Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Are people really saying he didn't crosscheck him in the throat? I measn he probably doesn't even get a phone call...but come on...he crosschecked him in the throat.
I don’t see them saying it wasn’t a crosscheck to the throat, but just as laughable, they’re saying it’s different than any other crosscheck to the throat/face area in intent, particularly different to one their own player took, which saw the culprit of the crosscheck suspense. They’re serious about it too.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Has even one fan said he did not? Chara earned his penalty. The end. I am uncertain of your point.
Actually no, they admit he "crosschecked him" sure....they have said "it wasn't the face"....sure. I just want a Bruins fan to justify how it's ok to crosscheck a guy in the windpipe.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don’t see them saying it wasn’t a crosscheck to the throat, but just as laughable, they’re saying it’s different than any other crosscheck to the throat/face area in intent, particularly different to one their own player took, which saw the culprit of the crosscheck suspense. They’re serious about it too.
It is very, very clearly different than Kadri on Debrusk. Not a great hill to die on.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
But not worth a phone call from DOPS? Could i ask why a crosscheck to the windpipe wouldn't warrant that?

Typical scrum. Gallagher knew who he was up against (Chara, over a foot taller) and still engaged. If scrums and crosschecked are now warranting suspensions this league is beyond dead.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Don't get the offsetting penalty, would be ok with 2 to Chara and 0 for Gally or 4 to Chara and 2 to Gally

In no reality did the situaton require the escalation by the big guy but I didn't see the game to know if it was payback for something else

Nobody hurt and during a battle so doubt there's a suspension

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Oh really? Lolllllll
Yup. Because if you told the truth, then you would bd admiting it was an intentional crosscheck to a players windpipe. Which won't be punished...but is a pathetic POS play that anyone else would face at least a phone call about.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That's exactly what's happening before your eyes. You just gotta laugh it off and move on.....
It's unreal...i mean i'm not even talking about a suspension here, i am talking people saying it's as scrum anx a nothing play. The big lunk stared Gally in the face, and then intentionally crosschecked him in the windpipe...just a normal everyday hockey play.:laugh:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I absolutely imagine you'd be completely proven wrong.
All you have to do is reread this thread, or go do a search on Twitter right now. The vast majority of fans not involved with either team feel he should see some form of discipline.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's unreal...i mean i'm not even talking about a suspension here, i am talking people saying it's as scrum anx a nothing play. The big lunk stared Gally in the face, and then intentionally crosschecked him in the windpipe...just a normal everyday hockey play.:laugh:
Last year in the playoffs when Kadri did basically the same thing to Jake DeBrusk, wasn't it all Bruins fans calling for him to be suspended?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad