Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
AHL type game. I expected him to stand out a bit more in the puck possession department. Din't say he had a bad game or I don't like Hudon. I'm just not sure where he fits and how much better he can get from where he is at now.
Gotcha, i dont think he's ever had an opportunity to play regularly with high end linemates. I agree that there just might not be a spot for him.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Ever since he's been drafted I've wondered... Why does no one talk about him?

French speaking, Quebec born players are usually the center of attention... Especially smaller ones... Darche, Bouillon, Desharnais, Deslauriers, Ouellet and Despres this summer, even Drouin all got way more media and fan attention than they deserved over the years, but Hudon juste seems to skip under the radar...

Is everyone just convinced he'll never amount to anything?

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Ever since he's been drafted I've wondered... Why does no one talk about him?

French speaking, Quebec born players are usually the center of attention... Especially smaller ones... Darche, Bouillon, Desharnais, Deslauriers, Ouellet and Despres this summer, even Drouin all got way more media and fan attention than they deserved over the years, but Hudon juste seems to skip under the radar...

Is everyone just convinced he'll never amount to anything?

I think he’s skilled but lacks the speed and tenacity he would need to force his way into anyone’s top 6. He’s a meh player to me and I had high hopes for him after his first pro season.

Reactions: Habs4Life

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe CJ will put DLR or Scherbak in the line up next game, and take Hudon out ????

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
But, playing him 7 minutes a game doesn't assure him to be a regular on this team at all. This usage is pointing to part-time work load, so far.

I know we're pretty stacked with out bottom nine forwards so not everyone can get the ice time they deserve but Hudon is absolutely a good NHL player. If he's not getting more than leftover minutes though then what the hell, why not try DLR or Scherbak there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Because he is brutal and belongs in the AHL.

Brutal and an AHL player? If that were true what's that say about our roster since only 6 players outproduced this brutal and AHL player last year and that's with him missing 10 games. His .42 ppg would have put him with the same production as Byron which would mean only 5 Habs out produced him last year and that's while playing with Pleks the blackhole of offense.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Good takes from people here. Armia got lots of chance and he's a reliable player but limited. But, I do like him he'll be very good once he finds his role, which will not be an offensive one obviously. Or at least, he'll be used with other offensive players for his boards play, not pass or shot or whatever. Since he can't find that type of chemistry now, play Hudon more instead. Hudon's very creative and always works hard. He works so hard, he deserve more.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He should be playing in the top 9 instead of armia.
Armia hasnt been impressive, and Hudon was one of our better players last year in terms of creating scoring chances

I know. But coaches go with the old hockey mentality : Armia is a big bodied rightie. Thus a different style of player than the rest of the squad. Thus is over usage.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I know. But coaches go with the old hockey mentality : Armia is a big bodied rightie. Thus a different style of player than the rest of the squad. Thus is over usage.

The problem with Armia is that he's very conservative. You won't notice him making mistakes often. However, once he gets the puck he's still very conservative and don't try much offensively, he dumps the puck often. Honestly, I think he needs a wake up call. I remember him being intense and intelligent in the WJC. He's lost confidence. Simple as that. He feels he's a denfensive player and plays as such. I wish somebody would work with this guy on creative aspects, get him to work his hands faster, etc. He's not totally dumb, but honestly he seems half asleep out there. If he wakes up he's a player.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

I think the reason they are playing him a lot is because they want Armia to break out offensively. In Winnipeg, there was a lot of times where he completely dominated the ice and looked like a star player. He has the talent to be more than a 30 pt player.

The problem is that he did nothing after 4 games... and a guy like Hudon would likely create much more offense if given that ice time.

Ideally, Armia gets moved to the 4th line, Shaw gets put at center and Plekanec gets scratched for Scherbak. One of Scherbak/Hudon with Kotka.

Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Hudon/Scherbak
Hudon/Scherbak - Shaw - Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad