Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm guessing he's playing right now to give him another look/shot before Armia comes back. He doesn't have a role on this team. He's not good enough to be top 6 and isn't really a bottom 6 player either.

Peca brings speed and pking. DLO hitting and pking too.

I expect him to be on waivers in the new year.

Jul 6, 2016
I'm guessing he's playing right now to give him another look/shot before Armia comes back. He doesn't have a role on this team. He's not good enough to be top 6 and isn't really a bottom 6 player either.

Peca brings speed and pking. DLO hitting and pking too.

I expect him to be on waivers in the new year.

Traded at least... even for a mid rounder. The kid had 30 points last season.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Traded at least... even for a mid rounder. The kid had 30 points last season.

I really liked him last year. He's a gamer and has decent hands. I thought he could be a good depth offensive player for us on a 3rd line, but he's really struggled this year.

I would like to get something for him - a 4th or 5th.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There simply is no room for this kid. He would never clear waivers. It’s going to be a long year for him sitting in the press box

Merci Saku

Sep 9, 2006
Longueuil, Québec
Gotta love losing Scherbak and Hudon to protect AHL fodder in Chaput and Agostino.

You do know what role players are right? Chaput and Agostino fits that description and are doing a very good job on the 4th line

Nobody wanted Scherbak on the trade market and is on my way of waivers again with his play in LA. Hudon is not a 4liner and can’t play on a regular base on an offensive line

I like him too but we gotta be real with ourselves, if he was Charles Brown, nobody would care about him and that’s a fact

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Is that Sherback kid the same one that only played 3;39 for LA this week ?

LA is probably going to be placing Scherbak on waivers soon. That’s just a shit disturber comment you quoted. And Hudon will end up playing in Europe. Agostino is miles ahead of these two. If he knew his hockey he would agree

it can happen, McCarron at 23 looks faster, I know DD worked on getting faster, but I don't know if Hudon will be able or not.

I agree on McCarron. I saw a Laval game back a few weeks ago. First thing i noticed. His speed has increased since i last saw him

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
LA is probably going to be placing Scherbak on waivers soon. That’s just a **** disturber comment you quoted. And Hudon will end up playing in Europe. Agostino is miles ahead of these two. If he knew his hockey he would agree

I agree on McCarron. I saw a Laval game back a few weeks ago. First thing i noticed. His speed has increased since i last saw him

We'll see what the Kings do with Scherbak, it's not like they have anything to play for. As for Hudon, we'll see if he can rebound next year, he was one of our top scorers last year and this year he's struggled but if he can get back on track next year either with the Habs or somewhere else then we'll see how it goes. With another NHL team coming it should give him even more of a shot to stick if he can just get quicker. I wouldn't say Agostino is miles ahead, he's on pace for a slightly better season then Hudon had last year while being 2 years older.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
We'll see what the Kings do with Scherbak, it's not like they have anything to play for. As for Hudon, we'll see if he can rebound next year, he was one of our top scorers last year and this year he's struggled but if he can get back on track next year either with the Habs or somewhere else then we'll see how it goes. With another NHL team coming it should give him even more of a shot to stick if he can just get quicker. I wouldn't say Agostino is miles ahead, he's on pace for a slightly better season then Hudon had last year while being 2 years older.

Agostino is a step ahead of Hudon as a complete player. Plus he has the added size. I like how Agostino plays without the puck. Hudon not so much ( not at all ).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Agostino is a step ahead of Hudon as a complete player. Plus he has the added size. I like how Agostino plays without the puck. Hudon not so much ( not at all ).

I don't mind Hudon's play without the puck, he's not Scherbak, but even then that's not enough of a gap to say he's miles better then Hudon imo.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I'm not sure about that, as I rarely saw Agostino shoot, but I think that is one of the attributes Hudon is better at.
I believe Agostino is in full-time for the team but only on the 4th line or 3rd at best.
Hudon... although I've seen him play, I'm not sure about what's his style exactly... would you say he's more of a shooter and a north south player? I know he can hit too. They used to say (maybe even himself) that he didn't play his game, was playing like more of a grinder due to being on the 4th line (so hitting more than usual).
I don't know how he's doing now and where he stands... in or out of the lineup.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'd like to see Hudon put with Peca and Armia on the 4th line when Armia is back, if Hudon doesn't contribute then just put Agostino back in. With scoring up, you need contributions from all 4 lines.. a 4th line of Agostino/Chaput/Deslauriers who have combined for 2 goals in 63 games just doesn't cut it.

Jul 6, 2016
Hudon was a good player on last year weak Habs team. Not so much on this year better team.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Getting some deja vu vibes from last year when Carr, Froese and Dlo were playing over their heads for a stretch and people started already penciling them to our core for next year. Then they cooled down and little is heard about Carr and Froese today. I'm glad our 4th line is making things happen but eventually we will end up tweaking it.

Please show me a single post where anyone suggested Froese was part of the Canadiens core.

As for Carr, he's ripping up the AHL with 39 points in just 26 games. I've always thought Carr was a better player than Hudon. I would much rather the Canadiens had kept Carr and let Hudon move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad