Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Some of you guys really struggle to see the forest for the trees. Forget 2nd line and 3rd line... we have Danault and Plekanec as our middle 6 centers, and it isn't that bad.

I agree with you on this. The middle 6 is interchangeable and ice time will vary depending on each game. All depends on match-up against the other teams. Yeah, but we don't have a team built like the Pens so we suck. That's what people are upset about.

Sens centers:
- Turris (55 pts)
- Brassard (39 pts)
- Pageau (33 pts)
- Smith (32 pts)

Habs centers:
- Galchenyuk (44 pts) *61 games
- Drouin (53 pts) *With TB
- Danault (40 pts)
- Pleky (28 pts)

I don't hear the Sens getting all upset over their middle 2 centers. Brassard + Pageau = Danault + Pleky

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Perhaps, I really like his accuracy. I know Lehkonen is better at tipping/deflecting pucks.

I personally think Lekhonen has more power on his shot and it's one of the more deceptive shots in the league. Honestly reminds me of Alex Semin in his Washington days. That being said Hudon has a very good shot and I believe he is more accurate.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
A bit out of context here, is there any reason that we could no longer write in the Prospect info: McCarron thread ?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I personally think Lekhonen has more power on his shot and it's one of the more deceptive shots in the league. Honestly reminds me of Alex Semin in his Washington days. That being said Hudon has a very good shot and I believe he is more accurate.

Semin's shot was in a completely different tier than Lehkonen's... Semin arguably has the best wrister of the post-lockout era.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I agree with you on this. The middle 6 is interchangeable and ice time will vary depending on each game. All depends on match-up against the other teams. Yeah, but we don't have a team built like the Pens so we suck. That's what people are upset about.

Sens centers:
- Turris (55 pts)
- Brassard (39 pts)
- Pageau (33 pts)
- Smith (32 pts)

Habs centers:
- Galchenyuk (44 pts) *61 games
- Drouin (53 pts) *With TB
- Danault (40 pts)
- Pleky (28 pts)

I don't hear the Sens getting all upset over their middle 2 centers. Brassard + Pageau = Danault + Pleky

I don't see Hab fans getting upset over middle 6 centers either, because they arent. I hear them getting upset over the top 6 centers, because right now we are running a first year center as our 1C and a 3rd line center as our 2C.

You can say "middle six" all you want in order to camouflage the argument and hide the real issues, but it doesn't change the fact that Danault and Plekanec are both 3rd line centers. Those are bottom 6 centers btw.

Also, why do you keep bringing up the senators as if they are the golden standard of center depth? Their center depth blows just a little less than ours does. There's a reason they were willing to trade Chabot+Zibinajed last off-season in order to get Duchene, and continue to be pressing hard for him today. Their center depth is really not good either.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Liked what I saw from Hudon. Had a couple of decent chances from the slot and competed. Thought he worked hard and did not look out of place. Looking forward to see more from him this weekend.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hudon looks like a pro,likes to shoot,and has a good shot,the most impressive on that line,although kudos to Thomas for picking up his game from last year.Still don't know how he gets away with all those slashes though.lol.

Reactions: S Bah

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Hudon looks like a pro,likes to shoot,and has a good shot,the most impressive on that line,although kudos to Thomas for picking up his game from last year.Still don't know how he gets away with all those slashes though.lol.

Hudon would be a good winger to play with Crosby.

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
I was also impressed by the amount of shots and scoring chances he made for himself, but I can't say I was impressed by the quality of his shot.

Hopefully he will bury many goals. Let's wait and see

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Lehner had a great game, Hudon zinged him with a shot in the first that stung his hand pretty good, then Benn almost scored and rang a shot off his neck. Plekanec played one helluva game, got called for a slash, definitely the best PK guy also last night though. Old time hockey, both teams played exciting, close checking, hard hitting games. Habs certainly were full value for the win IMHO!!!...:D:thumbu::D

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
What am I reading here about overcoming physical limitations?

Growth hormone or testosterone administration or magic beans or body building or a magic wand wouldn't be efficacious. Hudon would be more likely to turn into Youppi. :laugh:

If Hudon can overcome his physical limitations, then Mete can turn into Larry Robinson!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looking like TSN's pronounciation of Hudon's name is catching on ...

1x72zx.jpg

Reactions: Archijerej

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Last time in the bigs he was losing almost all his board battles. Now he wins a lot of them. Keep it up Charly.
A goal early in the season would be great for him.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Started slow against the Hawks but he woke up and had a very strong game. He is one of the very few on this team that can beat a defender one on one. I love how he also throws his body, looks fiesty, finished the game with 5 shots and 6 hits (!), some very hard ones. Best Habs player yesterday.
Hudon is by far the brightest thing since the start of the season. Kid does it all, complete player. Keep it up Charly!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hudon is basically the only one who is making something out of nothing these days. Ultimately, that something still is nothing without the finish.

He made a couple dazzling moves against Chicago to create chances for himself where a chance didn't seem very likely.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Hudon is going to prove a lot of people wrong this year and Vegas is going to regret not picking him up IMO. Let's hope he stays healthy. That's really my only concern. He did get injured last year when he was called up too. He might of stayed with the Habs if he didn't get hurt. Seems like he's going to have a shot at top 9 minutes and playing time with Pleky. We need scoring from the bottom 6!
Still waiting for a goal.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hudon is basically the only one who is making something out of nothing these days. Ultimately, that something still is nothing without the finish.

He made a couple dazzling moves against Chicago to create chances for himself where a chance didn't seem very likely.
Hudon should be an example for a few of our players right now

Guy doesn't care who he's playing with or what position, he's played the same game and brought the same good things every single game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad