Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Not even in the same hemisphere of being “the same thing”
Uuuhhhhhhh Simon stomped on Ruutus leg and Pronger stomped on Keslers leg. How is that not even in the same hemisphere of the same thing. The league had already proven they wouldn't bring the hammer down on Pronger in the previous playoffs when he was suspended in the conference finals and the Cup finals for one game in each series for elbows to the head

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Uuuhhhhhhh Simon stomped on Ruutus leg and Pronger stomped on Keslers leg. How is that not even in the same hemisphere of the same thing. The league had already proven they wouldn't bring the hammer down on Pronger in the previous playoffs when he was suspended in the conference finals and the Cup finals for one game in each series for elbows to the head
A stomping of a skate blade onto another player isn’t the same as a crosscheck, dude.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Obviously since Kadri got DeBrusk in the face and Chara got Gallagher in the neck.

However since DeBrusk went down and stayed on the ice it's what lead to Kadri's suspension, even though he was fine and played the next game. If Gallagher did the same thing maybe Chara gets more than a $5,000 fine.

Kadri retaliated on an unsuspecting player while Chara was at least engaged with Gallagher. A very significant difference. As the NHl clearly agrees.

Kadri intended to injure whereas Chara was sending a message, albeit still a penalty (and now a fine).

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
A stomping of a skate blade onto another player isn’t the same as a crosscheck, dude.
Uh I wasn't comparing the stomping of a skate blade to cross checking another player dude. I was pointing out that the league has treated star players differently when it comes to suspensions for a long time and those two incidents are a perfect example of it. Go back and look at the post I was replying too

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I had a guy pull that on me once. Half collapsed my trachea. I was whistling just breathing for like 10 minutes. Actually pretty funny in retrospect.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You and I would be playing then, there aren't enough players in the world to cover half year suspensions for every two minute minor.
wasn't just simple rough and tough after the whistle jostling.

crosschecked him to the head.

[MOD]

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I like how Chara tried playing it off as if Gallagher embellished the cross check to the neck. He’s like 2 feet taller than him how the hell does that make sense.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
If Weber does it to Marchand, them Marchand goes down and rolls about 3 times.. once the call is made he gets up like a little rat and smiles going to the bench.

I guess Chara was checking on Gallager's concussion status?

Protect the players head they say.. yet you get 2 mins for receiving a 2 hander in the neck. Go figure?

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
and my respect for Boston fans just went down.

Don't hate. Its a marginal part of their crowd. But i'll admit that i would pay 5000$ to have one of them come say what they allow themselves to type to my face. Sport is a medium for them to deal with their own inferiority complex. I have a lot of respect for the bruins in general, and I admit there are some hardcore habs fans. Just a vocal minority who lacked love at birth, on both sides.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Forget any preconceptions you may have about any of the players or the teams involved

The fact that a player crosschecking an opponent in the throat only warrants a $5K fine says everything you need to know about the Department of Player Safety

They have NO genuine concern for the well being of their players, they exist solely as an arm of the league's Public Relations Department

The DoPS is a farce and the people who are in charge of it should be ashamed of the consistent abdication of their responsibilities
Spot on till the end part, I think. I really think DoPS hands are tied by other parts of the NHL more than we think.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Such a garage league. Refs and League officials that allow the dirty... and an instigator rule for any who want to respond.

Decline and fall of western civilization

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad