Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Don't hate. Its a marginal part of their crowd. But i'll admit that i would pay 5000$ to have one of them come say what they allow themselves to type to my face. Sport is a medium for them to deal with their own inferiority complex. I have a lot of respect for the bruins in general, and I admit there are some hardcore habs fans. Just a vocal minority who lacked love at birth, on both sides.
did you just complain about on line tough guys by typing about how you are a tough guy?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Don't hate. Its a marginal part of their crowd. But i'll admit that i would pay 5000$ to have one of them come say what they allow themselves to type to my face. Sport is a medium for them to deal with their own inferiority complex. I have a lot of respect for the bruins in general, and I admit there are some hardcore habs fans. Just a vocal minority who lacked love at birth, on both sides.

And Bruins fans have the inferiority complex?

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
did you just complain about on line tough guys by typing about how you are a tough guy?

Nah i just said people allow themselves to say a lot of stuff online that they wouldn't dare say in person. The joke is that paying 5000$ to hear it will never happen because they woudln't dare talk the way they do to a stranger like that without a computer screen. Its a common thing in this day and age.

Reactions: Chompchompr

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Nah i just said people allow themselves to say a lot of stuff online that they wouldn't dare say in person. The joke is that paying 5000$ to hear it will never happen because they woudln't dare talk the way they do to a stranger like that without a computer screen. Its a common thing in this day and age.
ok. clearly not how i interpreted. could be me but seems somewhat open to interpretation when you say i would pay people 5k to say that to me. seems pretty pointed

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
ok. clearly not how i interpreted. could be me but seems somewhat open to interpretation when you say i would pay people 5k to say that to me. seems pretty pointed

Im just poking that small vocal minority, in my own fanbase more than in yours. I had my first cell phone at 26 years old, I don't have facebook. Im just old school, man. :)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don’t think that’s what people are complaining about. I think it’s more of the inconsistency between incidents that people are frustrated about.

Pretty much reading everywhere the Bruins are beloved by the league which can't be any further from the truth. Did you see the game where Lauzon got suspended? How about Crouse? Thoughts?

Reactions: BTO

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Except this does not actually label Chara a repeat offender (and he didn't even get a meeting for this; they are trusting the fine will send a message on its own). See here.
"History" is different than repeat offender status, and they've already chosen to ignore his history when making this decision (imo).

It does get brought up in determining suspension lengths or at least the Player Safety references it when they issue their rulings. You can listen to them all online.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Kadri retaliated on an unsuspecting player while Chara was at least engaged with Gallagher. A very significant difference. As the NHl clearly agrees.

Kadri intended to injure whereas Chara was sending a message, albeit still a penalty (and now a fine).
No doubt Gallagher was totally expecting a throat/face cross check. :laugh:

Reactions: LeafsNation75

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Watch the video in slomo see where his crosscheck makes contact
Yeah im sure Chara had it all planed out. The intent is there. If I use your logic in another context it should go like this.... If someone shoots another person in the chest but defends himself by saying it grazzed his shoulder first so this person shouldnt be repremanded?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah im sure Chara had it all planed out. The intent is there. If I use your logic in another context it should go like this.... If someone shoots another person in the chest but defends himself by saying it grazzed his shoulder first so this person shouldnt be repremanded?

So now professional sports is run like real life society and governed by the same laws? Interesting. I must have missed all those assault trials.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Bruins don't complain when it happens to them. They don't do anything at all sadly. Team is soft this year.

True.

When Rask got elbowed to the head, instead of going to main board and whining for 30+ pages how dirty the play was, they stayed in their own board complaining for 30+ pages how soft the team is and asking for the heads of president, gm and coach.

It actually took quite sometime untill someone created a main board thread about it.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
So now professional sports is run like real life society and governed by the same laws? Interesting. I must have missed all those assault trials.

Just pointing the fact that your comment made zero sense. The cross check was to the neck area, my point is even if it it 2 inches of his chest on super slo motion doesn't mean shit. It was a dangerous use of his stick, Chara can't even use the reactionary excuse because the play was dead.

Gallagher should have used the DeBrusk / Marchand school of floppin around to get the call...

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I like how Chara tried playing it off as if Gallagher embellished the cross check to the neck. He’s like 2 feet taller than him how the hell does that make sense.

It was a pretty stiff cross check to the neck area ... but Gallagher took it so well that he did do a slight delayed head jerk to bring attention to the contact. Which Im fine with here.

I do think there is a distinction between diving and drawing attention to contact. Unfortunately, if you dont draw attention to a call, sometimes it doesnt get called. If you dont fall to the ground immediately after a major, it gets called a minor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->