GDT: Chapter #4 | St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks | "Yeah.. It is another book one, deal with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
disappointing back to back losses against the hawks

maroon looks like a 3rd line lug filling in on tarasenko's line

allen played decent

Reactions: Bendak

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Blame tonight's loss on me, I wasn't able to watch the entire game, got home turned on the TV to watch OT and the Hawks scored immediately....

Sorry everyone

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Screw you Jake Allen and you’re making Edmundson do terrible in OT by making him demoralized by not saving that one puck well enough earlier in the game.

It's pretty funny when giving up 4 goals actually HELPS his GAA. But whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Our only win is against Calgary with Mike Smith throwing up an egg.

The only reason we even got to OT was because of a mistake by Cam Ward on the Perron goal.

That said, dude that knocked down Schenn should have been called. When it wasn't, I figured the Hawks would score. They were basically 3 on 2 at the end there.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Chicago may be getting some points early, but they are not a good team. Sadly, neither are the Blues right now. Tonight I finally came to feel the defensive coverage is a lot bigger problem than the goaltending.

Are we overestimating our defensive personnel?

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
We aren't going anywhere until a real defensive plan is executed. They are just picking a man and following them around.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
ROR is gonna lose his love for the game again playing on a line with Maroon and Tarasenko. Maroon can't do anything right and Tarasenko has no drive to get the puck unless someone lays it on a platter for him. Feel bad for the guy as he's busting his ass out there every shift.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
They lay off to much..when we were great last year, our d moved towards the slot and we took chances because of our skill. Then we backed off of that and it's been downhill since.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Chicago may be getting some points early, but they are not a good team. Sadly, neither are the Blues right now. Tonight I finally came to feel the defensive coverage is a lot bigger problem than the goaltending.

Are we overestimating our defensive personnel?
There’s no scheme. There’s plenty of talent back there, but they’re all wandering around like chickens with no heads. Pietrangelo, Parayko, Edmundson, Dunn (RIP), is a plenty good top 4 and Bouwmeester, Schmaltz, Bortuzzo are all good enough for bottom pair duties. It’s coaching.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's pretty funny when giving up 4 goals actually HELPS his GAA. But whatever.

That’s the thing. I’m not. He’s got to play better overall. Not tonight though. 0 percent of this loss is on him.

You’re just so extreme on him you can’t see anything else.

You literally blamed the 18 skaters poor performance in the first half in this game on a save Allen made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad