Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Hudon has been snake bitten this year early and the coach won't play a guy like him if he does not produce. I think he is actually a good scorer but right now he's running low on confidence and probably gripping his stick very tightly.

A team like Edmonton should be looking at Hudon because I think with more leeway and confidence he could actually be a decent producer.

Reactions: Fixxer

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't have a prejudice when it comes to Charles Hudon. I just don't think he's good enough to play in the National Hockey League. I didn't then nor do I now "hate him" On the contrary, I hoped he'd succeed.

If you go back to my original posts about Hudon, I repeatedly said I hope I'm wrong and I hope he goes out and proves that I'm wrong. Why on earth do I need to "pat myself on the back?" I want the Montreal Canadiens to be good. I'd love it if they were able to get a fifth round pick that turned into a valuable contributor.

But he's not that guy and it appears he's not that guy for the very reasons I red-flagged a few years ago. He can't skate and he's not nearly strong enough to be able to go up and down the wings without getting pushed off the puck or taken out of the play.

Then you are kidding yourself if you think you don't have a prejudice against Hudon. It's very clear. When you have 2 players and one scores more goals and the other more assists and you are pushing for the guy that scored more goals and putting down the guy that had more assists, if you just point out that the guy you are pushing for has more goals and say nothing about how the other guy had more assists it shows a prejudice.

I'm sure you really are rooting for Hudon since you have bashed him in these threads for years now.

Hudon clearly needs to be faster, but he was one of our most productive players last year so clearly he wasn't too slow or that bad of a player last year. This year he's bounced around the lineup and hasn't played well enough. Maybe he can bounce back in his 3rd season like Lehkonen has, who is around the same size, not that much faster. Better all round for sure, but Hudon has smarts and skills.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Hudon needs a new start somewhere else. Kids got skill. Just wont work for Julien. I think he has completely eliminated Hudon from his list.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Hudon seeing a few banged up players tonight against the stars.
Hudon happy to play.jpg

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Why montreal aren’t waiving hudon to help the rocket? If he gets claim so be it, they could get anything at the deadlibe, they won’t get anything at in the off season, it realy sucks for him and if he does clear, he’d be a good player in laval, if he gets claimed, we get an extra contract spot for OHL overager or a NCAA player when their season is done.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Why montreal aren’t waiving hudon to help the rocket? If he gets claim so be it, they could get anything at the deadlibe, they won’t get anything at in the off season, it realy sucks for him and if he does clear, he’d be a good player in laval, if he gets claimed, we get an extra contract spot for OHL overager or a NCAA player when their season is done.

help the rocket do what?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Win the last few games, help the rookie like vej and evans to play with a guy who can score big points in that league. Make hudon play or give him to an other team so he can play!

what does winning the last few games do though, their season is over, if they were going to send Hudon down to help they should have done it while they were still in the race and struggling to score goals. If Hudon can't improve on his weaknesses in the off-season then send him to Laval next year, he would be great for them but at this time of the year it seems pointless.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Leafs fan asking. What happened to Charles Hudon this season? Always liked the kid coming out of junior, was disappointed when the Habs picked him up, but still enjoyed watching him in the 2013 WJC. Has three solid years in the AHL, finally gets his break last season and posts a solid 30 points in 72 games. I always thought he looked pretty good when Montreal played Toronto last season.

Was just looking at Montreal's stats, and saw this year he has played in only 32 games with 5 points. That would be only 11 points over 72 games, 1/3 of his production from last season. So, why is Hudon going downhill in production like this? Deployment? Injuries? Bad luck? Early decline? He's only 24, so I expected him to breakout a little more. Is there just less opportunity for a player of his skillset in this year's lineup?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Leafs fan asking. What happened to Charles Hudon this season? Always liked the kid coming out of junior, was disappointed when the Habs picked him up, but still enjoyed watching him in the 2013 WJC. Has three solid years in the AHL, finally gets his break last season and posts a solid 30 points in 72 games. I always thought he looked pretty good when Montreal played Toronto last season.

Was just looking at Montreal's stats, and saw this year he has played in only 32 games with 5 points. That would be only 11 points over 72 games, 1/3 of his production from last season. So, why is Hudon going downhill in production like this? Deployment? Injuries? Bad luck? Early decline? He's only 24, so I expected him to breakout a little more. Is there just less opportunity for a player of his skillset in this year's lineup?

Fell out of favour with the coaching staff, mostly due to his foot speed and to a lesser extent his defensive play.

I was really high on the player too a few years back, it’s a real shame he was never able to improve his skating because he’s a pretty high IQ player but the game is too fast for him now.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Because of his size they cannot play him on the fourth line and most of the guys on other three lines are just more useful than him. They gave him a couple of chances but he never seemed to capitalizes on it. I think maybe now could be the time to insert him back to see what he can do cause we are in a slump offensively.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
and he would be more useful then drouin with all his talent and zero contribution right now

Nitram27

Aug 14, 2007
Québec
He's by no means an explosive skater, but I don't think that his skating is what keeps him for being a regular contributor in the line up. There was plenty of forwards early this season, and he had to sit down. I think that it hurt his confidence. He had good pre season and felt he was a lock for the top 9. He started the year on the 4th line. Then heathly scratch. But when injuries came, he was given chances in the top 9, and he just seemed to not be able to get that goal that would have given him that much needed confidence boost. Also, he struggled in his own zone and he felt out of favor from the coaching staff. I think he could bounce back next year. A change of scenery could do wonders.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019

You can have him for free basically, he’s useless.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He or Peca could replace Drouin in a heartbeat.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
He's one of those players whose straddles the line between being top6 in the AHL and bottom6 in the NHL.

But because of his skating woes, lack of size and his specific skill set, he's mostly useless on the Habs 3rd of 4th line.

Also Claude, or at least someone in the coaching staff, just doesn't like him.

Reactions: habergeon

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
Yes, his point totals are amazing the last 25 games...

Where in the **** do you see me defending him ? I believe i said he has WAY more talent then the two fringe NHL players you mentioned.
He is a heartless gutless lazy player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad