Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Hudon is more versatile than a guy like Ghetto. Hudon can still be serviceable on a third line unlike Ghetto. I have compared him to Mathieu Perreault for years and my comparison remains the same. The problem, which is not necessarily a bad problem per se, is that we have an abundance of players in the Hudon tier (Armia, Lehk, Hudon & Scherbak). IMO Scherbak has the best upside with 60 pts, then Lehk at 50-55, and the last two at 45-50. It really comes down to luck, opportunity and perseverance/hard work. One of them might have to be dealt elsewhere to flourish a la Grabovski. Hopefully for us the return is good and we don't "sacrifice" Scherby.

I believe Hudon has a higher upside vs Ghetto as well. The point was this is the year Hudon needs to take a step forward and not a step backwards or a stalled year in development. Similar to the year Ghetto had when we traded him at the deadline

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Charlie looking good...

Gained 5 pounds of muscle this summer apparently.

4740GNo.jpg
Have a feeling he will be sniping this year!

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
There's not much to worry about.

He was easily our second best 5 on 5 forward after Gallagher last year in his rookie season.

He's shown he can score a ton of goals in the AHL, he's played every role and situation imaginable for Team Canada, and he's always had the vision/hands.

Just chill.

Reactions: montreal

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I really like him since is AHL days. I'm pretty confident (if healthy) he regularly hits 40 pts during his peak while playing good D. I don't get the ''hate'' (word might be too powerful) or let's say the doubts that some have

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hudon is one of the few young players that has decent upside. 45 points or more this a year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Scored a nice goal last night with several other chances. I still would like to see more from him... especially in a game where it was loaded with AHL players.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Scored a nice goal last night with several other chances. I still would like to see more from him... especially in a game where it was loaded with AHL players.
Really ? I thought he did great he could have had 3 last night. were you expecting him to score 6 goals ?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Will be the surprise player of the season (along with Lek).

If JK doesn't make the team I would like to see him tried as a C with Domi and Drouin.

Kids got skills, he usually makes a couple of nice plays each game.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I love Huds, but he needs to finish his opportunities. I don't think there was a guy on this team with as many opportunities to score than him last season, could've easily scored 15+.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I have been a big fan of his since we drafted him. I have said this many times before, the guy is very feisty and things happen when he's on the ice. He generates things, he gets people to move their feet. It was like that in Jrs, the WJC, the AHL... But I'll admit, last year I was hoping he'd take a bigger step forward. This year is important, he needs to reach the next level, otherwise he'll just be one of those guys with potential who just can't reach it in the NHL.

Reactions: cphabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Really ? I thought he did great he could have had 3 last night. were you expecting him to score 6 goals ?

AHL type game. I expected him to stand out a bit more in the puck possession department. Din't say he had a bad game or I don't like Hudon. I'm just not sure where he fits and how much better he can get from where he is at now.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
That was an absurd goal he scored yesterday- imagine if Kotkaniemi scored a goal like that lol.

Glad we appear to be rolling with the young kids (Lehk, Hudon, Scherbak) and giving them the year and rolling with 4 scoring lines.

Reactions: cphabs

Jul 6, 2016
Am I the only one who think he'd be way better playing C?

I saw him in an exhibition game against Russians at center with Drouin and Duclair as his wingers. He was very good. But Drouin was driving the line big time even if he was playing on the wing.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Injuries always happen. The kid produces. I expect him to hit 40-45 points this year

That is true. It makes me think it won't be so bad for our 13th and 14th forwards. It will be tough at first, but they'll get their chance. It's a shame Shaw won't be traded when it's time for him to come back.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That is true. It makes me think it won't be so bad for our 13th and 14th forwards. It will be tough at first, but they'll get their chance. It's a shame Shaw won't be traded when it's time for him to come back.
Bergevin will never admit to the bad signings of Shaw and Alzner

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I'd be interested to see what he could do if playing with Kotkaniemi. More of a feeling than anything else, just throwing that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad