Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Who cares anymore. The team is trash and they have one real NHL center ATM.

May as well play him there. He deserves more playing time and he's a smart player.

Reactions: Domenic

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well, he DID play C in St-John's, no?
(I have no clue as to how good he was)

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
I always thought Hudon could be a decent centre.

He would have to get better at winning draws, but he has the hockey IQ and 200ft game imo. Plus he seems to be a hard enough worker, that I believe he would put in the time to get better. I don't think its a good idea to have him centering one of the top two lines, but could try him out for a while on the 4th line and take it from there.

Reactions: HankyZetts

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have stopped underestimating Charles Hudon. No one seems to want to succeed more. He showed a lot of good things this past year. On a team that can’t score he managed to put up 30 points as a rookie. He often times looked like the team’s most dangerous forward.

I like him. My only worry is his foot speed. I wanted him to play C last year. But foot speed is a real concern.

Anyways, I hate this team without Galchenyuk (and Subban, Radulov, Markov, and Sergachev). I just want them to fail miserably so Molson relentlenssly has his head bashed in by fans and the media, and finally decides it would be a good idea to fire Bergevin.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin gets both Statsny and O'Reilly - O'Reilly in a 3 way deal involving Max, and futures going to Buffalo, and Statsny by overpaying if he doesn't re sign in Winnipeg.

It's not a bad move to have stability down the middle for the next 2 or 3 years. I'd rather tank for Hughes or another Kotkaniemi.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I wouldn't be surprised if Bergevin gets both Statsny and O'Reilly - O'Reilly in a 3 way deal involving Max, and futures going to Buffalo, and Statsny by overpaying if he doesn't re sign in Winnipeg.

It's not a bad move to have stability down the middle for the next 2 or 3 years. I'd rather tank for Hughes or another Kotkaniemi.

I really wouldn't be surprised if neither is here next week
Blues get ROR and Statsny extends in Winnipeg
We end up with Bozak and Plekanec

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Hudon doesn't "want to play center". The woman asks him if he "would be comfortable playing center" and Hudon said he played center before so he'd be comfortable and will play wherever Claude tells him to play.

Reactions: montreal

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's done it before, no? I don't know why people are upset. Hell, give him a shot if it means Drouin moves back to wing.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I really wouldn't be surprised if neither is here next week
Blues get ROR and Statsny extends in Winnipeg
We end up with Bozak and Plekanec

I wouldn't be surprised if that scenario plays out either. And I hope it does. Us getting Statsny and O'Reilly would only bring us back up to mediocrity instead of tanking and getting young talent that could actually make us contenders in the future. Plus it may allow Bergevin to keep his job longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad