GWT: Champions League Semi-Finals

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Well, that never happened.
They sold Kroos off and many, many Bayern fans not only approved it but ragged on Kroos endlessly.

Alonso is horribly inefficient tonight, Thiago is running like a headless chicken and Vidal is a nutjob. There is no calm, focused presence.

The first half was embarrassing.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Why did they sell Kroos
Contract dispute, didn't want to pay what he wanted; somewhere in the process, Kroos decided to move on. With one year left, they preferred to take the money.

They should do

Hummels + 25M for Gotze and Kimmich
There's no need to talk Kimmich. It's not like you can just include him against his will like with hockey trades, either. :)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
For the same reason Dortmund will sell Hummels. Player with one contract year left who is not willing to extend his contract.
He wanted to stay and negotiated for a year. He agreed to leave when it became clear that Bayern didn't rate him enough to pay him what Gotze was gifted.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
They refused to pay Kroos and ignored Guardiola's request to keep him and decided to save money by buying Xabi for cheap. That's how I understand that affair.

Best part - Alonso's salary is just as high as what Kroos wanted! :laugh:

I hate everything about that transfer.

Jan 3, 2012
For the same reason Dortmund will sell Hummels. Player with one contract year left who is not willing to extend his contract.

This is about as bad as your typical trade board proposal. Bayern gets rekt.

Dortmund will include future superstar and former 1st overall pick Nail Yakupov :sarcasm:

Seriously though I hope they get rekt I'm sick of them taking our stars

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
They sold Kroos off and many, many Bayern fans not only approved it but ragged on Kroos endlessly.

Alonso is horribly inefficient tonight, Thiago is running like a headless chicken and Vidal is a nutjob. There is no calm, focused presence.

The first half was embarrassing.

Yeah, I'm going to act like you said as much as you did in the past half year. Sorry, but you're basically a disaster tourist.

Just for the record: Alonso was a last second transfer in reaction to a long injury for Martinez. There was enough quality in midfield when Kroos left, and Alaba was expected to move up, as well. Vidal replaced Schweinsteiger, and was no downgrade over last or this year's Bastian.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Does anyone know the set play conversion with Heynckes vs with Guardiola for Bayern?
Maybe it's just an impression, but Bayern looks awfully not dangerous on corners.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Does anyone know the set play conversion with Heynckes vs with Guardiola for Bayern?
Maybe it's just an impression, but Bayern looks awfully not dangerous on corners.

We definitely are terribly ineffective on set plays, but that's been a very, very old theme. I'm pretty sure we were terrible at that even a couple coaches before Jupp.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Yeah, I'm going to act like you said as much as you did in the past half year. Sorry, but you're basically a disaster tourist.

Just for the record: Alonso was a last second transfer in reaction to a long injury for Martinez. There was enough quality in midfield when Kroos left, and Alaba was expected to move up, as well. Vidal replaced Schweinsteiger, and was no downgrade over last or this year's Bastian.
Can't even admit that I was against the transfer?

I was removed from HF for a long time, I'm no disaster tourist. Also, I watch matches at bars or pubs usually, I happen to be home tonight.

Do you really think the first-half is beyond criticizing? Bernat, Alonso, Thiago were horrible.

Team got much shorter.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
For what it's worth, the second half has been more what I expected from this match. Bayern don't look utterly incompetant this half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad