Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Bah 40 points.. is this all we have to be excited about? Just another nothing player.. boy this roster is depressing..

The habs have a lot of middling talent on forward.

Despite what people say about Shaw, even he can produce in a complimentary role. Guys like Lehkonen, Hudon, Armia etc... can do the same. Danault can be added to that list even if he plays higher up the line-up.

The biggest issue the habs will have is how to give these guys opportunities to break out and/or trade them for upgrades.

I have said for a year now we have too many wingers.

Pacioretty(Still here for now)
Gallagher
Drouin(He's a winger, IDGAF what management says)
Domi
Lehkonen
Hudon
Byron
Shaw
Armia

Scherbak

Even if we'd go as far as removing Max and Drouin from the list we still have a lot of guys who can play wing well. The problem of course is that it forces guys who need more opportunities in support roles. That's good for a contending team but for a team looking to develop talent having some guys like Hudon and others playing bottom 6(if not 4th line) roles is a little counterproductive.

If habs falter I can only hope Max and Byron are traded while they have value.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Bah 40 points.. is this all we have to be excited about? Just another nothing player.. boy this roster is depressing..
For a 5th round pick Hudon he actually panned out more than earlier draft picks.. They either quit or don't get a contract from having no potential of being an NHL player, therefore he did play very well 10 goals 20 assists on a bad team. Go elsewhere we don't need negativity around here to make everything sound boring!

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
For a 5th round pick Hudon he actually panned out more than earlier draft picks.. They either quit or don't get a contract from having no potential of being an NHL player, therefore he did play very well 10 goals 20 assists on a bad team. Go elsewhere we don't need negativity around here to make everything sound boring!
He's a bottom 6 player on a team going nowhere, he's never gonna be a top 6 player, he's not good enough, just another player that wont make a difference.

Reactions: vokiel

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
He's a bottom 6 player on a team going nowhere, he's never gonna be a top 6 player, he's not good enough, just another player that wont make a difference.
For a 3rd liner putting up 30 points besides other top 6 he did damn well for a third liner.. Seriously get out of here if you got nothing nice to say, leave your negativity out of here, other teams are an option if you hate on this team a lot or feels no future for them...

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
For a 3rd liner putting up 30 points besides other top 6 he did damn well for a third liner.. Seriously get out of here if you got nothing nice to say, leave your negativity out of here, other teams are an option if you hate on this team a lot or feels no future for them...
He's alright, nothing special, not a difference maker. Calm down you are going to give yourself a hernia. There is no future while Bergy is at the helm. Hudon is an ok player, he blends in with our limited talent.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
He's alright, nothing special, not a difference maker. Calm down you are going to give yourself a hernia. There is no future while Bergy is at the helm. Hudon is an ok player, he blends in with our limited talent.
Sorry just a little annoyed from other posters that always need to say a negative thing to say about something.. Yea but I hope bergevin is gone next season

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hudon has the potential for more ouput. He showed that he could create chances, but the final execution wasn't quite there. Despite that, he still put up 30 points on this team.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a 20 goal guy in this league during his best year(s).

He reminds me a little bit of Oleg petrov.

Reactions: Frankc and NobleSix

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hudon has the potential for more ouput. He showed that he could create chances, but the final execution wasn't quite there. Despite that, he still put up 30 points on this team.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a 20 goal guy in this league during his best year(s).

He reminds me a little bit of Oleg petrov.

agreed with everything but the Petrov part, as he was fast and Hudon isn't and in today's NHL that's huge. I don't know what he will do, as you said he could create chances but the results weren't quite there. He was easily one of our best players imo, and if he can improve on his lower body strength, get quicker, he could be a very good NHLer as he has skills and his IQ is high end level. The kid was a great treat to watch in the AHL, if he can become half that in the NHL it's going to go very well for him and the Habs but he's got to get quicker and if not perhaps he's never more then a decent 30-40 pt player which for a 5th rounder is still very good.

Reactions: Fenris

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Charles Hudon is a Alex Tanguay clone.

What are those comparisons? lol

Tanguay was fast, tall, a bit of a power forward.
Petrov, dangler, excellent skater.

Hudon is a smaller version of Claude Giroux

1) They both like to slow down the play.
2) They both have good shots.
3) They both have good IQ/Vision and will create things on the ice.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Hahaha you just made my day!

Thanks you

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Hum, Tanguay was a pure finesse playmaker, never really had any 'power' to his game. (and why do you include Petrov ?)

I could see a poor man's Claude Giroux, though, both have very good IQ, and both can do it all.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
agreed with everything but the Petrov part, as he was fast and Hudon isn't and in today's NHL that's huge. I don't know what he will do, as you said he could create chances but the results weren't quite there. He was easily one of our best players imo, and if he can improve on his lower body strength, get quicker, he could be a very good NHLer as he has skills and his IQ is high end level. The kid was a great treat to watch in the AHL, if he can become half that in the NHL it's going to go very well for him and the Habs but he's got to get quicker and if not perhaps he's never more then a decent 30-40 pt player which for a 5th rounder is still very good.

Yeah, this is why I said he reminded me a little bit of petrov. Speed is much different, but in terms of finishing, I do see some similarity.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like Hudon but for me, he needs to take a big step forward and score 15-20 goals next year. My problem with our roster is too many soft forwards and Hudon is one of them. He don't win puck battles and gets moved off the puck to easily. We can only have so much of these types. So for me, Hudon needs to produce points and be a good +/- player if he wants to stay in my line-up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like Hudon but for me, he needs to take a big step forward and score 15-20 goals next year. My problem with our roster is too many soft forwards and Hudon is one of them. He don't win puck battles and gets moved off the puck to easily. We can only have so much of these types. So for me, Hudon needs to produce points and be a good +/- player if he wants to stay in my line-up.

I don't consider him soft per say, more just lacks strength as he will get his nose dirty and to me that's how I look at if a player is soft or not.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't consider him soft per say, more just lacks strength as he will get his nose dirty and to me that's how I look at if a player is soft or not.

Soft is a strong word for many of our forwards :sarcasm:.

But yes, not all are the exact same type. I just am not a fan of having too many forwards who are easily contained when there is less time and space. I think Hudon falls in this category.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
I just hope they acctually play Hudon and feed him TOI. Because montreal hates their rookies and gives them very little chance to develop, they rather play Plek, Patch, A.Shaw over 20min a game then give the young studs a chance to shine. At this point.... it's facts

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
We have waited so long for Hudon to finally join our lineup... He comes in and records 30 points (21st amongst rookies) with an awful shooting percentage (2nd worst in the top 25) on a god awful team and some find a way to turn this into a negative :ha:

Reactions: Frankc

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I didn't watch a lot last year but more often than not he stood out in a good way. Like the way he plays. Hope he still has room to get better. I'm just glad he looks like a proper NHLer. It was touch and go there for a bit. I was pretty worried about his skating. If he can still get better in that area he could be a doozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad