Rumor: Charles Hudon ready for a change of scenery

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
well the Habs have the most bi-polar fan base in the NHL. They are freaking nuts. If anyone that remembers being at HF when the darkest day stuff happened and people were posting updates on the flight and when it would land. All a bunch of nothing. But it makes things more interesting then say many of the American teams boards here that get a few posts when something bigger happens and likely don't even notice the small moves.

So true on so many levels. Well put.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He wasn't even close to being a point-per-game guy in the minors. What makes you think he was better than most AHLers?

Your right I don't mean it literally, more like better than AHLers who never make it to the NHL.

I actually think if he played the next 2 years in the AHL he could sneak his way into a top 25 or even top 15. He would be about 24/25 at that point. Just don't think his game translate to the NHL.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
He's better than Scherbak and many were more upset about losing Scherbak.
Scherbak is a low bar to judge anyone's game by as his will most likely be in the k soon. People will also be upset when hudon leaves but when he fades away no one will care. Other guys out worked him and there isn't any room for him.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
He was waiver wire stuff then. He is not an NHL calibre player and his 30 points last year doesn't change that. He doesn't skate well enough to be an NHL regular unless he's playing for a team that has no other options.

Brandon Pirri scored 22-goals in just 49 games for Florida a couple of years ago. The following year he had 24 points in 52 games before being dealt for a 6th rounder because he isn't an NHL calibre player.

Scouts are not stupid, they are not going to get confused by a little production by a lousy player on a lousy team. They look at a players skill set and what he can bring to their team. Hudon doesn't bring an NHL game, not last year, not in the summer and not now.

He does. He just needs to hire Big Mac's power skating coach.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
I didn't twist anything, you said he wasn't close to a ppg in the minors. That is wrong unless you don't consider a .88 ppg as being close to a ppg. If you had said in his career then clearly you would be right.

How many Hab prospects have been better then Hudon in the AHL in the last 10 years?

This has been covered. I compared Hudon to Duncan Milroy, who was closer to ppg (58/64) than Hudon ever got. Corey Locke was better than ppg & won the Cunningham trophy. In the last 15 yrs 2 (count them-TWO) Cunningham winners went on to become NHL players and one (Spezza--I covered this, but I'll repeat it b/c unlike some people I will actually cover things when I say I have) was only there to play during a lockout.

But if you want a list start with Matt D'Agostini, David Desharnais, Max Pacioretty, Sergei Kostitsyn, Tom Pyatt, Mathieu Darche and when you get past 2009-10, you'll be well on your way to more than 2 dozen.

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
DLR is 23 and in his last 85 games he's got 19 pts on 2 of the worst teams in the NHL with no PP time. If he improves even a little bit in his offensive game, we could end up regretting putting him on waivers when we had Pleks and Alzner who they ended up waiving anyway. We could use DLR for his size to a small group of forwards, plus it's not like we are going anywhere this year, so for longer term do you think we are better off with DLR or DLO, or Chaput?

In the end losing DLR, Scherbak, Bitten, likely these moves won't matter much at all, but some people just don't trust any moves MB makes that they are the right ones.

You should have stopped at 19pts in 85 games for 2 of the worst teams in the NHL.

Why would you even mention PP time and DLR in the same sentence? Do you really think any coach anywhere would put him on a PP? That should be a firing offence.

Regret? We had a least 4 other guys to replace him, 5 if you count Vejdemo. He became expendable when Kotkaniemi made the team. Which would you rather have in MTL, the team that matters.

And why, besides your latest fanboy crush fan fiction target are you still on about Will Bitten, who was never even a ppg player in the OHL.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Vegas will say no ... Pirri is on fire

maybe maybe not ..he gone hot before etc......just like Fla he had 22 goals in 49 games..then he played for 3 different teams in the next 3 year years...lol..anyways in no way do i think he is an untouchable at all....or will he command a huge return etc

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Looking like he's going to get his wish one way or the other.

So what the thing. We claim back Scherbak to send him down (if we can) and Hudon is claimed (if put on waivers) by the LA Kings. Wouldn't that be nice. ;) (Not that it's what I want, but that'd be awkward. lol)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
great development model...send them to LA for a month to get NHL ice time..lol
''Ice time''

austinpowers-drevil-quotes-700x313.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
great development model...send them to LA for a month to get NHL ice time..lol

We need to send someone smarter than Scherbak to perform one month internships within claiming teams. How else are we supposed to gather intelligence. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The point is if Hudon was one of our best prospects in the AHL and last year he was one of our best players,

This is absolutely false and I cannot believe you are actually trying to pitch this as a realistic claim.

It's ridiculous.

I am truly embarrassed for you if you think Charles Hudon was one of the Canadiens best players last year.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
This is absolutely false and I cannot believe you are actually trying to pitch this as a realistic claim.

It's ridiculous.

I am truly embarrassed for you if you think Charles Hudon was one of the Canadiens best players last year.
Come on man, he had more points then Danault, Shaw, Lehkonen, DLo, Froese and Plekanec. :sarcasm:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What an obvious report.

Of course he's looking for a change of scenery. Anybody not getting playing time in this league is looking for a change in scenery.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
True, when you out perform Froese, that's pretty damn impressive.

And let's not forget all of the... uh.... nothing that he contributes when he's not scoring.

Let's not forget he got more points then most of those guys by playing 10 to 20 games more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad