Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
7 for Kassian and zero for Chara... Parros needs to put that Princeton education to better use.

Ken Campbell is one of my least favorite writers but his article on Parros was on point.

Reactions: Spoilers

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
A little careless. 1 game at least. Parros is not very good at his job. Parros should be fired. Too many headshots levied against players this year with no penalties.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I'm not saying Kassian doesn't deserve 7 games, absolutely does but giving him that and only giving Chara an extremely mild fine is absolutely disgusting.

I'm still mind boggled that Lawson Crouse got zero games, and not even a conversation for elbowing McAvoy in the head when it was intentional. This is the same game Lauzon somehow got two games for hitting Stepan, despite not having any history and Stepan staying in the game.... Lauzon didn't even target the head. Crouse did.

NHLOL is inept. It is what it is at this point. When you put a CTE clown like George Parros in charge, this is the result.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
How George Parros keeps his job while being completely clueless, inconsistent and ineffectual is beyond me.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Double standard..... Of course the haters will ignore

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200215-164839.png
    Screenshot_20200215-164839.png
    358.8 KB · Views: 5

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
How George Parros keeps his job while being completely clueless, inconsistent and ineffectual is beyond me.
When you have corrupt scum like Colin Campbell still employed, the problem is higher up the chain. We won't get professionalism in the league office until Bettman is gone and a new commissioner who actually cares about the integrity of the league is hired.

Chara should have been given at least 5 games. Repeat offender and has a history of pulling this kind of garbage with Gallagher.

Reactions: LastOne2100

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
In the game today Athanasiou gave Wagner the same crosscheck to the neck. They fought and there was no additional penalty to Anthony A. I bet he does not even get a fine and no one will call the Cops from Montreal.

For the record as a Bruins fan I think Z should have got a game for this. In my view it was worse then what Lauzon did and he got 2 as a 1st timer. In the same game Crouse attacked McAvoys head and nothing, so conspiracy stories in here are laughable. Parros is just clueless.

By the way did not Gallagher get away with a cheap head shot in pre-season, the old Habs connection, is this how it is done.

Last edited:

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
By bruins standards sure.

by the standards applied to the rest of the league. Easy suspension.

You have to control your stick. Chopping a guy in the neck is easy suspension anywhere other than Boston[/
upload_2020-2-16_9-28-59.jpeg

you were saying??

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
A little careless. 1 game at least. Parros is not very good at his job. Parros should be fired. Too many headshots levied against players this year with no penalties.
When has anyone in the position ever been good? Lol

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Gallagher gets the same level of justice as Marchand does. The league is just not going to take a stand for a infraction committed against a pest that embarrasses officials on a nightly basis with dives and head snaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad