Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He is a bit slow but I still think he should on Kotka and Byron's line. Put Armia on the 4th. I thought Armia was better last night but still one of our weaker forwards.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He is a bit slow but I still think he should on Kotka and Byron's line. Put Armia on the 4th. I thought Armia was better last night but still one of our weaker forwards.
He should be sitting in the pressbox or in the AHL. Anywhere else but in MTL and hed be back in the AHL, hes just not good enough. Always behind the play, its actually frustrating.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He should be sitting in the pressbox or in the AHL. Anywhere else but in MTL and hed be back in the AHL, hes just not good enough. Always behind the play, its actually frustrating.

I don't know. He has 2 goals with limited ice time. I think you have to at least give him a real shot in the top 9. Play him with Kotka and they can be kind of slow together?

Reactions: CoupeStanley

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I don't know. He has 2 goals with limited ice time. I think you have to at least give him a real shot in the top 9. Play him with Kotka and they can be kind of slow together?
Coconut is not slow. Not even close, but you better bet we will develop our 3rd overall, large, offensively gifted, 18 year old, center as a 3rd/4th center and wonder what happened when he is 23... writing is already on the wall. It is creepy honestly.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No, Hudon does absolutely nothing on the ice, he's chasing the puck all game and always a foot behind the play, its actually crazy.

Goals or not, it doesnt matter to me.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Your player evaluations are quite weird but it's fun...
Why do you think so ? Do you deny that he is behind the play ? Do you deny that he's outmuscled too often ? Do you deny that he's not effective without the puck, at all?

He has 6 shots, that one less than Plekanec, equal with Juulsen and Peca (Whos played one less game), four less than Kotkaniemi, 8 less than Ouellet, he's jsut not contributing, like at all.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Why do you think so ? Do you deny that he is behind the play ? Do you deny that he's outmuscled too often ? Do you deny that he's not effective without the puck, at all?

He has 6 shots, that one less than Plekanec, equal with Juulsen and Peca (Whos played one less game), four less than Kotkaniemi, 8 less than Ouellet, he's jsut not contributing, like at all.
I thought he was fine so far... But as usual ... the bias, the bias...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No, Hudon does absolutely nothing on the ice, he's chasing the puck all game and always a foot behind the play, its actually crazy.

Goals or not, it doesnt matter to me.

only 6 Habs outscored him last year and look how much of that he was on a line with the blackhole of offense. If he didn't miss those 10 games he would have put up the same amount of pts as Byron, leaving only 5 Habs with more points and that's with how much PP time?

I thought last year he was one of our best players, I thought he created a lot of chances but was more on the unlucky side. That said if he doesn't get quicker he's going to find it hard to stick in the NHL.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

He's the player with the least amount of time per game so far this season, what do you expect??? He's 1 goal behind our best scorer so far, what do you want from him? to lead the team in goal while playing under 10min per night?

Btw hes very effective whitout the puck, I don't know where your getting that interpretation..... he's one of the best on the team on the forecheck and for creating turnovers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
only 6 Habs outscored him last year and look how much of that he was on a line with the blackhole of offense. If he didn't miss those 10 games he would have put up the same amount of pts as Byron, leaving only 5 Habs with more points and that's with how much PP time?

I thought last year he was one of our best players, I thought he created a lot of chances but was more on the unlucky side. That said if he doesn't get quicker he's going to find it hard to stick in the NHL.
Not denying he produces, he's got good IQ and will always be there to get the loose puck in the net or to make nice passes, but he's just so damn awful the rest of the time. There's nothing he does that makes this team better. He's more inactive than Galchenyuk without the puck, and he doesn't have his offense.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's the player with the least amount of time per game so far this season, what do you expect??? He's 1 goal behind our best scorer so far, what do you want from him? to lead the team in goal while playing under 10min per night?

Btw hes very effective whitout the puck, I don't know where your getting that interpretation..... he's one of the best on the team on the forecheck and for creating turnovers.
On the forecheck ? What the heck, he doesn't even get to the board and the puck is on the other side of the ice.

He's also shooting at something like 40%, which is going to go down. It doesn't matter if he's 1 goal behind the league, it's not a sustainable statistic.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
On the forecheck ? What the heck, he doesn't even get to the board and the puck is on the other side of the ice.

He's also shooting at something like 40%, which is going to go down. It doesn't matter if he's 1 goal behind the league, it's not a sustainable statistic.

Your just full of it.... Hudon is great whitout the puck and he always been. Just last year as a rookie he was 5th for takeaway as a forward while missing 10 games and played most of the season on 3rd/4th line. On top of that he was 4th on the team for shots on net.... SOOOOO bad for a rookie!!!!!!!!

He was also shooting for 5% last year witch was also the worst of his career. He could definitely hit the 10% mark this year witch could result to almost 20G if he keep shooting around 175 shots.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not denying he produces, he's got good IQ and will always be there to get the loose puck in the net or to make nice passes, but he's just so damn awful the rest of the time. There's nothing he does that makes this team better. He's more inactive than Galchenyuk without the puck, and he doesn't have his offense.

don't agree, he's not awful the rest of the time, odd take imo. He brings smarts, vision, a decent shot, offensive instincts/skills, he's got some sandpaper to his game, he's usually solid in his own end. He lacks physical tools of speed, skating, size and strength and that has always been a major concern but he's shown that he can produce even with crappy linemates.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
don't agree, he's not awful the rest of the time, odd take imo. He brings smarts, vision, a decent shot, offensive instincts/skills, he's got some sandpaper to his game, he's usually solid in his own end. He lacks physical tools of speed, skating, size and strength and that has always been a major concern but he's shown that he can produce even with crappy linemates.
Not disgusting the fact he can produce the odd numbers, but with this kind of production, you better bring something else than that, and he just doesnt, just try and focus on him when the puck is being cycled, youll see him being completely neutered. Hes a skilled player, but not a good one. Kinda like PAP and Desharnais.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Your just full of it.... Hudon is great whitout the puck and he always been. Just last year as a rookie he was 5th for takeaway as a forward while missing 10 games and played most of the season on 3rd/4th line. On top of that he was 4th on the team for shots on net.... SOOOOO bad for a rookie!!!!!!!! around

He was also shooting for 5% last year witch was also the worst of his career. He could definitely hit the 10% mark this year witch cold result to almost 20G if he keep shooting around 175 shots.

One of the weirdest evaluations I've ever seen of a player tbh.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not disgusting the fact he can produce the odd numbers, but with this kind of production, you better bring something else than that, and he just doesnt, just try and focus on him when the puck is being cycled, youll see him being completely neutered. Hes a skilled player, but not a good one. Kinda like PAP and Desharnais.

he did more then produce odd numbers, he was 6th on the team in scoring, while not having a center. I think he can put up 40ish points if put in the right situation.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
he did more then produce odd numbers, he was 6th on the team in scoring, while not having a center. I think he can put up 40ish points if put in the right situation.
Exactly. He needs the right situation to produce 30ish and hes ineffective. Hes just bad. Look at him play in the O, hes smart and thats the only reason hes even decent.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Exactly. He needs the right situation to produce 30ish and hes ineffective. Hes just bad. Look at him play in the O, hes smart and thats the only reason hes even decent.

No, he was put in a bad situation and still was 6th on our team in scoring DESPITE playing with a blackhole of offense. Put him with a legit center and I bet he puts up 40 pts last year. That's way more then the odd point.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No, he was put in a bad situation and still was 6th on our team in scoring DESPITE playing with a blackhole of offense. Put him with a legit center and I bet he puts up 40 pts last year. That's way more then the odd point.
Its bad production. 40 points is 40 points, no? Its Shaw territory, and even with all thr hate I bear for Shawzie, hes much more effective than Hudon.

Byron, Lekhonen, Shaw, Danault are all 40 pts guys in good situations, but their impact is much greater than Hudon, and Shaw isnt really an ideal 3rd liner anyway, so youd imagine that, yes, Hudon does suck.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Ya I don't think physically possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad