Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
CJ put him on the 4th line yesterday vs Minny and seeems that he will do the same vs Winnipeg.

I am more than OK to give Galchy top-6 duties, but Hudon should not be the one penalized by this move. Plekky should center the 4th line and play on pk. No more than that.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
CJ put him on the 4th line yesterday vs Minny and seeems that he will do the same vs Winnipeg.

I am more than OK to give Galchy top-6 duties, but Hudon should not be the one penalized by this move. Plekky should center the 4th line and play on pk. No more than that.
Ehhh , the problem is that one plays center and the other one plays LW. What playing Plekanec on the 4th line has to do with anything?

It's between Chucky, Byron and Hudon.

Jul 6, 2016
Ehhh , the problem is that one plays center and the other one plays LW. What playing Plekanec on the 4th line has to do with anything?

It's between Chucky, Byron and Hudon.

What has done Plekky so far to deserve so many minutes ? The guy will be UFA next July. I don't want to see him ever again in a Habs jersey.

Shaw can play center too and wins more FO.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What has done Plekky so far to deserve so many minutes ? The guy will be UFA next July. I don't want to see him ever again in a Habs jersey.

Ehhh, what games are you guys watching?

The last 6 games that Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher trio was probably our best trio...

Plekanec 3 points +2
Hudon 4 points +2
Gallagher 8 points +2

Plekanec seems to be invisible but he's doing the job...

Jul 6, 2016
Ehhh, what games are you guys watching?

The last 6 games that Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher trio was probably our best trio...

Plekanec 3 points +2
Hudon 4 points +2
Gallagher 8 points +2

Plekanec seems to be invisible but he's doing the job...

That's the word. And Hudon has 4 points... Why HIM on the 4th line ?

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
That's the word. And Hudon has 4 points... Why HIM on the 4th line ?

I agree with the sentiment.... however in his stage in their careers I think I prefer Hudon occasionally on the 4th line while we give better chances to Chuckie to find his game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like Hudon but we got too many small forwards. We’re never going to turn the corner if we can’t win the small battles out there!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
DP7oqPyXcAAHr_u.jpg

Hudon is a hitting machine. I always knew he was a gritty player but I'm impressed with his physical involvement.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Hudon is playing great hockey and might explose someday soon.

We found another top6 player if he can produces as well as his performance.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The only box he isn't checking is production. But ya, he's doing it all out there. His skill level is really, really good. He's able to use that great stick defensively too.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's very crafty and smart. Feel he's got best shot at being top 6 out of any of the Habs forward prospects.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's funny all the support Hudon gets.

Pretty sure 2 years ago when i complained Brian Flynn was playing over him when Patch was injured i did not get much support. A lot more people were pumping Flynn's tires saying he was solid at faceoffs and on the pk. Surprise surprise the great Brian Flynn is playing in the AHL this season. No it's not a surprise at all.

Pretty sure last summer when i said if i was Vegas i would claim Hudon way before Benn more people laughed at me than agreed with me.

I'm happy for the kid. He's definitely a NHLer.

Reactions: groovejuice

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Maybe we are raising his trade value??....with DLR playing well of late, he could be his replacement, just saying. 2nd or 3rd round pick would be fair value....again, this is predicated on DLR maintaining the pace.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Maybe we are raising his trade value??....with DLR playing well of late, he could be his replacement, just saying. 2nd or 3rd round pick would be fair value....again, this is predicated on DLR maintaining the pace.
That's what they SHOULD be doing...not sure this management/coaching staff have that foresight though.

But who knows, I never thought CJ would give DLR an opportunity to play with actual NHL players when Drouin went down, and he did.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
That's what they SHOULD be doing...not sure this management/coaching staff have that foresight though.

But who knows, I never thought CJ would give DLR an opportunity to play with actual NHL players when Drouin went down, and he did.
Ya, with Julien being in love with him, I'm afraid they're gonna keep him......I'm crossing my fingers though :wg:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ya, with Julien being in love with him, I'm afraid they're gonna keep him......I'm crossing my fingers though :wg:
IF they're going to keep him, which I think they likely will, at the very least, they should be starting next year's succession plan by giving DLR more opportunities like they have recently.

Then if Plekanec walks in the offseason...it's not as much of a crappy situation where you lose the asset and also haven't replaced him.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
IF they're going to keep him, which I think they likely will, at the very least, they should be starting next year's succession plan by giving DLR more opportunities like they have recently.

Then if Plekanec walks in the offseason...it's not as much of a crappy situation where you lose the asset and also haven't replaced him.
I hate it when you talk like this because you're usually right lol

Reactions: 417

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

If you look at Julien history he's not afraid to trust kids. Many young players started their career under Julien and had great career. I'm not a fan of him but i trust him a lot more than MT when it comes to taking roster decisions. Like all coaches he trusts vets and give them a chance like he did in playoffs last year but usually if you're not doing your job under Julien you'll be replaced eventually by a kid.

The first time he was here he was not afraid to give Ribeiro and Ryder a chance to play and both had very respectable career. Souray and Markov both saw their toi and importance with the team increase under Julien. Plekanec started his career under Julien. Komisarek too.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

50% cap retained Plekanec would be a very solid 3rd line addition to a good team looking to improve bottom 6. I think he'd fetch a 2nd easily (maybe a mediocre prospect too) if he maintains 30-35 point pace.

Hudon is one of those rare players in this organization I think can complement anyone. He makes Plekanec look better than he is right now offensively when matched together.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really like Hudon. Potential to be a top 6 player no doubt.

In beginning of the season, i missed Radulov, but without Radulov, it’s more time for kids like Hudon and Lehkonen. Both have great potential.

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Hudon, Lehkonen... i really like that. Trade Pacioretty.

Byron and Danault play another good season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille