Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
big Hudon fan. Really worried when 2 preseasons ago, I saw him lose a foot race to Shaw in such miserably slow fashion that I was damn sure his skating would hold him back. Really glad he seems to have gotten over that and looks like he'll be a player despite his skating.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
If I was to lump Hudon, scherbak and lehkonen together my list would go:

Scherbak

Hudon

Lehkonen

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Can he get a shot at C?

Will Hudon break out this year?

It will be his opportunity to take the next step looking at this forward group. Habs have put a lot of investment into him lets hope it can pay off this season.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If I was to lump Hudon, scherbak and lehkonen together my list would go:

Scherbak

Hudon

Lehkonen

I'm just so worried Scherbak's gonna be injury prone. Hope he can learn to keep his head up. Love that he showed nice things but I just can't help but think the worst.

I always had Hudon ahead of Lehkonen. Definitely thought that was foolish when Lehkonen lit up the SHL playoffs that year but seeing them side by side it actually doesn't seem too dumb now. I have faith in both those guys.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Can he get a shot at C?

Will Hudon break out this year?

It will be his opportunity to take the next step looking at this forward group. Habs have put a lot of investment into him lets hope it can pay off this season.

Yes and yes, hopefully. He was great last year, it's really a joy to watch him.

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
This is just a personal opinion but wouldn't it be great to have a line like :

Sherback-Hudon-Lekhonen (3rd line all year)

like the good old

Gally-Eller-Chucky

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
What I like about Hudon is that he consistently outperforms expectations. I've always been fairly high on him as far as skillset, I love the way he thinks the game, his anticipation, he has very high hockey IQ etc, but I worried due to his physical stature and his lack of foot-speed. I have learned not to doubt him anymore, he's proven me wrong time and time again, I think we have a player here and despite his lack of footspeed and strength I believe his game lends to one of our better options to fill in Center in some capacity, whether it's just in a temporary/stop gap form until Poehling/Kot are ready or whether it be in a more permanent role. I truly believe he is a more viable option at center than Drouin, certainly.

His playmaking along with his defensive/offensive hockey IQ are very strong, he has the ability to slow things down and make the correct play 99% of the time and you wouldn't ever him to be a dangler, but he has that ability as well. Chucky use to dangle but forget to move his feet and was a better skater than Hudon, but sometimes his hands were ahead of his feet, Charles is a bit of the opposite, doesn't have the footspeed or the hands of Chucky, but he keeps his feet moving. He also his a pretty nice shot. I love this guy. If he were 6 feet tall and bit quicker( I know, I know, you can say this about a lot of players) he'd be a superstar.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
This is just a personal opinion but wouldn't it be great to have a line like :

Sherback-Hudon-Lekhonen (3rd line all year)

like the good old

Gally-Eller-Chucky

A line of Lehkonen - Hudon - Scherbak (better for the positions) would be excellent as a third line. In fact, many permutations of a third line with Hudon as a C would be excellent; Lehkonen - Hudon - Scherbak, Domi - Hudon - Lehkonen, Domi - Hudon - Armia, Byron - Hudon - Armia, and so on... The key is playing them as a third line. The problem is the actual depth at C that fails to make the top two lines all that threatening to opponents and frees their better defensive coverage for lesser lines on the Habs' depth chart.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
What I like about Hudon is that he consistently outperforms expectations. I've always been fairly high on him as far as skillset, I love the way he thinks the game, his anticipation, he has very high hockey IQ etc, but I worried due to his physical stature and his lack of foot-speed. I have learned not to doubt him anymore, he's proven me wrong time and time again, I think we have a player here and despite his lack of footspeed and strength I believe his game lends to one of our better options to fill in Center in some capacity, whether it's just in a temporary/stop gap form until Poehling/Kot are ready or whether it be in a more permanent role. I truly believe he is a more viable option at center than Drouin, certainly.

His playmaking along with his defensive/offensive hockey IQ are very strong, he has the ability to slow things down and make the correct play 99% of the time and you wouldn't ever him to be a dangler, but he has that ability as well. Chucky use to dangle but forget to move his feet and was a better skater than Hudon, but sometimes his hands were ahead of his feet, Charles is a bit of the opposite, doesn't have the footspeed or the hands of Chucky, but he keeps his feet moving. He also his a pretty nice shot. I love this guy. If he were 6 feet tall and bit quicker( I know, I know, you can say this about a lot of players) he'd be a superstar.

Has long as he can keep his confidence growing at the NHL level, I believe that he will become a team fixture for the future and definitely will improve on his 650K a year salary ;)

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I've always been high on him. I've never quite understood why his production never quite translated to the NHL, but it's just a matter of time imo.

And yes, to me he would seem to be a better option than drouin at center

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
A year ago, we were wondering why Hudon had not yet had a shot in the NHL, and if perhaps Bergevin and his team simply did not like Hudon. Other people suggested that the Habs were simply hiding Hudon from the Vegas Golden Knights.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
In DDs last year here I tought Hudon would've easily outplayed him at C if given the chance. Hudon was 21-22 at the time. 4A in 6 games on the 4th line. If given the opportunity he would have run with it IMO

Hes one of the last players on this team that I liked since day one. Subban, Eller, Radulov, Markov, Galchenyuk..

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
A year ago, we were wondering why Hudon had not yet had a shot in the NHL, and if perhaps Bergevin and his team simply did not like Hudon. Other people suggested that the Habs were simply hiding Hudon from the Vegas Golden Knights.

Naive imo to think Vegas didn't know about Charles Hudon.

Reactions: DAChampion

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I'd expect he can be a 0.5 pts player as soon as next year. He's the type of guy you gotta keep on the team, always gives his 100%. The coaching staff also seems to like him quite a bit.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You kinda knew he was going to be a keeper when the Habs showed no eagerness to rush him to NHL and left him unprotected for expansion draft.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hudon can be a strong third line player that can play uo and down the lineup as needed. I also see him as a 40+ point-getter as early as next season, depending on how he is deployed by Julien.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
I think that with Hudon, some of us wanted him to reach the NHL because of how poor was our 2012 draft besides Galchenyuk. We gave Seburstian Collberg + a 5th rd 2014 pick for Vanek. Vail couldn't translate his skills to the AHL. Bozon got sick for 5 months but suprinsingly it didn't affect his junior career much (and was also struggling in the AHL). So the only savior for this poor draft year was Charles Hudon.

He knows his weaknesses and will work on them during the summer. To me I just hope he doesn't get injured because he's already been through a lot and you never come back at 100% after an injury.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I think that with Hudon, some of us wanted him to reach the NHL because of how poor was our 2012 draft besides Galchenyuk. We gave Seburstian Collberg + a 5th rd 2014 pick for Vanek. Vail couldn't translate his skills to the AHL. Bozon got sick for 5 months but suprinsingly it didn't affect his junior career much (and was also struggling in the AHL). So the only savior for this poor draft year was Charles Hudon.

He knows his weaknesses and will work on them during the summer. To me I just hope he doesn't get injured because he's already been through a lot and you never come back at 100% after an injury.

What was your involvement in the discovery and/or characterization of Kepler-22B?

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
What was your involvement in the discovery and/or characterization of Kepler-22B?

I don't have any involvement into the discovery of this exoplanet. I only have 7 seasons of The Universe under the belt. We don't even know if it's a solid planet or if there is water. If so, we'll only be 600 light years away from it :rolleyes:.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I don't have any involvement into the discovery of this exoplanet. I only have 7 seasons of The Universe under the belt. We don't even know if it's a solid planet or if there is water. If so, we'll only be 600 light years away from it :rolleyes:.
600 light years takes like 2 seconds in a UFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad