Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Guys like Hudon and Lehkonen are held back offensively as a result of our lack of offensive centres. Both guys can create chances, go to the dirty areas for goals and have excellent shots but don't get to play with a playmaking centre who can feed them the puck more.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Guys like Hudon and Lehkonen are held back offensively as a result of our lack of offensive centres. Both guys can create chances, go to the dirty areas for goals and have excellent shots but don't get to play with a playmaking centre who can feed them the puck more.
Pretty much.

We're giving 3rd and 4th line centers middle 6 minutes.

We're playing a winger as a first line center.

We're putting our most productive center on the fourth line, in his off wing.

We traded or got rid of ALL of our puck moving, creative defensemen.

NO SHIT these guys are being held back !

Reactions: Habs13

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Agreed and the same can be said about Galchenyuk

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007

I've said it before, I want Hudon-Drouin-Lekhonen. Pacioretty-Drouin isn't a great fit anyway.

Reactions: habtastic

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Like I keep saying; this management does not put its players in a position to succeed. Ever. Ever!

So many players are misused and out of position and a few are played on lines that they have no business being on because they are favored by a biased staff; see Byron and Plekanec starting a 3 vs 3 overtime shift and your most recent example. Julien does this like Therrien did with Desharnais and Bouillion.

Invisible Max - Drouin - Lehkonen
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Congrats to him on his first and then 2nd NHL goals, here's to more to come. He's now at 8 pts in 18 career games. Glad to see him do well, was always a big fan and felt he could be a solid NHLer if given the chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: habergeon

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nice showing by Hudon last evening. Here's to many more.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm glad for his sake that he scored wo goals. Too bad they were in a game in which they weren't needed.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
I think tonight will take a lot of self imposed pressure off Hudon.

After the first one you could see the weight come off his shoulders, and he stopped pressing out there and started playing like he did in the preseason...which is a very good thing for us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hudon was bound to score at some point. Made Karlsson look like fool on that first goal. Good game and we need him to score 15 goals +/-. Both Hudon goals were clutch too. Lets hope he gains confidence on this game

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
was just a matter of time for this kid. He has been very good so far this year, just a matter of time before he started getting some points.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Glad to see hard work pay off for Hudon.

That 1st play was a nifty move with a solid finish.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think it's only the start. I've been a backer of his for a while now and thought he should have been given a bigger chance last year but glad he did this year.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
His toe drag is elite. He's walked a lot of quality defenders this year he just hasn't buried his opportunities (until last night).

Would be cool to see a couple shifts of Hudon-Danault-Drouin, Drouin played with both Hudon and Danault in the WJC, and all 3 played in the Q at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad