Chara crosscheck to Gallagher’s neck (Update: fined $5k)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
That screen shot is quite clear.... I imagine it would take a few moments of your time to find it if you so desire.
True, context is irrelevant.

You now have all the material you need to find it. Not everyone is skilled with embedding video in a forum.
All you have to do is post the link and it embeds itself for you. It's not a complicated endeavor.

Reactions: AzHawk

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
I'm a Habs fan but I guess the Bruins hate for Gallagher is similar to ours for Marchand. :nod:
Only difference Gallagher plays an honest hard game and doesn’t do any of the dirty stuff Marchand resorts to

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
True, context is irrelevant.

All you have to do is post the link and it embeds itself for you. It's not a complicated endeavor.
Here i'll do it for him, go to 39 seconds...i am not sure if this is the play in which that still frame comes from as i honestly can't find that exact spot.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Only difference Gallagher plays an honest hard game and doesn’t do any of the dirty stuff Marchand resorts to
I know, but he irritates the hell out of it's opponents and he basically laughs in their faces at times. but, I love Gally!

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
another incident, and he’s considered a repeat offender. That’s why they fine.

This. Basically a person ends up almost not suspendable until they have a record. Chara has done many things that would get others suspended. If you don't give him a fine and a meeting, you condone a headshot, do not let the player know it is not acceptable and set the bar that makes it more difficult to remedy such transgressions going forward. It isn't about money.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Here i'll do it for him, go to 39 seconds...i am not sure if this is the play in which that still frame comes from as i honestly can't find that exact spot.

yeah, happens at around :46 - not even close to the same amount of force used by Chara

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This. Basically a person ends up almost not suspendable until they have a record. Chara has done many things that would get others suspended. If you don't give him a fine and a meeting, you condone a headshot, do not let the player know it is not acceptable and set the bar that makes it more difficult to remedy such transgressions going forward. It isn't about money.
Earlier this season Alex Kerfoot was suspended 2 games when he tripped Erik Johnson into the boards, however prior to that he never had any record from the Department of Player Safety.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Chara is a total loser. Retire.

As far as Gally is concerned, whenever y'all are ready to move him, give Nashville a call would ya? I love that guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukeofjive

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Earlier this season Alex Kerfoot was suspended 2 games when he tripped Erik Johnson into the boards, however prior to that he never had any record from the Department of Player Safety.

Not saying they can't suspend whatsoever but the more of a record you have, the more likely. Player Safety even quotes it in their rulings.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Except this does not actually label Chara a repeat offender (and he didn't even get a meeting for this; they are trusting the fine will send a message on its own). See here.
"History" is different than repeat offender status, and they've already chosen to ignore his history when making this decision (imo).

Reactions: dukeofjive

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Forget any preconceptions you may have about any of the players or the teams involved

The fact that a player crosschecking an opponent in the throat only warrants a $5K fine says everything you need to know about the Department of Player Safety

They have NO genuine concern for the well being of their players, they exist solely as an arm of the league's Public Relations Department

The DoPS is a farce and the people who are in charge of it should be ashamed of the consistent abdication of their responsibilities

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yet again, it isn't even remotely the same.
Obviously since Kadri got DeBrusk in the face and Chara got Gallagher in the neck.

However since DeBrusk went down and stayed on the ice it's what lead to Kadri's suspension, even though he was fine and played the next game. If Gallagher did the same thing maybe Chara gets more than a $5,000 fine.

Reactions: Chompchompr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad