Rumor: Charles Hudon ready for a change of scenery

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario

From the article:

“Charlie wants to play in the National Hockey League, whether it’s Montreal or somewhere else,” said player agent Allain Roy, who reps Hudon. “He’s a good player, and we’re still waiting for answer whether it’s from Montreal or anywhere else.”

It remains to be seen what the market might look like for a player like him. Two professional scouts who have had multiple viewings of Hudon expressed diverging views to The Athletic. The first indicated he would “probably” recommend his team take a flyer. The second was somewhat less enthusiastic about Hudon’s ability to be a regular NHLer.

Last edited:

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
He's looking more and more like one of those guys that's in between AHL and NHL level, unfortunately. Not fast enough for the new NHL. Hopefully for him, his path is similar to PA Parenteau's and manages a solid NHL career as a late bloomer. If he moves, it will most likely be through waivers.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He's looking more and more like one of those guys that's in between AHL and NHL level, unfortunately. Not fast enough for the new NHL. Hopefully for him, his path is similar to PA Parenteau's and manages a solid NHL career as a late bloomer. If he moves, it will most likely be through waivers.

Pretty much where I expect him to end, too.

And he's still young, of course it must be annoying not playing for a while.

But we lost DLR (more useful on the bottom lines) and Scherbak (more offensive potential, even if he doesn't do anything with it) on waivers already because they had 'no value', or something like that, which I don't believe one bit, asking price was too high methinks, time frame too short, bad asset management, but I digress.

Wonder if he'd get picked on waivers, though, not sure anymore...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm sure they're attempting to move him. However, if he's not moved yet, I'm guessing the return isn't that great.

I think any return would be enough and that include a 6th round pick.....every teams got their Hudon, not sure why anyone would pay to get him. Still surprise he wasn't put on waivers, should let the kid walk for his own good.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Just not NHL quality. Very similar to Scherbak who just couldn't make the jump. Can't give in to all these player demands. Sit in the press box and wait for your opportunity.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I hope we keep him and play him. It's a long season and we haven't had many injuries yet this year.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Its essentially time to ask ourselves what other young underachieving or flawed player could the Habs target since I cant see this heading down a path that isn't a trade or outright waivers.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
Perhaps we can turn him into our own lion of the jungle. A young pugilist looking to stake his turf.

Reactions: Aspirine

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Sadly, I don't see a future for him in MTL but I could see him become a regular if he's willing to stay around a la Pirri or Agostino. I've always pegged him as a potential Mathieu Perreault clone but maybe a Parenteau might have been more accurate. I hope we get a mid range pick for him but alas, I doubt it will happen.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Its essentially time to ask ourselves what other young underachieving or flawed player could the Habs target since I cant see this heading down a path that isn't a trade or outright waivers.
I'd target a RW, someone like Chris Wagner plus a late pick. (Too lazy to check if Wagner is a rw)

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Hudon has very little value in my opinion (and many others). Not sure what to expect back other than another fringe NHL player or a 6th round pick.

Reactions: Deebs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad