Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Here is what Kadri did in last years playoffs and tell me how does his cross check look any different than what Chara did to Gallagher?

Chara did this to Gallagher in a scrum after the whistle. Kadri targeted Debrusk and cross checked an unsuspecting player while coming with speed.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Chara did this to Gallagher in a scrum after the whistle. Kadri targeted Debrusk and cross checked an unsuspecting player while coming with speed.
The way I see it both Kadri and Chara still cross checked DeBrusk and Gallaher towards their faces, with one difference being Chara getting Gallagher's neck.

Also DeBrusk stayed down a bit longer which resulted in Kadri getting a game misconduct. If Gallagher had stayed down like he was hurt maybe Chara also gets a game misconduct.

Reactions: longtime lurker

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Here is what Kadri did in last years playoffs and tell me how does his cross check look any different than what Chara did to Gallagher?

The difference is debrusk acts like he was shot whereas gallagher stayed on his feet. Maybe if debrusk was stronger on his skates kadri wouldn't have been suspended and toronto would have won the first round. Maybe other teams should start diving against the bruins like they do to other teams. It's embarrassing.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The difference is debrusk acts like he was shot whereas gallagher stayed on his feet. Maybe if debrusk was stronger on his skates kadri wouldn't have been suspended and toronto would have won the first round. Maybe other teams should start diving against the bruins like they do to other teams. It's embarrassing.
I specifically said how DeBrusk stayed down and Gallagher did not fall.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
If Chara actually cross-checked him in the windpipe as you say, He would be dead right now. He was in more danger of giving himself Whiplash from throwing his head back.
You know there is a video posted .

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
50 games as a makeup call for the pacioretty incident. In fact this untalented oaf should be kicked out of the league altogether.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

Well for one Chara didn’t turtle on top of a player he just injured.

Tough night for Gallagher tries to act tough to give his team a spark, eats a stick, gets mocked for trying to draw a call and knows there’s not a damn thing he can do against Chara.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Chara plays by his own set of rules out there anyways. Frustrating to see but I cant help but respect it if the refs are going to let it happen I'd do it too.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah. Smashing your stick in your opponent neck is totally acceptable.

I don't think the rulebook says a crosscheck to the neck is worth more of a penalty than a crosscheck to the chest which is more of a penalty than a crosscheck to the stomach.

There's just a rule for cross checking...which is the same action Gallagher was doing a second earlier. Cry me a River.

They both attempted to cross check each other. One succeeded at blocking it with their stick(chara) and one failed at blocking it (Gallagher)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad