineup and when he is in he the same guy we saw for years.

Just move Charles along and be done with it. They have better guys who jumped over him in the depth chart.

Reactions: Chris Nilan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bravo.

You've successfully twisted the statement around to suggest I was actually saying that Hudon, in a single season, was never close to a point-per-game when in fact, he was.

That's terrific. Make a notch on your holster, that's a big win for you.

I didn't twist anything, you said he wasn't close to a ppg in the minors. That is wrong unless you don't consider a .88 ppg as being close to a ppg. If you had said in his career then clearly you would be right.

How many Hab prospects have been better then Hudon in the AHL in the last 10 years?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
How many Hab prospects have been better then Hudon in the AHL in the last 10 years?

Who cares??

The goal is to win games at the NHL level. I couldn't care less how successful guys are at the AHL level if there game doesn't translate to the NHL. Maybe you'd better suited to changing your name to "laval" if you are so enamoured with what guys do in the American League.

In the NHL everyone is faster and stronger. There are all kinds of guys that are fantastic down in the AHL but the game doesn't translate when players are on them a second faster then they were in the minors and they are getting physically overmatched by bigger, stronger guys.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell if a players game will translate to the NHL. Sometimes it's a coin toss. Sometimes it's pretty obvious that it won't.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So true, he is good AHLer but barely a fringe NHL guy. All teams have this guy.

DLR reference is bang on when it comes to some fans evaluating bubble players. Typical over estimating a fringe guy. Look at the reaction when scherbak was picked up. Can't stay in the lineup and when he is in he the same guy we saw for years.

Just move Charles along and be done with it. They have better guys who jumped over him in the depth chart.

DLR is 23 and in his last 85 games he's got 19 pts on 2 of the worst teams in the NHL with no PP time. If he improves even a little bit in his offensive game, we could end up regretting putting him on waivers when we had Pleks and Alzner who they ended up waiving anyway. We could use DLR for his size to a small group of forwards, plus it's not like we are going anywhere this year, so for longer term do you think we are better off with DLR or DLO, or Chaput?

In the end losing DLR, Scherbak, Bitten, likely these moves won't matter much at all, but some people just don't trust any moves MB makes that they are the right ones.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
DLR is 23 and in his last 85 games he's got 19 pts on 2 of the worst teams in the NHL with no PP time. If he improves even a little bit in his offensive game, we could end up regretting putting him on waivers when we had Pleks and Alzner who they ended up waiving anyway. We could use DLR for his size to a small group of forwards, plus it's not like we are going anywhere this year, so for longer term do you think we are better off with DLR or DLO, or Chaput?

In the end losing DLR, Scherbak, Bitten, likely these moves won't matter much at all, but some people just don't trust any moves MB makes that they are the right ones.

I'd take DLO and Chaput over dlr everyday. However, if someone comes along that makes them expendable then I won't have a problem getting rid of either of them.

People can distrust mb, I understand that but no one can argue that there isn't serious overreaction on these boards. Just look at the domi trade, scherbak, sekac, bitten, dsp, etc.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd take DLO and Chaput over dlr everyday. However, if someone comes along that makes them expendable then I won't have a problem getting rid of either of them.

People can distrust mb, I understand that but no one can argue that there isn't serious overreaction on these boards. Just look at the domi trade, scherbak, sekac, bitten, dsp, etc.

well the Habs have the most bi-polar fan base in the NHL. They are freaking nuts. If anyone that remembers being at HF when the darkest day stuff happened and people were posting updates on the flight and when it would land. All a bunch of nothing. But it makes things more interesting then say many of the American teams boards here that get a few posts when something bigger happens and likely don't even notice the small moves.

DLR has as many pts as DLO and Chaput put together. While being 3-4 years younger. I haven't seen that many games lately but DLO wasn't impressive at all, unless things have changed he wasn't all that physical and clearly with his 3 pts he's not bringing much in the way of offense. Chaput I like more but wish he was in Laval as he would help them vs helping the Habs win a few more games against the non playoff teams.

Who cares??

The goal is to win games at the NHL level. I couldn't care less how successful guys are at the AHL level if there game doesn't translate to the NHL. Maybe you'd better suited to changing your name to "laval" if you are so enamoured with what guys do in the American League.

In the NHL everyone is faster and stronger. There are all kinds of guys that are fantastic down in the AHL but the game doesn't translate when players are on them a second faster then they were in the minors and they are getting physically overmatched by bigger, stronger guys.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell if a players game will translate to the NHL. Sometimes it's a coin toss. Sometimes it's pretty obvious that it won't.

The point is if Hudon was one of our best prospects in the AHL and last year he was one of our best players, maybe it's possible that he is just having a bad year and can rebound to some degree next year. He's clearly shown he's skilled, or else he wouldn't have been one of our best prospects in the AHL, but clearly he needs to get faster and improve his skating. What's the harm in seeing if he can improve next year, vs giving him away for nothing?

Of course players in the NHL are faster but that didn't seem to impact Hudon last year when he put up 30 pts in 72 games. This year he was bounced around the lineup and struggled, it's possible that he could still be a decent NHLer ala last season, although maybe not with the Habs.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
It sure makes things crazy.

I perfer DLO because of the 10 goals last year and he was physical. I think this team needs this, however, he has not been the same since his facial injury

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad