GDT: Chapter #4 | St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks | "Yeah.. It is another book one, deal with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think coaching looks like a problem. But I think it’s unrealistic that Armstrong would really make a change any time soon, especially if they’re playing .500 points hockey and still in the playoff hunt st that point. Fans can talk about it a lot, but I think this is fanciful thinking right now.

Reactions: Bendak

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
There's a lot of guys who can coach. Todd Nelson, Sheldon Keife, guys that preach skill, creativity and offense. Many guys that aren't in the NHL that are options.

I'd even take AV, who has a good track record.

Anyone is better than Mike Yeo. He's horrid.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Allen looks demoralized during his post game interview

Edit: Can’t believe he said the D core was fine

The D core IS fine. They are simply playing lousy defence right now, as are the forwards. That's more on Yeo and Van Ryn than on Pietrangelo, Edmundson, and Parayko. Although all 3 should be trying to play harder and smarter on their own. Dunn is playing poorly, and so is Bouwmeester, at times. Schmaltz has been both good and bad. But, I thing the top 6 are okay. They just need to play a different system. I don't like whay Yeo and Van Ryn have them doing. And there had better be a change very soon.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think we need a fundamentals coach. Start with a defense first system, one that emphasises working as a 5 man unit and stresses communication. Once that is established, (and it may take a while and bruise some egos!) THEN you start on offensive plays and creativity. We have the talent, it just needs to be made to work as a team. No more individual efforts.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
For his salary I think he’s been quite good, but he definitely shouldn’t be on the top line. I like the idea of him on the PP but not the execution so far. Too many jam plays not enough parking his ass in the goalie’s eyes.

It's weird that he tries to play off to the side; but, honestly, nobody on the Blues shoots the puck quickly enough after receiving it on the powerplay, so screening is useless and he needs to get open for passes. If they eventually learn to quickly move the puck and then immediately shoot it, it'll make perfect sense for him to take away the goalie's eyes and be there for a rebound instead of the fancy jam setup.

Reactions: Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad