GDT: Chapter #4 | St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks | "Yeah.. It is another book one, deal with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Good you don't need to watch anymore then.
I’ve watched every game since 2008. I’m in for the long haul, but it’s pretty obvious this isn’t a good team. I’m just happy our pick is protected so we don’t pull an Ottawa and hand away a great pick for nothing.

Reactions: Bendak

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Based on the comments I'm reading about the defense again I'm just going to drop this GIF to sum it up...

giphy.gif

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Chicago may be getting some points early, but they are not a good team. Sadly, neither are the Blues right now. Tonight I finally came to feel the defensive coverage is a lot bigger problem than the goaltending.

Are we overestimating our defensive personnel?
It's the same personnel we've had that has looked a lot better. I'm starting to lean towards the coaching aspect, or lack of.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Not sure how anyone can put the blame on Allen for this. I saw multiple instances where the Blues D just let a Hawks player walk into the slot and get an uncontested shot off. I don't know what Van Ryn is coaching these guys but I'm starting to become skeptical of his abilities.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’d fire Yeo if the team loses tomorrow.

It won’t happen but why wait? The defense is wayyy too sloppy. Like someone else said, you can’t be giving up 4 goals a game and expect to win. And there are a long list of other issues as well.

I literally think it’s impossible for Yeo to get a grip on this team. There are way too many things he would have to correct. And judging by his history with the Blues and Wild, he’s just not going to.

Team just flat out needs a new coach. This is almost the spitting image of the Blues under Payne where it isn’t working.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Not sure how anyone can put the blame on Allen for this. I saw multiple instances where the Blues D just let a Hawks player walk into the slot and get an uncontested shot off. I don't know what Van Ryn is coaching these guys but I'm starting to become skeptical of his abilities.
No this one definitely isn’t on Allen. There’s just no winning with this team right now. If the D plays reasonably well Allen shits the bed, and if Allen is great the D give up so many chances that they’re bound to bury some.

illininer

Apr 30, 2014
Illinois
Schenn is a beast
Perron played well
Allen kept us in the game

Tarasenko, ROR, Maroon line is a liability defensively...mainly due to the wingers

Defense plays so soft/backs way too far away from any puck handler

We have to be the slowest team in the NHL...painfully slow

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I’d fire Yeo if the team loses tomorrow.

It won’t happen but why wait? The defense is wayyy too sloppy. Like someone else said, you can’t be giving up 4 goals a game and expect to win. And there are a long list of other issues as well.

I literally think it’s impossible for Yeo to get a grip on this team. There are way too many things he would have to correct. And judging by his history with the Blues and Wild, he’s just not going to.

Team just flat out needs a new coach.

Agreed.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Schenn is a beast
Perron played well
Allen kept us in the game

Tarasenko, ROR, Maroon line is a liability defensively...mainly due to the wingers

Defense plays so soft/backs way too far away from any puck handler

We have to be the slowest team in the NHL...painfully slow
No, it's the play that makes them look slow.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Realistically, how bad is it going to have to get before Yeo is shipped out? The roster is too good to see a drop off like what Yeo saw in Minnesota, unless the team just quits on him to force DA's hand.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Realistically, how bad is it going to have to get before Yeo is shipped out? The roster is too good to see a drop off like what Yeo saw in Minnesota, unless the team just quits on him to force DA's hand.
I think if the team is still sputtering around Thanksgiving he’ll be gone. I’d like to think it’d be at the end of this month but I don’t think they’ll do that.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I've been skeptical of his abilities since 2002

Reactions: Bendak and Oberyn

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Our power play is still bad, idc what they say. I want strong rotation as a 3 man unit down low, and dinterchanging with wingers on either side. Get the rotation working to open ice for skilled players. Plus they need to hound the puck when they do give it up on PP. The D is a simple fix. Line across the blue and sticks in the lane. Dont just throw it blind when you feel pressure.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'd say DA isn't going to stand by and watch the team muck around like this for long. He's assembled too much talent to let the team go without a change, plus look at his track record with Payne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad