Speculation: Change coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
shows you how much power they think they wield here.

they are putting on an entertainment show, and the on air guys and reporters are part of the cast. very very stupid thing for the producers to mess with the talent ever, let alone in the middle of a live show.
Frankie though is only in the business as a result of his last name. His dad wouldn't make this kind of move. I doubt any of Franky's siblings would either.

Reactions: mossey3535

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I actually see Benning taking some sort of term contract back (Coyle) in exchange or an underperforming "age gap" player like Jake Debrusk, negating any salary cap savings.

Ugh, that tracks and scares me.

Our RHD is so devastated right now that the one trade that I would like for the long-term (off-loading Myers just to free up the cap space for a guy who's a poor fit in the role) is probably not tenable.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
shows you how much power they think they wield here.

they are putting on an entertainment show, and the on air guys and reporters are part of the cast. very very stupid thing for the producers to mess with the talent ever, let alone in the middle of a live show.

Hahahahaha, ultimate revenge would be for a crowd-funded campaign to buy ad time promoting "Fire Benning" and "Sell the team" ads on those shows to help them make up for lost Canucks revenue. Would be more insulting, be seen my a more targeted audience more frequently than an air banner, and would provide confidence (encouragement?) to shows that come out clean and just kick the teeth in of Benning and Aquilini.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Imagine what comes out of this instead of fans wanting change, the change we get is letting jim trade boeser.

This could get worse for us fans.

I mean, how could it get worse? They are a capped team at the bottom of the standings, with a roster that, as it stands, needs the cap to rise next season to even keep the same pieces.

It's a joke. I can't even be mad at Benning and Weisbrod. They are simply puppets for a meddling owner, but they get to go to Governors meetings and hang out in the Old Boys Club. I assume the only reason they are still around is they didn't sign an NDA.

Reactions: Indiana

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Aqua: Jim i called this meeting to figure out why we are losing

JB: it would appear that at the conclusion of regulation time our opponents have scored more goals than we have

Aqua: ok I understand now. Thanks JB. Good talk
More like...

JB: Like, ya know, we didn’t score, like, as many goals as the other team. So, like, ya know, that means we lose. I think that’s how it goes, but, like, I’m not too sure. Is 7 more than 4?

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016

This franchise is incapable of hearing legitimate criticism of the team lol

I've always wondered if it was financial incentive or threat of losing access that had media shilling for them. Splitting hairs I guess. Still not positive why some posters do the shtick, but I assume it's a social experiment thing.

MajinBo

Oct 1, 2015
BC
selling my tickets..why would I waste my hard earned money on this trash? 8 goddam years of this... Look at the Ducks, Wings, and Rangers they started their rebuild way after us and they are already better than us. We didn't even do a proper rebuild...we just sucked ever year.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I feel as I have done everything I can as a fan. Stopped buying tickets in 2013, haven't bought a jersey in an even longer time, and have been illegally streaming games for 8 years. Tired of this shit

change is coming… like fans changing teams!

I’ve been a loyal fan my whole life, I’m 38 years old, even after moving to Calgary 7 years ago I stayed loyal to the Canucks but… I don’t think I can continue supporting this team it’s owners and management group is just horrible and I have zero confidence in them. The players are giving up, now the owner is trying to dictate what the media says about the team, I just don’t agree with what is going on here. I’m having a hard time being excited for Canucks games. This is a far cry from what the team was under Gillis or Burke and it was fun being a Canuck fan back then, having a GM that stood up for what he believes in, having a direction and running things properly. The owner ran Lindens name through the mud, now the Sedins are in for it next, I’m just not so sure I wanna watch this unfold.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

This franchise is incapable of hearing legitimate criticism of the team lol

Who the hell is this? :huh:

selling my tickets..why would I waste my hard earned money on this trash? 8 goddam years of this... Look at the Ducks, Wings, and Rangers they started their rebuild way after us and they are already better than us. We didn't even do a proper rebuild...we just sucked ever year.
If you already have them, you should attend and make sure you're heard in that crowd. :naughty: Aquilini's hand will only be forced once he's embarrassed in that arena.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
There is a way to do it. Such a trade or trades needs to address the third line center position and the blueline. That would likely help the team overall. Benning's pro scouting suggests it will just make them worse.
This would require finding a team who is willing to part with a matchup C and defensive RHD in the middle of the season. It would also require a coaching change and for the new coach's system to be successfully implemented by the beginning of next year.

If that happens and the California teams start to come back down to earth, I guess it's possible. But the whole thing seems like it should also involve the players imbibing unicorn blood daily for it to work.

kylek023

Oct 22, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
tried-nothing.gif

Benning to Aquilini

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Yup. He isn't going anywhere.

Just like the 'rubes' that pay full price for the EA sports games each year (which are basically just patches over the previous years versions). Nothing will happen until Fredo sees the season ticket renewal rates.
I like yer use of the word rube.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Frankie though is only in the business as a result of his last name. His dad wouldn't make this kind of move. I doubt any of Franky's siblings would either.

i disagree. this kind of heavy handed response has luigi's fingerprints all over it. the aqualini organization has a reputation for being hard nosed and ruthless in business. they did not get that rep from aquaman.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The way these low iq assholes are responding to this is exactly the reason why Petey is playing the way he is.

Nobody needs to be traded if we can install a president with the power to be able to tell the family to f*** off.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

It's not the record you jerk. It's the underlying numbers, the way they are getting shelled and giving up quality scoring chances against.

If they were just 5-10 after losing a bunch of close 3-2 or 2-1 games, then I wouldn't be as jaded.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This would require finding a team who is willing to part with a matchup C and defensive RHD in the middle of the season. It would also require a coaching change and for the new coach's system to be successfully implemented by the beginning of next year.

If that happens and the California teams start to come back down to earth, I guess it's possible. But the whole thing seems like it should also involve the players imbibing unicorn blood daily for it to work.

Oh believe me I don't think all those stars align....Not with this front office in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad