Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
back what up?

His tough guy act..? You challenge Chara you have to expect he's going to push back. He's also a freak height wise so shit the push was high but Gallagher instigated with him all night and was ready to take a hit. I'd also say Gallagher won after the matching minors on the bruins PK.

This isn't thread worthy.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
I'm kinda surprised they even called a crosschecking penalty, because Chara.

The dude is grandfathered in with the Derian Hatcher clause. Commit a penalty every shift and the refs eventually accept it as your baseline.

Which I guess they essentially erased Chara's penalty with the roughing call on Gallagher, for getting crosschecked in the throat.
You hit the nail on the head!

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
This would be a suspension for some players in the league, it won't be for Chara.

Whether it should be? Who knows, spin the wheel.

What should rise to the level of supplemental discipline is anyone's guess.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
His tough guy act..? You challenge Chara you have to expect he's going to push back. He's also a freak height wise so **** the push was high but Gallagher instigated with him all night and was ready to take a hit. I'd also say Gallagher won after the matching minors on the bruins PK.

um, what tough guy act? Gally is one of the fiercest warriors in the NHL. he takes punishment every game going into the dirty areas.

makes sense, tho. Savard must have had that hit coming since he never backed anything up.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
His tough guy act..? You challenge Chara you have to expect he's going to push back. He's also a freak height wise so **** the push was high but Gallagher instigated with him all night and was ready to take a hit. I'd also say Gallagher won after the matching minors on the bruins PK.

What is great, and very respectable about Gallagher is he will be there again next time without hesitation. He knows his role as he understands Chara's.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
um, what tough guy act? Gally is one of the fiercest warriors in the NHL. he takes punishment every game going into the dirty areas.

makes sense, tho. Savard must have had that hit coming since he never backed anything up.

Marc Savard and the injury that ended his career has what to do about this..?

Gallagher was being a pest. Chara responded and is gigantic compared to gallgher so the stick came up. He got a penalty no? Where does Savard and his career ending conclusion come in to play? Please explain...

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
When teams actully played physical hockey night in and out about a decade ago. Serious question did people make these threads on these boards?
Even at hockey’s most violent, such blatantly dirty and gutless acts were still called out. Even going back to Shore on Bailey or Clarke on Kharlamov.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Marc Savard and the injury that ended his career has what to do about this..?

Gallagher was being a pest. Chara responded and is gigantic compared to gallgher so the stick came up. He got a penalty no? Where does Savard and his career ending conclusion come in to play? Please explain...

you brought up some tough guy act as if Gally is a cheap shot artist

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
you brought up some tough guy act as if Gally is a cheap shot artist

I brought up career ending head shots? I don't think so... I mentioned how Gallagher was being a pest to Chara all night acting tough and leading Chara on. I know you'll hate this but when Marchand does it people demand he fight and stop "acting tough". Gallagher was acting tough pretending he'd stand up to Chara. Should he, hell no. No one should Chara's a freak. But this is. 2 min penalty. Gally won he got Chara off the ice, he did his job.

Marc Savard made a clean pass and almost died and was never the same. I'm still confused how was Savard being tough? And what did he have to do about this play? Or anything but you trying to make fun of an ex bruin... I guess Gallagher had an assist this season, and Savard had more than one assist in his career before it was cut short. But Gallagher skated off after this 2 min penalty and Savard didnt...

Reactions: YukonCornelius

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I brought up career ending head shots? I don't think so... I mentioned how Gallagher was being a pest to Chara all night acting tough and leading Chara on. I know you'll hate this but when Marchand does it people demand he fight and stop "acting tough". Gallagher was acting tough pretending he'd stand up to Chara. Should he, hell no. No one should Chara's a freak. But this is. 2 min penalty.

Marc Savard made a clean pass and almost died and was never the same. I'm still confused how was Savard being tough? And what did he have to do about this play? Or anything but you trying to make fun of an ex bruin... I guess Gallagher had an assist this season, and Savard had more than one assist in his career before it was cut short. But Gallagher skated off after this 2 min penalty and Savard didnt...

you're legit saying being a pest (not a tough guy act anymore?) is a good excuse for what Chara did - like that's just a normal play. come on, now. have some sense

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
you're legit saying being a pest (not a tough guy act anymore?) is a good excuse for what Chara did - like that's just a normal play. come on, now. have some sense
Meanwhile, if someone dishes out the same crosscheck to Marchand for being a pest, they’d be the first ones whining and moaning for a suspension and retribution.

Reactions: Tuggy

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Meanwhile, if someone dishes out the same crosscheck to Marchand for being a pest, they’d be the first ones whining and moaning for a suspension and retribution.

You rarely see our fans creating threads begging for suspensions on here. Did you read this on Twitter also?

If someone crosschecked Marchand or punched him (they have), he probably earned it and gave it right back.

Reactions: Scruffy

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You rarely see our fans creating threads begging for suspensions on here. Did you read this on Twitter also?

If someone crosschecked Marchand or punched him (they have), he probably earned it and gave it right back.
Yes, I’m sure that if that exact same crosscheck was fished out to Marchand for being a pest, the consensus thought from bruins fans would be “just a hockey play. Move on”.

Reactions: wolfgaze

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

Being a pest is a lot like acting tough... I'm not changing my story. Gally, Marchand, and most pests act tough and try to get under other players skin. Gallagher was under Chara's skin tonight no doubt.

But Chara responded to Gally acting tough and pissing him off. It was a penalty 100% and over the line. I don't think it'll be reviewed personally. I also don't think it has anything to do with Savard and the hit he took. I strongly disagree that Savard and the hit he took has anything to do with this play or the players being discussed in any way whatsoever.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Zero chance it calls for extra discipline. I just thought it was funny Chara acts like Gallagher embellished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad