Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
2 mins each for roughing (if that even) and 2 for cross check. Off setting doesn’t seem right in that exchange but nothing more than 2 mins imo.

if Gallagher or another Hab wants to challenge chara, I think that’d be fine and I’m sure he’d oblige if asked correctly.

Reactions: LFCTML

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm kinda surprised they even called a crosschecking penalty, because Chara.

The dude is grandfathered in with the Derian Hatcher clause. Commit a penalty every shift and the refs eventually accept it as your baseline.

Which I guess they essentially erased Chara's penalty with the roughing call on Gallagher, for getting crosschecked in the throat.

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
It was the collarbone area (which is padded). If that hit him in the throat or face he would have been in big time trouble and severely injured. Still a dirty play but nothing suspension worthy.

Nope 100% neck

XXSGZ1V.jpg

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
BBBuff did this to many people. I recall him cross checking Connor Carrick while he was in Dallas, smoked the side of his neck so hard, it broke Carrick's nose. Didn't think it was possible. Besides the nose injury, I always wondered what the results are, when an animal like buff did shit like that. Don't think the league gives a shit about this sort of play, unless it's Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad