Speculation: Change coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Like H&B were discussing with Drance this morning, the crowd needs to get to Buf vs Tor Sat night level bad.

I.e. Sub 10k fans per game.

Unfortunately, with the amount of corporate tickets where people don't really give enough of a shit, I can't see it getting that low. Least not anytime soon.

Canucks currently 5th in attendance. 97% capacity in each home game.

2021-2022 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Doesnt matter if people dont show up to games, if those tickets are sold Aqua doesnt care.

Theres no chance we go below 10k in the building on any given game.

People are starved for a social event after being in lockdown for so long.

Reactions: Indiana

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Again I think the Olympic break is nice point in the season for a regime change.

Attention will be focused off the Canucks with the Olympics going on and the new guys have some breathing room to evaluate the plan going forward with the trade deadline and offseason

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He's performed like a solid second-pairing guy. Which on this team, is a godsend.

He's been better than I expected though.
Disagree..He's played in all situations, big minutes, and played well..On top of that he's making Tyler Myers look like a decent player...Offensively, he could have more points..Overpaid..? ..Probably, but not by much.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Again I think the Olympic break is nice point in the season for a regime change.

Attention will be focused off the Canucks with the Olympics going on and the new guys have some breathing room to evaluate the plan going forward with the trade deadline and offseason

I think change is needed now.

Just high interim coach and GM in the meantime. Then have a pool of candidates in the summer.

Waiting until February is bad for the Brand, the team and everyone involved.

Reactions: Ozone and Scorvat

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
The social media guys have a job to do - obviously there’s a lot of frustration with the team, but I hope no one takes it out on the poor guys whose job it is to try and stoke some excitement for the brand.

So long as the personnel are not targeted I see no problem with people voicing frustration towards the organization. It's what they have turned their brand into.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

We need heads to roll now. Not in February. Not in April. Now.

And if Pettersson or whoever else still looks just as mediocre once Green is gone then they get traded too.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Canucks currently 5th in attendance. 97% capacity in each home game.

2021-2022 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Doesnt matter if people dont show up to games, if those tickets are sold Aqua doesnt care.

Theres no chance we go below 10k in the building on any given game.

People are starved for a social event after being in lockdown for so long.
I'll admit. I got free tickets for the Dallas game and went.

Caught up with friends I had not seen in awhile.

Spent the whole 2nd period in the concourse catching up since the Nucks were their typical shit self in the 1st but starting scoring in the 2nd and didn't want to "ruin" the mojo.

Went back to our seats for the turd, sorry 3rd.

I would have never have spent my own money to go but did so because they were free.

That's why with so many corporate tickets already purchased, it's going to take years for this team to get sub 10k in attendance.

But there sure as hell should be atleast several thousand below capacity every game for non-corporate seats where people have had enough of wasting their hard earned money on this shit product.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
The next 3 games are going to be fitting opponents

Colorado: The well run Stanley cup contender. Many people used them as barometer of what the Canucks could become in 2019/2020 and shows the causals what this team could have looked like with a front office that has competence and vision. Sakic being good should remind people of Linden

Winnipeg: The bubble team/approaching contender status. The team that the Canucks should be and a team that is structured very similarly to the Canucks in terms of it's strength and weaknesses (and play very similarly at least based off of last year) Nate Schmidt returning and showing the Canucks his return to Vegas form would help alot of people to see there is something seriously wrong

Chicago: The tire fire on and off the ice that also went all in for the playoffs only to predictably fail. Their fall from the top and memories of the glory days of the 2o10's should arouse anger and WTF's from the fanbase. The fact that the teams are in similar positions will not be lost on the media or casuals. Both teams lack leadership and vision throughout their organizations

Hopefully they get destroyed and we can get the necessary changes

Last edited:

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
I think change is needed now.

Just high interim coach and GM in the meantime. Then have a pool of candidates in the summer.

Waiting until February is bad for the Brand, the team and everyone involved.

Agreed but unless they get humiliated in the next 3 I don't think its going to happen

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Like H&B were discussing with Drance this morning, the crowd needs to get to Buf vs Tor Sat night level bad.

I.e. Sub 10k fans per game.

Unfortunately, with the amount of corporate tickets where people don't really give enough of a shit, I can't see it getting that low. Least not anytime soon.

I can tell you the corporate guys definitely care. Even if still buying tickets they won't be attending as much or spending at concession/restaurants.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
do we really need to spend 8 hrs a day on a message board typing the same message " Benning needs to go" for it to be considered being held accountable?

All im saying is id rather have a productive conversation on who the next GM should be and steps needed to do rather than reading 30 pages of the same "toxic" stuff.

Yes, because he has a job and most of the media don't dare criticize him unless they are now independent outlets.

This is just fan discussion, not accountability.

Honestly the intellectual hoops people have to jump through to defend a wealthy incompetent person who is in a public position and therefore open to criticism is astonishing.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
What sports shows were/are the Canucks advertising and sponsoring? (maybe a dumb question, but I have no clue)

Might just be tickets, etc. I've never heard any actual Canucks advertising, or I've just tuned it out.

Media covering the team is essentially advertising, seems kind of weird.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
really just want the Aquilinis to sell off the Canucks. but it won't happen.

vancouver real estate is still stratospheric and the source of unending wealth for the FIRE industry robber barons.

rogers arena is owned by the Aquilinis, thus even a relocation won't happen.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Disagree..He's played in all situations, big minutes, and played well..On top of that he's making Tyler Myers look like a decent player...Offensively, he could have more points..Overpaid..? ..Probably, but not by much.

It's his age and the term of his contract, I don't understand how you don't get this.
Playing big minutes on a shit team doesn't make a player good.

Reactions: mossey3535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia