Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Well, reality is we might very well get to July 5th with no UFA center signing here at all.

And for the good of the team, we need to reap high picks for the next 2 drafts, so all in all, why not ?

Who knows anyway, Hudon might be adequate. I'd actually prefer Hudon at C than Drouin.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I wouldn't be surprised if that scenario plays out either. And I hope it does. Us getting Statsny and O'Reilly would only bring us back up to mediocrity instead of tanking and getting young talent that could actually make us contenders in the future. Plus it may allow Bergevin to keep his job longer.

Couldn't agree more. But if it's the case and we lose out on both (not even counting Tavares), then don't even spend money on a guy like Bozak. No point down the road unless it's a 2-3 year contract at most!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Well, reality is we might very well get to July 5th with no UFA center signing here at all.

And for the good of the team, we need to reap high picks for the next 2 drafts, so all in all, why not ?

Who knows anyway, Hudon might be adequate. I'd actually prefer Hudon at C than Drouin.

I think we are all on the same page, but players will have to be moved in order to get plenty of draft picks for next year's draft
Trade Patches, Byron, Petry and even go as far as Price and Weber
Just rebuild from scratch, I really think in 3-4 years we could have a decent young amazing team

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I think we are all on the same page, but players will have to be moved in order to get plenty of draft picks for next year's draft
Trade Patches, Byron, Petry and even go as far as Price and Weber
Just rebuild from scratch, I really think in 3-4 years we could have a decent young amazing team

Totally agree with you, even as far as Price and Weber. Weber's value will go up after his last bonus July 1st, his actual salary going from 12M$ to 6M$ with the same cap, low budget teams might want to chime in. Price contract is pretty horrible though, but well, it's not like we don't have the cap space to take cap dumps along the way.

The last 3 drafts filled our prospect pool, but another high pick or 2 would help a lot.

Wonder if that's Bergevin plan... :sarcasm:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Totally agree with you, even as far as Price and Weber. Weber's value will go up after his last bonus July 1st, his actual salary going from 12M$ to 6M$ with the same cap, low budget teams might want to chime in. Price contract is pretty horrible though, but well, it's not like we don't have the cap space to take cap dumps along the way.

The last 3 drafts filled our prospect pool, but another high pick or 2 would help a lot.

Wonder if that's Bergevin plan... :sarcasm:

ATTITUDE

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he did play center in the AHL but Lefebvre put an end to it very early in the season despite it being the best line they had, Ghetto Hudon Holloway. They had a bad game in philly and he broke them up and Hudon never played center again other then say when his center got kicked out of the face-off circle. That was only a few games or weeks at most into the '15-'16 season.

That said I would consider it if they put Drouin at wing. Put them on a line together and see how it goes.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Like a lot of us I tend to pour over stats constantly, Hudons stat lines have tell tale signs of a player about to break out in my opinion. I always feel like there is a pattern with long term development players. They get a few small call ups get a couple points, get sent down to the AHL do well in the AHL, get called back up permanently and put up respectable numbers in their first "full" season. After which I tend to find these players go big in their second or third full years.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Like a lot of us I tend to pour over stats constantly, Hudons stat lines have tell tale signs of a player about to break out in my opinion. I always feel like there is a pattern with long term development players. They get a few small call ups get a couple points, get sent down to the AHL do well in the AHL, get called back up permanently and put up respectable numbers in their first "full" season. After which I tend to find these players go big in their second or third full years.

I hope he still has room to improve. Really like his game. Big fan. He could be a beaut.

Reactions: HBDay

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
he did play center in the AHL but Lefebvre put an end to it very early in the season despite it being the best line they had, Ghetto Hudon Holloway. They had a bad game in philly and he broke them up and Hudon never played center again other then say when his center got kicked out of the face-off circle. That was only a few games or weeks at most into the '15-'16 season.

That said I would consider it if they put Drouin at wing. Put them on a line together and see how it goes.
I’ve always said Hudon is a smart, creative player and that they should use him at centre. The guy deserves a lot more points than he actually gets.
It seems to be the philosophy of this organization though. The minute they make a mistake, break them up, demote, or replace with a tired old vet.

Reactions: dralaf

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He’s one of our only intelligent players imo. He has hockey sense.

Reactions: HBDay

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I agree. He shoots a lot. Pretty close to twice as often as Max Domi. I think he should be tried at center, though. The problem is where those shots are coming from. If you look at his shot map, his low shooting percentage should be pretty close to expectation. If you put him at center, the list of names who play the center ice position who shoot as often as Hudon does, and are as good at getting their shot on net as Hudon is is a pretty interesting one.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I’ve always said Hudon is a smart, creative player and that they should use him at centre. The guy deserves a lot more points than he actually gets.
It seems to be the philosophy of this organization though. The minute they make a mistake, break them up, demote, or replace with a tired old vet.

he's always been very smart but the concerns have been about his lack of size, strength, speed and skating. I'd like to see him at center since it would mean he wouldn't have to play with Pleks which is where I think he'll be.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I watched almost every game last season and on many nights Charles Hudon was the most dangerous player the Habs had in the O zone. I was perplexed at how many times he beat Dmen wide. He is deceptively faster than we give him credit for and is one of the smartest players we have. Hard to believe he is the only player we have remaining from the 2012 draft.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sportnet seems to think he is poised for a breakout next year and I would love to see it.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/ondrej-kase/831571

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Our second best 5-on-5 forward last year after Gallagher. Probably created the most chances of anyone, and did so fairly consistently.

I have no worries. He's the definition of too smart to fail.

I'd like to see him back with Lehkonen. They looked really good together to start the season but were unfortunately snakebit.

Reactions: dralaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad