Rumor: Charles Hudon ready for a change of scenery

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
its because in reality these players aren't slow. Skate against Hudon he will make any non pro look like a snail. This guy could probably do things on skates 99% of the population could only imagine.

The issue is that the other players are just much better and faster than him. Thats what happens when you have a league of about 700 players taking from a global pool. Only the best make it. Hudon isn't slow, its that everyone else is faster than him. When you only take the best of the best, if you aren't the best there are going to be people better than you.
if everyone else is faster than him then HE IS slow. "everyone else" is the unit of measure, above you're fast, below you're slow.

the guy is not competing against non pros or 99% of the population :help:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Give him a chance somewhere else. He's not going to be a mainstay for us, especially with younger prospects coming up through the ranks within the next couple of years.

His skating just isnt at the level it needs to be to be a real impact forward imo.

Reactions: Runner77

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I would send him to a team in return for a player in a situation similar to his. Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
30 pts last year.........should have sold high during this past off season...but we will lose him on waivers. Could have gotten a draft pick for him, but not now.

There was no option to sell high. His value in the off-season was the same as it is now.

It's not like scouts didn't notice last year that he can't skate at the NHL level.

Reactions: Vachon23

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Hudon badly needs this. I have no doubt there is a decent NHL player in him but this year is going to waste if he stays in Montreal. I hope MB can turn him into at least something, even if the return is going to be small. Can't see him clearing waivers.

There is not a decent NHL player in him. He can't skate at the NHL level which is a basic, fundamental skill.

I could definitely see him clearing waivers.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If he could get you a sixth round pick then, he could now, nothing has changed except Montreal's roster isn't lousy enough to need him on it.
except that he's not playing...

who would give a pick for a 24 years old that is not playing anymore ?

Reactions: BLONG7

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
except that he's not playing...

who would give a pick for a 24 years old that is not playing anymore ?

So you think if the Canadiens stopped playing Max Domi tomorrow that would make his trade value go down? It's the same player with the same skillset whether he is playing or not.

NHL teams were fully aware that Hudon was getting ice time with the Canadiens last year cause the team was lousy and they are fully aware that he's not getting ice time now because the team is better.

Do you think this is a secret that they are not aware of? Every team in the league has a Hudon or two in the minors. These are not valuable chips.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So you think if the Canadiens stopped playing Max Domi tomorrow that would make his trade value go down? It's the same player with the same skillset whether he is playing or not.

NHL teams were fully aware that Hudon was getting ice time with the Canadiens last year cause the team was lousy and they are fully aware that he's not getting ice time now because the team is better.

Do you think this is a secret that they are not aware of? Every team in the league has a Hudon or two in the minors. These are not valuable chips.
He had more value before the season started...than he does now. Just my 2 cents. He is waiver wire stuff now...

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
As much as I like Hudon, the team got better and it seems he got passed on at training camp.
He's got skills, but he doesn't seem like a fit with the Habs now.
New style of play by Montreal based on speed sure doesn't help him.

Money aside, it must be the worst feeling. You made it to the NHL, but all you do is practice and watch your teammates play the games..
Amen . You nail it . I like him and his hockey vision , but we now have better players on top 9 and better role players for the 4th line

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He had more value before the season started...than he does now. Just my 2 cents. He is waiver wire stuff now...

He was waiver wire stuff then. He is not an NHL calibre player and his 30 points last year doesn't change that. He doesn't skate well enough to be an NHL regular unless he's playing for a team that has no other options.

Brandon Pirri scored 22-goals in just 49 games for Florida a couple of years ago. The following year he had 24 points in 52 games before being dealt for a 6th rounder because he isn't an NHL calibre player.

Scouts are not stupid, they are not going to get confused by a little production by a lousy player on a lousy team. They look at a players skill set and what he can bring to their team. Hudon doesn't bring an NHL game, not last year, not in the summer and not now.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
we'll see if he can stick in the NHL or not, he doesn't have a spot with the Habs but perhaps he can find his way onto another team. If not I'd love to have him in Laval, they are so starved for offense yet are one of the best defensive teams in the league, they could do some damage in the playoffs if they had a Hudon and a Scherbak.
he would fit on the Oilers because they don't have offensive help out of the top 6 players

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
So what you're actually saying is that he is slower than those faster than him which is everyone.

Yup pretty much. He is good enough to be better than most AHLers, but just not good enough to be better than the top 1% that make it to the NHL.

Too bad because I liked his game and thought this would be a good year for him.

I can see him becoming like a Agostino in a few years once he realizes that he needs to bring a different element to his game and adapts to do something different in the NHL.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Hudon would have some value if the Habs had some injury. I wish he could still be sent down to AHL though. Every team needs a Hudon, a call up in case of injury, too bad he's too old and gonna end up on waivers.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Do you think this is a secret that they are not aware of?
Every team in the league has a Hudon or two in the minors. These are not valuable chips.
obviously you had to pick the guy playing on the first line and one that has been a regular NHLer for a while now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gotta disagree on the shot and vision part. He has a solid wrister and he can manage a PP pretty well. Coupled with a good set of hands, he certainly has some good tools to produce

I see a bit of Desharnais in him in the sense that he faces some of the same struggles in terms of strength and speed, but he has a better frame, a better shot and a better work ethic, at least compared to the veteran, coasting version of DD.
I really dont see it man. I'd be surprised if he becomes anything more than a 4th liner on any team.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
obviously you had to pick the guy playing on the first line and one that has been a regular NHLer for a while now.

Okay, pick any player you want.

The point remains the same. Hudon not making the lineup doesn't change his scouting report. Pro scouts have scouted him at the AHL and the NHL level. His weaknesses are glaring and quite obvious. The fact that he's not in the lineup anymore (obviously) doesn't change these issues you one bit and I'm frankly surprised anybody would pitch the idea that it does.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He wasn't even close to being a point-per-game guy in the minors. What makes you think he was better than most AHLers?

what's not close to you? he was at a .88 ppg in his last year (49 pts in 56 games) 4 more pts and he would have been at a .95 ppg, 3 more pts a .93

Overall in his career he was at a .78 how many Hab prospects were able to have a higher ppg over 3 years from age 20-22? Pac but he played a lot less games as he was a .88 in his AHL career.

At 20, Hudon was 1 pt away from being in the top 20 in league scoring, 2nd in rookie scoring. He tied Yanni Gorde in points that year while being 3 years younger that year and it wasn't until last season that Gorde was a full time NHLer and now he's got 92 pts since then.

We haven't had a rookie in the top 2 in rookie scoring since DD/Maxwell were 3rd in '08-'09.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Okay, pick any player you want.

The point remains the same. Hudon not making the lineup doesn't change his scouting report. Pro scouts have scouted him at the AHL and the NHL level. His weaknesses are glaring and quite obvious. The fact that he's not in the lineup anymore (obviously) doesn't change these issues you one bit and I'm frankly surprised anybody would pitch the idea that it does.
since you know so much, care to tell us what those reports say exactly ?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00